Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2021 3:00:39 PM EDT
What is a good compressor for pcp guns as well as scuba. Trying to stay away from made in China stuff.

Thanks

Thurman
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a Mako brand compressor to fill all of my breathing air bottles (SCBA and SCUBA). We have special filters we run and send out air samples ever three months. It is an expensive system coating around $50,000 when it was new.

I should ask mention there are some great deals on used breathing air compressors. Lots for sale in the $4,000 to $20,000 price range.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
You're going to have to reverse your criteria.  You'll have to find a compressor for SCUBA that has the pressure for PCP because SCUBA requires breathable air whereas airguns do not.  That's a big difference when constructing the compressors I would think.  Things like particles of oil, dust, mold, etc. have to be filtered out before entering the tank.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Alkin W31

I bought the vertical 3-4 months ago. Excellent reviews, runs all day and built well. Not that far from you either, lucky bastard, lol...

(Edit - I'm at the bottom of the coast line.)
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Alkin W31

I bought the vertical 3-4 months ago. Excellent reviews, runs all day and built well. Not that far from you either, lucky bastard, lol...

(Edit - I'm at the bottom of the coast line.)
View Quote

Cost? I don't want to go through the request a quote process on their website
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cost? I don't want to go through the request a quote process on their website
View Quote

Around $3,200 (plus shipping.) Don't get suckered with most online prices - some are ridiculously priced. I would probably just buy direct from Alkin. I bought mine through a PCP dealer I like to keep in business, and had it drop shipped from NJ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top