Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2018 12:11:42 AM EDT
I think I want to use a Leupold DPP on my PS90. I have the one with factory high rail.

what "low" mount would I use with the DPP and Leupolds cross slot mount? Is there enough room for the mounting clamp?

EDIT: Title edited
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’d contact Mark McWillis of TROS and see what he can do.
View Quote
He's good people, sent out an Aimpoint mount the day I mailed my check to him. Solid bit of kit that really works well. I hated that stupid USG rail with the BUIS inside it. The Aimpoint low mount was and is perfect.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Hard to beat Design Machine's mount.  They don't list the delta point but if it's the same as a Vortex / Burris Fast fire then it should work.

http://dmachineri.com/products
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]
TROS makes a low picatinny mount. Thinking about it and the DPP with the Leupold cross mount. Concerned about height though. Still should be lower than mounting that sight in the OEM high rail.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Decided on a Trijicon MRO. I was concerned about the DPP battery life. I am going to mount it with the Design Machines dedicated MRO mount. I should have it next week.

Now onto sling choices....
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Both TROS and Design Machine make great mounts for the PS90 and optics. I have and have used both, they're great.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I was very indecisive between the two.

I knew I wanted the optic low. Without having a straight up comparison it *seemed* like the DM dedicated MRO mount would be lower than a TROS + Low Trijicon mount. I have no proof and quite honestly think they are within less than 1/4" between the two and it probably doesn't matter in the real world.
The other reason was that I wanted the versatility of potentially changing optics at some point. With the TROS mounts pic rail I could do that no problem. By choosing the DM mount I am locked into a MRO unless I buy a new mount.

Once I chose the MRO, I chose the DM mount for a couple of reasons.

1. The mount bolts to the optic, there are two less screws to worry about loosening. Maybe not a big deal but it was a consideration.
2. Appears to mount the center of the optic lower than the TROS
3. I contacted both TROS and DM the same day, one right after the other. Still haven't heard from TROS. DM guy had good communications and was very easy to work with. My mount should be here first part of the week.

I got my PS90 today and after checking it out I bolted the MRO w/ Trijicon low mount onto the high PS90 rail just to see how it was. I literally had a chin weld. Was it usable? Yes, it sure is. Was it anything remotely comfortable or natural feeling for me? Absolutely not.

Slings:

I read that alot of people like/use the ERT sling. I watched their video today and I don't think I will go that route. Or, if I did go with that sling I would change how it mounts in the front. I don't care for the web going around the front of the optics bridge between it and the magazine base.

I have a old gear sector 2pt that I will probably use. Just need to figure out which brand QD socket mounts to use.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the MRO on the TROS mount, and it works just fine, I'm sure the DM mount will too.  I love the ERT sling, I've been carrying my PS 90 everyday on my daily walk for the past 3 months, and never a problem, just a great sling.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 2:13:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I went with the Design Machine RMR mount... it's about as low as you can go, and it works great.

For the sling, I'm a recent convert to QD mount slings... I got a couple of Noveske QD sockets I'm going to mount in the stock.  I'm not a huge fan of the idea of drilling a hole in the side of the rifle, but it's such an elegant solution, and way better than straps all over the gun like most sling mounts I've seen.

It looks like this outside of a gun:

..and it looks like this installed in something that's not a Ps90:

Link Posted: 3/5/2018 5:22:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm thinking about a MS4 sling with QD's. Damage Ind side rail with QD mount for the front and Elite's QD point that uses two factory screws. Or....

A different rapid adjust sling (MS1/VTAC/?) with a QD front, damage ind side rail with QD and a paraclip/MASH hook/HK clip on the back and a Blackhawk PS90 sling adapter. The only problem with using those slings is they don't 2 to 1.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#11]
PMM makes nice QD cups for the PS90. I've got them on both of mine. Works great and easy to install.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm thinking about a MS4 sling with QD's. Damage Ind side rail with QD mount for the front and Elite's QD point that uses two factory screws. Or....
View Quote
I actually bought some of the Damage Inc side rails for mine.  I need to get longer screws since I'm running the funky RMR mount, and they are different than the ones that come with the Damage Inc rails.

About the Damage Inc rails, it appears that if I mount them with the QD sockets to the rear (which I would want to do), there may be an interference issue with the frame (although since I need longer different screws that I don't have, I haven't tried to install them yet).  I could mount with the QDs to the front, but my thinking was that my sling attachment would be in front of my light or laser, which would be less than ideal.

Then it occurred to me that the P90 is so short, I probably could run it as a single point and not hate it.

Someday, I'll get them installed and write about it on here.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 12:26:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Love the Design Machine mount I used with my Vortex Sparc II.
Lowered the optics line of sight a good 2 inches!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top