Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 8/10/2019 1:44:59 PM EDT
Two questions.

First, is it legal to carry a knife on you in a conceal carry fashion in PA?

Second, depending on the answer for the first question, what knives would be legal to actually carry in a conceal carry fashion.

At this point, I know daggers, switch-blades, gravity knives, and sword canes are illegal.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The only knives banned from carry under state law are daggers and switchblades. Open or concealed doesn't matter for everything else.

There is an exemption when "possessed or dealt with the weapon solely as a curio or in a dramatic performance", so switchblades and daggers are not entirely banned and legal to possess under certain circumstances. It's not unusual to see switchblades for sale here.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only knives banned from carry under state law are daggers and switchblades. Open or concealed doesn't matter for everything else.

There is an exemption when "possessed or dealt with the weapon solely as a curio or in a dramatic performance", so switchblades and daggers are not entirely banned and legal to possess under certain circumstances. It's not unusual to see switchblades for sale here.
View Quote
So, I guess its a good thing I didnt try to find a folding knife with a dagger style blade.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So, I guess its a good thing I didnt try to find a folding knife with a dagger style blade.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a folding knife with a "dagger style" blade usually they are only sharpened on one side, otherwise it would be difficult to close it without cutting yourself. While it resembles one it's technically not really a dagger.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Does PA allow cities to have more restrictive knife laws? Some states allow this.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does PA allow cities to have more restrictive knife laws? Some states allow this.
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Watch carrying a knife in Filthiadelphia... There is an ordinance against carrying a knife in the City unless it is related to a trade or occupation. I'm not sure what other municipalities have similar restrictions. Most smaller cities I have lived in or around simply go by the state law related to knives.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Okay, another two questions,

is this knife legal in PA? And is it a good knife?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Okay, another two questions,

is this knife legal in PA? And is it a good knife?
View Quote
Yes it's legal. As long as it doesn't have an automatic deployment. Sorry can't tell ya if it's good or not.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top