User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So a friend of mine made me some retention lanyards that allows me to hook up my COTI to my RNVGs:

Seems to work well for my needs, as I pull the COTI on and off a bit to fiddle with my focus caps and to reduce the glare from urban lighting; I know some folks just use their Wilcox lanyard that they've put on their NODs, by running the wire through the battery cap loop, but I'm using the Ops-Core MBS's built-in bungees, and there's no way that thing'll stretch far enough to get the COTI. I've been using the bungee version, since it provides that slight bit of extra stability on the COTI and keeps the overlay a bit more synced during movement, haven't messed with the wire version much. I know a lot of the military folks rely on the battery pack for the E-COTI as a form of retention, but that's not as big an option here on the civilian side (I would love to get a pack and cable that I could split between my RNVGs and COTI, given how short the run time is on the COTI).
View Quote

I have a gpnvg18 pack and coti splitter cable in the EE.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You'll need a new adapter and they're over 3 bills. We may have some available. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
View Quote

Thanks, but for that price I’ll be the guy with a zip tie attaching my $3k Coti to my $10k 31a.

Besides, the 14 mount for the Coti sucked and my Coti fell off my 14 more than once in the field.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/Pas-29-COTI-Clip-On-Thermal-Imager-Remote-Battery-Pack-and-cable/172-2004019/

I have the AA battery packs in the EE ^
I’m assuming you could splice the plug off mine and solder/heat shrink it to a different battery pack but I havent tried that.

https://nvincorporated.com/product/coti-31-5032-remote-battery-cable/

Splitter cable ^

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@KPog

Link for charging cable/external battery pack, por favor?

Gratzi

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/Pas-29-COTI-Clip-On-Thermal-Imager-Remote-Battery-Pack-and-cable/172-2004019/

I have the AA battery packs in the EE ^
I’m assuming you could splice the plug off mine and solder/heat shrink it to a different battery pack but I havent tried that.

https://nvincorporated.com/product/coti-31-5032-remote-battery-cable/

Splitter cable ^

You still have a way for me to power a COTI?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, I've had brand new batteries pretty much immediately give the low battery indicator in cold weather, but they still lasted over an hour even with the low battery indicator constantly on, and would fire right up again with the same battery if it was allowed to warm up for a while.

No idea what Optics 1's response would be or what level of support they're offering to customers of these units, but while I don't recall exact temperatures and the battery life is definitely reduced a good bit in cold weather, I don't know what Optics 1 would consider "normal," but 20-30 minutes is shorter than my experience, even with the low battery indicator staying on constantly.

Beyond that, not sure if a slip-over insulated boot might help or what?

IIRC the ECOTI has improved electronics that give it slightly better battery life overall and improved cold weather performance.

~Augee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He mentioned climate. I've definitely seen brand new CR123s flash low battery within 5-10min in the COTI when it was below freezing. The external battery pack solved that issue for me.

Yeah, I've had brand new batteries pretty much immediately give the low battery indicator in cold weather, but they still lasted over an hour even with the low battery indicator constantly on, and would fire right up again with the same battery if it was allowed to warm up for a while.

No idea what Optics 1's response would be or what level of support they're offering to customers of these units, but while I don't recall exact temperatures and the battery life is definitely reduced a good bit in cold weather, I don't know what Optics 1 would consider "normal," but 20-30 minutes is shorter than my experience, even with the low battery indicator staying on constantly.

Beyond that, not sure if a slip-over insulated boot might help or what?

IIRC the ECOTI has improved electronics that give it slightly better battery life overall and improved cold weather performance.

~Augee

Just to follow up for everybody's info: I reached out to optics 1 since all the reactions to my run times indicated there was a problem.

I mentioned some other potential detection issues to them as well. I didn't know if there was a detection problem or not but figured it was worth relaying the info since I'm pretty ignorant on thermal and things seemed off.

Anyway, my coti arrived back to them late last week. I got an email yesterday that a low light sensor was stuck on and was causing battery and image issues. It's been fixed and tested against known good units. It was shipped back to me yesterday.

I'm quite happy with the service they provided. Everything was done under warranty and was quite timely with good comms.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 1:25:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just to follow up for everybody's info: I reached out to optics 1 since all the reactions to my run times indicated there was a problem.

I mentioned some other potential detection issues to them as well. I didn't know if there was a detection problem or not but figured it was worth relaying the info since I'm pretty ignorant on thermal and things seemed off.

Anyway, my coti arrived back to them late last week. I got an email yesterday that a low light sensor was stuck on and was causing battery and image issues. It's been fixed and tested against known good units. It was shipped back to me yesterday.

I'm quite happy with the service they provided. Everything was done under warranty and was quite timely with good comms.
View Quote

That's great news. All of us have July 2021 stickers on ours so it's good to know we have a time frame to flush out legit problems.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Just posted a coti battery pack in the EE if someone needs one
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up an extra bracket from IG, but my luck it's for 31s and not 14 glass. If anyone needs send me a message(or wants to trade ideally but not holding my breath for).
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Picked up an extra bracket from IG, but my luck it's for 31s and not 14 glass. If anyone needs send me a message(or wants to trade ideally but not holding my breath for).
View Quote

IM sent.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:31:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

IM sent.
View Quote
Replied
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Now on sale for $2500.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 6:01:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Here's the direct link, since my browser wouldn't open whatever 'Avantlink' is:

https://www.eurooptic.com/Vectronix-COTI-Clip-On-Thermal-Monocular-Basic-Equipment-Kit-12712-3610-07.aspx
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Disregard
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Those just dropped and are posted on a couple sites.  If you want to get one from a site sponsor we have them.
View Quote

Do you still have these?
I see them as out of stock on your site?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not in a long long time no.
View Quote

Thanks.

I fent with the EO link...dangit.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Did they just increase the price on these? I thought they were $2500 a month ago. Now it’s showing $2800
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Did they just increase the price on these? I thought they were $2500 a month ago. Now it’s showing $2800
View Quote

Looks like they did.  Eurooptic ran a couple of specials, one with the low price and one with the eyepiece adapter included.  This is the last month for warranty support for both of mine - glad they haven't needed it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:26:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#20]
God damn it. Now to see how well this will work with my Nocturn Industries  Katana
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Looking at pulling the trigger on one of these. Does anyone have knowledge or contacts of how to get 100% from the firmware???
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Your best bet is if you know any .mil guys or maybe night time hog hunters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking at pulling the trigger on one of these. Does anyone have knowledge or contacts of how to get 100% from the firmware???

Your best bet is if you know any .mil guys or maybe night time hog hunters.

We can get nerds to hack vehicle ecu's , computers ect and tune their performance.... But when it comes to this "simple" little device's firmware it's hush hush.  If anyone out there knows how or is willing to figure it out...I'm sure there is money to be made.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#25]
YessssssAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Mine came in and I'm satisfied so far

My Dad bought one as well but his mounting bracket is plastic and is missing a screw lol. He's pissed....anybody else get dealt with a plastic mounting bracket???

He got his through Euro optic and will be contacting them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone know the name of the two prong plug in on the cord for this coti?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#30]
That's an very informational brochure but is there one for the coti and not the Ecoti?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

oops

Not that I saw on their website
View Quote
No worries
I'm just trying to find even the end piece and make my own battery pack or something.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There's not, unfortunately--consider (e.g.,) the cost of the DICC/DICC-TSC for the DTNVG/DTNVS, and compare the cost of the PBM-A to the NPBM. I also don't love on-board battery delete solutions, but that's more personal than anything.

FWIW, back when I was one of the only weirdos running a COTI on a regular basis and then the ECOTI, even when I had the Y-cables, etc., I rarely if ever found a need for external power.

Battery life is admittedly not great, but IMHO, I found the much more effective technique was to simply use the thermal periodically, rather than leaving it on full-time.

Also, while clearancing of NOS Legacy COTIs and their accessories have driven costs down significantly, when new/in production, the accessories are/were extremely expensive.

The ECOTI GPS Battery Pack runs about $2,800 and change, not including the cable assembly, which is $300+.

At one point in time we even looked into sourcing the connectors alone to develop our own power solutions around, and were quoted $200-$300 per connector (essentially the cost of the cable and snipping off the connectors).

The commercial reality of the legacy COTIs currently on the market is that people are buying them because they're (for thermal/fusion capabilities, at least) cheap. By the time you developed, tested, and fielded purpose-built accessories, a) the existing stock of COTIs would probably have run out, and b) you'd more than likely never be able to amortize and recover your costs, much less turn a profit.

~Augee
View Quote

Do you mind sharing the connector information for people who may want to build it themselves? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 12:37:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks, that's what I was worrying about, too bad they felt the need to make a proprietary connector.

Heck even the battery cap threading is special, some sort of double-start 5 TPI ACME thread...
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What goggle is that?
View Quote

Nocturn Industries Katana

I got the variant with the LEMO port. Sent in my heavy ass BNVD-51's and they were able to pull the guts and install them in the new frame. The new goggles are ridiculously light and handy. Think of them as a PVS-31's. They are bare bones goggles with no onboard illumination.

https://nocturnindustries.com/shop/p/uanvbkatana
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/03/26/nocturn-industries-uanvb/
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nocturn Industries Katana

I got the variant with the LEMO port. Sent in my heavy ass BNVD-51's and they were able to pull the guts and install them in the new frame. The new goggles are ridiculously light and handy. Think of them as a PVS-31's. They are bare bones goggles with no onboard illumination.

https://nocturnindustries.com/shop/p/uanvbkatana
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/03/26/nocturn-industries-uanvb/
View Quote

Badass. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Posted a coti in the ee for anyone looking for one
Page / 19
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top