Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2018 11:22:12 PM EDT
Alright, I started a thread as I'm looking to add an AR10-type rifle.  I'm good with the carbine-sized barrels (16-18"), and I do plan to suppress, so that's really making me reconsider direct-impingement designs.  While I wanted to keep the price range under $1500, I'm now strongly considering either the Ruger SR762 and now the POF Revolution.

The Revolution has been out over a year now.  I really like the design concept and have read nothing but great reviews.  There are some concerns about chamber strength given the AR15-sized dimensions.  While it doesn't have much in common with AR10s, it actually has commonality with some AR15 parts.  It's one of the lighter piston 308s on the market as well for the price range.  I'm just really curious if there are any users or owners here with their "unsponsored" feedback.  While I read a lot of good reports, most are canned reviews from a loner rifle or paid sponsor...I still view them objectively, but suspect some bias.  About the only bias you can't hide is reliability, and POF seems to do well in that category.

So, any POF owners, especially of the new Revolution?  Thoughts, comments?

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
They sound interesting, and if I could get a good deal on one I'd be willing to try one out.

Until then, I'd still personally pick the LMT MWS over it because of its track record and feature set.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 12:56:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They sound interesting, and if I could get a good deal on one I'd be willing to try one out.

Until then, I'd still personally pick the LMT MWS over it because of its track record and feature set.
View Quote
There's over a $1000 difference between the POF and MWS, although I would agree LMT is at the pinnacle.  The only downside is the MWS weighs about 9.9 pounds stripped verse the Revolution at 7.3 pounds.  I'm willing to stretch my budget for the POF only because it comes with some decent features that I would typically add to a user-rifle.  The Ruger SR762, slightly heavier, but is pretty much the best value-deal with BUIS and three mags. I just need to find out more about the POF Revolution and see if it's worth that extra $500-600 over the SR762.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like one some day, hope the price comes down in time. The tall rail bothers me, mostly because I don't think it's necessary. The piston sits well below the top of the rail.

Congrats to POF for doing something different.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would like one some day, hope the price comes down in time. The tall rail bothers me, mostly because I don't think it's necessary. The piston sits well below the top of the rail.

View Quote
The pic in the OP shows a Revolution with a standard height rail... I remember some talk about this variant a few months back but this is the first time I've seen one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The pic in the OP shows a Revolution with a standard height rail... I remember some talk about this variant a few months back but this is the first time I've seen one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to say, that's an old picture, not a new one. It's from Shot Show 2015, might even have been di back then, can't remember. But yeah, that proves my point that the tall POF rail that FD puts on everything isn't neccesary. It's not bad looking, just bulky, and must add unneccesary weight, too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sorry to say, that's an old picture, not a new one. It's from Shot Show 2015, might even have been di back then, can't remember. But yeah, that proves my point that the tall POF rail that FD puts on everything isn't neccesary. It's not bad looking, just bulky, and must add unneccesary weight, too.
View Quote
Yeah, I just noticed that.  Here's the POF 2017 model from their website.  It still looks pretty tall...

" />

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#7]
like mine alot

Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
like mine alot

https://i.imgur.com/tPbVR1a.jpg
View Quote
Nice! Did you have to add a magazine lock?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top