Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2020 11:07:25 PM EDT
Finally got my POF SMGPK to the range.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The disclaimers about it being a field grade gun had me a little worried but I think it looks pretty good.
Check out the pictures and give me your opinions.
The only MP5 I’ve handled was probably 30 years ago at a gun show and I just remember thinking that it wasn’t worth the month’s pay that it would have cost.

The paint on my gun is exactly that, paint.
It seems to scratch easily but I’m not really concerned about that.
The welds, to me don’t look horrible but I have seen better.
The sights and cocking tube are straight, and those were the two areas I was worried about.
Overall, I’m very pleased with the quality of the gun based on the price.

It came with a POF 15 round mag which was a surprise as the picture on the Atlantic website shows a 30 round,
I ordered 4 additional 30rd POF mags and was glad I did as they showed “out of stock “ the day after I ordered.

When my gun arrived, I had 4 KCI mags.

When I finally got to the range, I was very pleased with how THE GUN performed.
I fired over 200 rounds of Win. NATO, Win. white box, Blazer Brass, Tula, and Rem. Mil. and L.E. ammo.
No gun or ammo related failures.
The 15rd POF mag was 100%.
The KCI mags were not so great.
The top round or two would feed so sluggishly that the gun would not fire.
If I loaded 28 rounds they fed fine.

I think I will pick up a couple of HK mags, but POF seem to be OOS for now.
(Not really interested in ETS at this time.)

I may smooth out the underside of the feed lips with sandpaper to see if that helps.

But, the gun?
Awesome!
Could not have asked for a better first trip.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps different clones prefer different mags but my PTR has been happy with KCIs...I'd give it a few hundred more rounds before changing magazines (unless you just want more, which I'd never argue against).

Enjoy it! The roller locks are a joy to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:05:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It came with a POF 15 round mag which was a surprise as the picture on the Atlantic website shows a 30 round,
I ordered 4 additional 30rd POF mags and was glad I did as they showed “out of stock “ the day after I ordered.

When my gun arrived, I had 4 KCI mags.
View Quote
I hope that Atlantic took care of you with their mistake and swapped out the KCI magazines for the POF you actually ordered?

Happy you like your POF. They are great guns and a lot of fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I will contact Atlantic on Monday.
I think the feed lips may be a little rough.

Could probably be fixed with sandpaper but for $35 per mag I think they should run.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I also picked up a POF MP5 but got the full size, now also want a K

Mine ran very well, it came with a POF marked mag and one not marked at all (likely KCI?) ran great except one casing ended up going back into the action - otherwise ran 249 out of 250 well.  Very smooth recoil impulse compared to my Scorpion EVO or Colt 9mm carbine clone.  I will get an extractor & spring kit to have on hand just in case they are needed.

I may have to sell other toys and find a K POF to pair with this.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:08:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got my POF to the range a few days ago as well.  When I picked it up from my FFL he said there wasn't a straight line on it! Lol.  But at 25 meters, which is max distance  at my indoor range, it cycled everything I fed it without a hiccup and ate one big ragged hole out of the center of the target.  I really wanted a full size MP-5 but the K gun was all I could find when I had the money to spend.  May still look around for big brother.  Very pleased with this acqusition.

Link Posted: 2/5/2020 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also picked up a POF MP5 but got the full size, now also want a K

Mine ran very well, it came with a POF marked mag and one not marked at all (likely KCI?) ran great except one casing ended up going back into the action - otherwise ran 249 out of 250 well.  Very smooth recoil impulse compared to my Scorpion EVO or Colt 9mm carbine clone.  I will get an extractor & spring kit to have on hand just in case they are needed.

I may have to sell other toys and find a K POF to pair with this.
View Quote
Ha!
I got the K, now I’m wanting a full size!

Now I know why they say MP5s get expensive.

I used some sandpaper and a Dremel polishing wheel on the feed lips of my KCI mags.
Now they will chamber the first round completely.

I hope to try it out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I enjoy my full size POF; shoots very smooth and well, though I've had a couple malfunctions, but I believe they were related to some underpowered ammo. I have a few KCI mags that run great, and a grey parkerized ATI mag or whatever that also runs well. Need to take it out one day and shoot it for groups, but I just always end up plinking with it...

Overall, I'm happy with it. It was $1300 for the gun, and I knew it wasn't gonna be as nice as a Zenith or H&K, but it's really not bad. I'm probably a grand deep in it after tax stamp, A3 stock, Navy SEF grip, etc...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top