Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2020 2:49:14 PM EDT
I picked up some of these. Has anyone here tried them? I read on another forum they are a little tricky to load for as they are the volume of a 147 but need more powder given their weight.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102274048?pid=582761
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#1]
sorta too light for 9mm
sorta too heavy for 380ACP
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRba48Qxg7E

They were in stock, cheap as standard bullets, and they legit expand.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a thousand of them, will get the tomorrow. I plan to start them at minimum load data for a 115 grain bullet and go from there.

Just bought a chronograph so that will come in handy, it won’t be till mid September till I load and shoot them.

I’ll go ahead and sub to this and post my data when I finally get to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I loaded them with a starting charge of BE-86 for 115 gr. bullets @ 1.125" COAL.

They do 1230 FPS from a G34 and shoot about 1"-1.5" at 25 yards.

I can honestly say that at $90, they were probably the best deal I've ever gotten on handgun bullets. Super accurate, feed in everything, and reliably expand although penetration is limited by the weight.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I picked up 4k (before the recent discount ) and am thinking of loading them with Titegroup due to the case capacity constraints. Should get them up to the published 1200 fps velocity at normal pressures this way and they'll make a nice plinking/SD load in a pinch.

Look at some of the ballistic gel videos on expansion of these. If you push them too fast they fragment ineffectively. 1200 fps seems to work though. Not as well as a Gold Dot or HST, but for the price they're a great multi-purpose round (summer/warm climate SD only, wouldn't trust these to go thru jackets or other barriers worth a damn).
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Tagging this, as it sounds like a good round for my early Sig P6 (not profiled for hollow point rounds).
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I was finally able to get out to the range and tested the following load out of a Gen 5 Glock 19 with the factory barrel.

4.3 gr if Titegroup with the 105 gr EFMJ am COAL pd 1.090 the FPS was on avg 1220.

Please be cautious with any and all loading data, I recommend starting at 4 grains of Titegroup and work your way up (that’s what I did) my FPS at 4 grains was in the 1100 range, with no over pressure signs. With 4.3 grains I started to get flattened primers, but that’s it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top