Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2021 3:54:57 PM EDT
Anyone have any issues running BX-25 Mags in theirs?  I can’t get mine to cycle one manually without a little push on the charging handle.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Rebel and use the Ruger mags. Cleaned and oiled after the break-in rounds and it is good to go. The Rebel does not like the GSG drums...
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I would take a hard look at the angle of the magazine and bullet tip height versus chamber opening.  

I found that using a little electric tape on the back of the mags made my BX 25 mags feed in all my rifles and pistols better.   Bullets tips were entering the chamber angled just a bit to low, it was enough to make feeding hard on some of the weapons.    The tape moved the magazines a bit forward tightening the fit and angled the tips up ever so slightly.   Took two of my 10/22's that were finicky and made the 100% reliable.

I place the tape on the back of the mags at the bottom of the box.    

It was so effective I took some car bondo and put it on the lower back of the box on the mags and hand sanded / fitted them to my pickiest 10/22.  They now all feed 100% including the plastic wonders we buy now.   The plastic components often have a looser fit than the metal / older 10/22's.  This causes a loose magazine fit causing more feeding issues.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#3]
how we like it in general? i love te concept of it ( like an ak vs the saiga sporterized style, or like an m1 vs sporterized saiga.  on a saiga, you can add PG, on an m1 etc your length of pull is still long as you have the grip just bolted on the backk of the gun....)

dont lke the price or the supposed extraction issues....
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I was looking at getting one a few months ago and the reviews seemed to be about 50% negative. Ended up with the 15-22 pistol that I can't find mags for but at least it runs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I was having issues only with extraction on mine. I switched to a KIDD 10/22 extractor and a Power Customs extra power extractor spring. Helped a bunch but the Rebel is extremely finicky with non high velocity or crappy ammo like Thundershit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 7:39:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been happy with mine, running almost exclusively CCI MiniMags.  I haven't had any issues yet with BX25 mags or the straighter Promag 9-22 mags I got a deal on.  
I am only a sample size of one and also concerned about the issues people have had.  I've only run about 500 rounds through mine so far with no real issues to report.  Once I add a suppressor (about 6 months into that wait), I wonder if that will change.

Conceptually, I love it.  Very compact and light, with a folding brace, it is a tiny package.  I did a little research and this seems to be a scaled down version of a 9mm gun they were going to build years ago, but never brought to market.  I hope that changes, and is made reliable.  A 9mm PCC set up like this gun running CZ Scorpion mags (cause PMags raining from the sky) would be incredible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top