Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2020 9:53:05 PM EDT
I found myself needing some Buckshot a few weeks ago, so I saw PMC for sale at SG AMMO.
They were selling 250 round cases of PMC, either #4 Buck or #OO for $129. plus $16 flat rate shipping.
I bought a case of the #4, and got out today and fired some through my Remington 1100. I had cut it down to 21" and had Bob Day of Americhoke re-thread it for Tru Lock chokes. I bought a Skeet #1 and Modified choke for now, will probably pick up a few more later on. I added a +3 Choate extension, and for a new bead it has a Meprolight white Tritium bead.

The PMC is listed "High Velocity", 1350 fps, and each round has 28 pellets that are .24 caliber. The buckshot is unplated and unbuffered.
I knew how another Spanish made buckshot round (Rio) spread out pretty fast, so I shot some silhouette targets at 25 yards.
With the Skeet #1, which is barely more than cylinder bore, it patterned well enough. I then thought I'd try the modified choke, and the pattern was a bit tighter.
The target shot with modified is the one on the left here:

I had a few boxes of the Rio I had bought locally, and I wanted to shoot it up. The Rio was pretty bad, at 25 yards 4 of the 9 #00 buck pellets hit the target, but were strung out vertically about 2 1/2 feet, the other 5 missed the target completely. The Rio #4 Buck was also pretty crappy, a good 1/3 of the pellets were outside the target.
I shot up the rest of the Rio, and it seems you'd have to be 15-20 yards from the target to get most of the pellets to hit.

I didn't bring enough cardboard or PMC ammo, but next time I'll shoot some at 35-40 yards, I imagine you'd still get a high percentage of pellets out to that range.
It's not gonna be Flite Control tight, but the PMC performed better than I though it would.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
PM sent to you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:13:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Never shot Rio before, but that seems pretty bad even for cheap blasters.

I've had pretty good luck with PMC shells, in buck and slug.

Sexy gun! Let me know if it needs to be rehomed!
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the report . If you get some of the PMC OO buck please do a report on it also .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top