Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2018 1:13:15 PM EDT
Any recommendations for something small and light? I was considering the Crimson Trace IR laser (had one and sold it long time ago) but they are discontinued. In any case, I'd like something as small, light and inexpensive if it exists. I have a Steiner OTAL IR but it is a little big for my Sig Rattler. In a pinch, I may go that way but looking for options. thanks.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Lasermax Unimax is supposed to be decent for the money if you want something simple and lightweight.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Can I suggest a CQBL?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The pistol dbal or cqbl on an ar tyoe  SBR work well. On an mp5k with no rail space the crimson trace works fine.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I've owned and used probably fifteen varieties of IR lasers including Crimson Trace, Laser Max, and most military type units (I have never used or owned an ATPIAL).  For a compact aiming laser, the Crimson Trace can't be beaten IMHO.  The only reason I still own my Laser Max Uni IR is because it I want the stackability on my FNX45 tactical so I can still have a light or IR illuminator.  I have a Crimson Trace IR laser on each gun I routinely use at night since there is basically no added weight, they hold zero, battery lasts a LONG time (in part due to auto shutoff feature), and the switch is well designed (as opposed to the Laser Max).  I can check to see if I have an extra one if you want, shoot me an email if so.  They pop up from time to time still.  Second choice would be a Uni IR but just take the battery out when not in use.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#7]
No need for light or illuminator, I have an Inforce inbound. Just need the IR laser.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I second the CQBL it's a compact little laser that takes up little real estate. Slaved IR to visible laser for ease in zeroing. Has a pressure switch adapter or the the "fire" button for your choice of activation. Nice bright laser without a lot of "bloom" on target. I have mine on my Sig MPX.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#9]
The only ir units i use are the small single or laser units from holosun. Very small and light and i got mine for 250 i think. Very happy with them so far, have one mounted on my ar pistol and the other on my scar 17.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 11:40:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No need for light or illuminator, I have an Inforce inbound. Just need the IR laser.
View Quote
CQBL
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 1:10:15 AM EDT
[#11]
It was created with PDW work specifically in mind, it's made for it
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The only ir units i use are the small single or laser units from holosun. Very small and light and i got mine for 250 i think. Very happy with them so far, have one mounted on my ar pistol and the other on my scar 17.
View Quote
Which unit was that? I cant seem to find any Holosun laser that's set up like a DBAL (big or small) that's under roughly $500.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top