Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2021 12:02:58 PM EDT
Just bought a new PS90 and took it apart to remove factory grease. The bolt has some deep scratches on bottom. I can't imagine the polymer it slides on to be the cause. Anyone else have this issue? Looks worse than the pics will show. I emailed FN customer service inquiring about it. I've read mixed reviews on there CS department so I wont get my homes up. I am sure it wont effect the functioning of the weapon, but I would expect a little better from FN on quality control. Maybe I am just being anal for no reason.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Those blemishes are purely cosmetic.  They aren't even through the Parkerizing of the bolt.
Put a couple thousand rounds through it and you'll even see the rough Parkerizing start to polish out... and it's still just cosmetic.

Go shoot the darn thing and stop thinking of it as a piece of art.??
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those blemishes are purely cosmetic.  They aren't even through the Parkerizing of the bolt.
Put a couple thousand rounds through it and you'll even see the rough Parkerizing start to polish out... and it's still just cosmetic.

Go shoot the darn thing and stop thinking of it as a piece of art.??
View Quote

I will keep that in mind when i go to the ammo store to find my Picasso ammo to shoot. hard to fine and a bit pricey.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top