Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2018 2:08:36 PM EDT
I didn't pay all that much attention to these pistols/rifles when they first became available but I have recently become interested.

Of course, I waited until the price has almost doubled before they caught my eye, but looks like they can still be found for around 500 bucks

Also, 9mm conversions?  How are those working out?  That looks like the way to go, especially since 9mm will work in the original mags.

And finally, SBR.  It is the obvious direction I would want to go with one of these.  Mainly because the 16" barrel looks hideous and all the work has been done for an SBR besides the stock which seems fairly easy.  So who has an SBR PPS43 and how do you like it?  How hard was the stock conversion?

Thanks in advance for any replies.  Especially with PICS!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one but had to sell (being out of work sucks) and got more than twice what I paid for it. Fit and finish were fine. There were reports of a number of them not having very good welds holding the stock closed, with broken welds turning them into unintentional SBR's.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I paid $299.99 for one back in 2013. I have never shot it, but it looks pretty cool on my display.

Build quality is solid.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got a stock from a parts kit for it but have a couple others in the SBR waiting list ahead of it. Welds are at the main hinge. A little Dremel work should do it...looks pretty straight forward. Fit and finish on mine is really nice as well. As long as the butt plate isn’t welded to the top cover, it should be fairly easy to SBR.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]
anybody got the 9mm version?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:25:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup, shoots fine as long as you’re using fmj ammo. Hollow points cause ftl/fte issues while smashing spent cases but the gun wasn’t designed for hollow points. The length of bolt travel allows you to use unmodified mags as well. The bullets move front to back a little bit tho.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:38:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup, shoots fine as long as you’re using fmj ammo. Hollow points cause ftl/fte issues while smashing spent cases but the gun wasn’t designed for hollow points. The length of bolt travel allows you to use unmodified mags as well. The bullets move front to back a little bit tho.
View Quote
I found a 9mm version.  I think I am going to get it
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#7]
They seem to be hit or miss since they're built on surplus parts.

I picked up the 9mm version a few months ago, used from my LGS who sold it cheap and told me what issues it was having.

Mine doesn't always eject spent cases, then they build up in the receiver til it stops.

Seems when the extractor is holding the case it's a pretty loose fit against the bolt face. Extractor looks OK based on pics of others I've seen. If I flip it on its side it runs 100%. When a case does clear the receiver it's a strong & consistent ejection so I think I'm close.

I did find it ran better with hot NATO spec 124 gr. MEN than the cheap stuff, and seems to like grease vs oil.

Still fiddling with mine, I've always wanted one but backed off when the 7.62x25 dried up. At least the 9mm is cheap to feed. For what I paid for mine I'll keep it as a wall hanger.

The mags mine came with were the 9mm version with spacers. Numrich had some 7.62x26 Tok mags in great shape for $13 not too long ago so I grabbed a few more. Haven't tried any 9mm in them yet.

At least these things are super simple to work on but if you're not inclined to fiddle with them I'd try something else.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I have alot of bulgarian ammo which is too hot for pistols. Works great in the pps.
I like mine but hard to shoot with no stock.
If you need to change to 9mm just push the roll pin out and but in a 9mm barrel.
Maybe change recoil spring since it will cycle and eject less reliably
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have alot of bulgarian ammo which is too hot for pistols. Works great in the pps.
I like mine but hard to shoot with no stock.
If you need to change to 9mm just push the roll pin out and but in a 9mm barrel.
Maybe change recoil spring since it will cycle and eject less reliably
View Quote
Wow its that easy?  I was thinking you would have to press the barrel in, like on an AK47...

Now I really want one...
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 2:18:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I SBR'd mine.

Mine was from the second wave of imports. I bought a parts kit  because they were cheap, and ended up needing stock parts to get mine working. I dont remember which parts they had neutered, but it was clear on mine that it was not simply a welded stock.

All that aside, its a cool, shootable piece of history, and I dig it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I SBR'd mine.
Mine was from the second wave of imports. I bought a parts kit  because they were cheap, and ended up needing stock parts to get mine working. I dont remember which parts they had neutered, but it was clear on mine that it was not simply a welded stock.
All that aside, its a cool, shootable piece of history, and I dig it.
View Quote
I think this is the route I will eventually take.  They all seam to be screaming SBR me...
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I like mine and plan on doing the NFA thing to sbr it this year. Mine is 7.62.x 25.

Link Posted: 5/23/2018 12:55:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like mine and plan on doing the NFA thing to sbr it this year. Mine is 7.62.x 25.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/cwm1150/pps43c.jpg
View Quote
Nice.  Please tell me you fire that thing from the hip with the sling over one shoulder...
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice.  Please tell me you fire that thing from the hip with the sling over one shoulder...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/cwm1150/pps43c.jpg
I have
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#15]
My 9mm is a POS. Can not make it through an entire magazine without a jam. Mostly FTE.

I tried 124 grain NATO ammo and it ran a bit better. But it also caused an out of battery detonation.

In retrospect,  problems are to be expected.  Converting as open bolt, blow back design to a closed bolt in another caliber is bound to have problems.  Especially  when blow back SMGs rely on the bolt being a specific weight for the caliber.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I was able to shoot mine over the weekend.  Had a few hiccups but mainly ran well.  I didn't bring enough ammo to test all my mags, but will do that next time.

One thing for sure.  Seemed accurate, very easy to bump fire, and it is very fun to shoot this thing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top