Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2018 1:52:27 PM EDT
Recently purchased a PS90 with the terrible high standard factory rail and hated the height when shouldered with a red dot sight mounted.
Looking to see what options are out there and what your experiences have been with each.
Trying to decide between an RMR type sight or Aimpoint style sight at the moment. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the design machine mro mount on mine, friend has one with the mini rmr style red dot that was a factory option. I really like the mro on it, he had a mro on his but switched it to another gun. He was saying he is going to go back to the mro as well(same mount).

There are some reviews on youtube for the design machine mounts. I personally went with the mro over the aimpoint because of price. I have multiple aimpoints and mro's and honestly the aimpoint's are better but not enough to justify the price in most cases.

FYI one of the screw points was just ever so off on mine, I think it was the gun out of spec, not the mount. I just ran a tap through with the mount installed with the other 3 screws installed and fixed it. I know the casting can be a little off too, design machine's mount is tight. I think they say if its too tight they will shave it down and refinish for free. Either way that one on mine isn't going to move. Still I like the mount and mro combo and would do it again without hesitation. An aimpoint might be a tiny bit lower but I'm happy with the mro.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:57:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I went with a Vortex Venom on a Design Machines mount. I wanted the original ring sight but decided on the Venom instead. I wanted as low and unobtrusive as possible. It's personal preference either way.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I've also got the design machine mount for the aimpoint T1 and variants.   Very pleased with it.  No more shooting off your chin..lol
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyone with the DM mounts, do any of you have a new PA Cyclops 1x prism to try on it?
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the MPF Technologies rail. $59, and works great... I bought a new PS90 about 18 months ago, and I bought that rail. Go here: http://www.4gunlovers.com/mpftech/

I previously had two PS90s years ago, and I had a Magazine Parts rail on one, and a Critical Dimensions rail on another. Neither of those are available any longer, so I went with the MPF rail.

I took off the factory rail right away (it is way too high), and put on this new rail... Before I even went to the range the first time. I then sold the factory rail online at the FN Forum.

Link Posted: 9/24/2018 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The TROS low mounts for the 1.5x ACOG and Aimpoint PRO's looks great as well:

https://trosusa.com/ps90-accessories/
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#7]
If you decide to go with an aimpoint, I've got a lightly used TROS mount that came with my PS90 I'll sell cheap.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everyone with the DM mounts, do any of you have a new PA Cyclops 1x prism to try on it?
View Quote
According to PA's website it should work for anyone that has a micro dot mount (like for the T1)  but does sit a little taller. Would also be interested to see how it looks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#9]
TROS mount.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top