Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked POST YOUR FAL PICS! (Page 30 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Another example of ARS perfection.

Mark built an L1A1 for me and it was wonderful as well.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That's awesome
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

That's awesome
View Quote
Thanks

Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]

These are my two. Both Century guns, I had good luck with the top one. Bottom one still has some kinks to iron out, and needs an aperture for the rear sight; for some reason it was missing when I bought it and I have never got around to getting one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Brad at Gunthings has the sight slider, detent, and spring. The top one needs an SLR flash hider.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lew:
Brad at Gunthings has the sight slider, detent, and spring. The top one needs an SLR flash hider.
View Quote
Haha, believe me, I know. I'm planning on doing the top one up to the 9s, eventually. It has been a great rifle and deserves to be restored as well as possible.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Right on. Good luck on your quest. FAL Files Marketplace is also a treasure trove for parts.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Came with other stuff. Overall, a little under $1.1k, that's with rifle and the stuff I bought to make it correct.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#10]
My 1 MOA capable SPR FAL. True story.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#11]

DSA SA-58. STG58 16"
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:55:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aperdue] [#12]
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 1:29:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 10/23/2017 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#17]
The first two are the first FAL's I had. Sold them both, and I regretted selling the unpainted one, so I overcompensated by buying the DSA Para and building the other four within the last couple of years. Of the five, the one on the left is a Portuguese m962 clone, the rest are Rhodesian R1 clones.

Link Posted: 11/16/2017 11:53:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cartel-] [#18]
Originally Posted By EMSflyer:
Another example of ARS perfection.

Mark built an L1A1 for me and it was wonderful as well.
View Quote
Thank you for the kind remark!

Imbel parts kits built on consecutively seralized Imbel Gear Logo receivers.

Link Posted: 11/16/2017 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 4:31:39 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
That thing needs a 30 round mag painted to match. If yer going heavy, may as well commit fully.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 12:08:21 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Do you find the blowback/ejection excessive with the can on?

I modify gas plugs to help mitigate that.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 8:59:05 AM EDT
[#22]

That thing needs a 30 round mag painted to match. If yer going heavy, may as well commit fully.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have a Bren mag I will be converting for such a cause.

Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

Do you find the blowback/ejection excessive with the can on?

I modify gas plugs to help mitigate that.
On this one, no. It was built with suppression in mind, so it functions fully closed with no can and is just right at 6 (wont lock open reliably at 7).

BUT... I badly need one for my 16" Para
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Outstanding, eternal. Very cool rifle, and that paint job looks like absolute shit- just the way it should.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Here is the before picture and after pictures of my 1965 L1A1. I think I will remove the paint from the barrel since it is a very thin coat.

Link Posted: 11/18/2017 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Attachment Attached File

Our DSA built DSA/Imbel and one of the best running FALs I've ever owned.

Just mounted a Redfield Revolution 2-7 and hope to make it to the range
for an evaluation in a few days.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Attachment Attached File

So pumped, almost done. Waiting on the locking shoulder then hopefully soon take it out to stretch its legs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 5:48:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cone5] [#27]
Delete
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 5:50:15 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
How did you attach the sling here?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Cone5:
View All Quotes
South African sling swivel.  It's designed to mount through the vent holes in the bottom of the handguard.  It has a plate at the top contoured to the interior of the handguard bottom.  The shaft is riveted to it.  After the R1 had largely been phased out in favour of the R4, some R1s were turned into DMRs and the South Africans came up with this as a way to permit the DMs to use their slings as shooting aids without significantly altering POI.  I've only ever seen two, this one, and one presumably owned by Peter Wells from South Africa, and his picture of it is the only visual reference one can find on the Internet.  Someone on the FAL Files was selling it for $30.  I have no idea where he got it.

The T48's handguard-mounted swivel is constructed similarly, except that the swivel and shaft are riveted directly to the handguard, obviating the need for the plate.  H&R came up with something similar for triangular handguards that got support from a metal band which wrapped around the outside.  This one works fine on all vent holes on a set of SA handguards that I have on another rifle, but it required a bit of file work to fit where I have it on these IMBEL handguards.  Bipod-cut handguards also don't quite fit right and it definitely won't fit through the front hole at all.

I strongly prefer this method of mounting over the barrel mount for carrying, tactical sling use, and, of course, for slinging up to support the rifle.  I need to get a repro made so I can take it off and put it away given how rare it is.  A repro with a QD swivel cup at the bottom would be even better.

I'll post a picture of it by itself later.  In the meantime, my rifle got a bit dirty playing in the mud at Cola Warrior last month:

Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:17:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cone5] [#30]
Love it man, did some searching around looks like impact weapons components makes a qd that could install on FAL handguards. The only downfall would be the 1/2 inch hole needed to fit the qd but it fits flush and looks nice.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Love it man, did some searching around looks like impact weapons components makes a qd that could install on FAL handguards. The only downfall would be the 1/2 inch hole needed to fit the qd but it fits flush and looks nice.
View Quote
Yeah, that as something I was looking at or seeing if something like this could be fabricated based on the sole picture that existed of the thing on the Internet, and then I found this in the Marketplace.  Never seen one for sale before, and may never see one again.  I have no idea how it got here.  I'd love a version with a QD cup at the end instead of the swivel.

Anyhow, here are the pictures:

Link Posted: 5/17/2018 3:39:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cone5] [#32]
I found nothing like that anywhere that’s not a bad design though. It just threads together?
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I found nothing like that anywhere that’s not a bad design though. It just threads together?
View Quote
It's riveted, seems to me.  A shaft with caps at both ends going through the main piece and swivel. Maybe six parts in total for the assembly.

And you're not going to find anything like that.  I'm shocked I found this one and that no one snagged it before I had the funds in hand.  I literally had only seen the one presumably owned by Peter Wells of the South African Arms Collectors Association.  He's posted a single picture on the FAL Files and the now-defunct SAAACA site.  I've tried in vain to search for any other images of the swivel, or of the DMR R1s still in service fitted with it.  Can't find pictures of either.  No other info on it besides what Wells posted.  This is only the second one I've ever heard of in private hands, and the only one in the U.S., which is part of why I want a replica, so that I can put this one away as it's a collectible.

The only things similar are the H&R devices for their T-48 rifles, which are also very, very rare, and I'm not sure that any exist outside of the few H&R rifles or parts kits that are in private hands.  The more typical FN T-48 handguards made for that contract usually have something like this, and the assembly looks very similar, but with the plate replaced by the stock itself, which is a one-piece type.  Also rare and people want them for T-48 clones.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#34]
That’s pretty cool man thanks for the info
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

Yeah, that as something I was looking at or seeing if something like this could be fabricated based on the sole picture that existed of the thing on the Internet, and then I found this in the Marketplace.  Never seen one for sale before, and may never see one again.  I have no idea how it got here.  I'd love a version with a QD cup at the end instead of the swivel.

Anyhow, here are the pictures:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/971/42175442291_ff9b7f41cf_b.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/980/42175442321_aefe1fdf78_b.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/981/42175442351_519e789505_b.jpg
View Quote
Looks simple enough to fab up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Brosome:
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc458/brosome07/xgRlZwt_zpsihi2yzih.jpg

New 21" DSA Voyager
View Quote
Are those Pmags? Will .308 Pmags work in a FAL?  It would be nice to have an alternative source for FAL compatible mags.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:
Are those Pmags? Will .308 Pmags work in a FAL?  It would be nice to have an alternative source for FAL compatible mags.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brosome:
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc458/brosome07/xgRlZwt_zpsihi2yzih.jpg

New 21" DSA Voyager
@NavyDoc1

Those are Moses Mags: https://www.dsarms.com/p-15694-moses-machine-works-fal-magazine-20-round-black-fits-metric-inch-pattern.aspx
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Sweet!  Thanks! I'm off to spend more money!
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Sweet!  Thanks! I'm off to spend more money!
View Quote
Just make sure you don't try to buy directly from Moses unless you want you want your money stolen.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By tony_k:The gas system is modified to have both suppressed and unsuppressed settings as well as "off."
View Quote
Details on the gas system?

Oh and she purdy!
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#44]
All matching stg58 kit on a century receiver (not imbel or fmap) that actually runs, got it for a great deal and was hoping it wouldn’t need a re-build.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Springfield Armory SAR-48, built in Brazil by Imbel.

A pawn shop find in amazing condition considering it was imported
in the late 80's. Very low round count apparently with minimal internal wear.
It had to come home with me and I wasn't even shopping for an FAL.

The fit and finish on this Imbel built FAL is nicer than any FN built FAL
I've seen.

Shoots great too, such a beast !!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 3:54:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC88-93] [#46]
Had not shot it in close to a decade, it put a smile on my face.
STG-58CP FAL at CRC Sept 2018
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Current configuration:

Link Posted: 9/17/2018 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#48]

Current configuration:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/euygw9q8ftufq1z/falnf.jpg?raw=1
View Quote
What is going on with your barrel? I can't quite get my mind around it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

View Quote
What do you mean?

It's just a nekid muzzle mang!
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#50]
What do you mean?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

What do you mean?

It's probably it's just the light... but the last few inches look fluted and it looks like narrows at the tip.
Page / 32
Tacked POST YOUR FAL PICS! (Page 30 of 32)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top