Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2022 1:44:10 PM EDT
Currently have a nest camera system at a pavilion. There are 4 cameras and they are slowly kicking the bucket.

There is a cable line and power at the pavilion with a cable/internet router.
The modem and router are in a lockbox up in the top of the rafters.

Will a NVR work in a dry outdoor location? This is down by a lake. Sever winds off the lake during storms, below freezing and somtime.below zero Temps. Summer time it can be hot as hell as well.

Will the recorder survive or should I just keep using nest cameras.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I am subcontracted by a security camera contractor. We do a lot of municipality work. These systems don’t use an NVR but run off a Mac Mini. They are subject to temps from 0-100. The Macs usually run for years but we do replace a lot of switches and POE injectors. I know I didn’t really answer your question but there are systems than will work outdoor. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top