Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2018 9:38:33 AM EDT
Just as the subject line says, I'd like to get a PCC that I can slap a brace on that doesn't have an external safety. If there was a Scorpion with no safety that'd be ideal. I'm thinking about just putting a RONI on one of my G19's and calling it a day.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The trigger guard on the Roni looks and feels flimsy. Haven’t shot mine yet though so no comment on the Roni.

Safety on my scorpion always stayed on fire except at the range. It’s hard to accidentally move it with the stock levers anyways. Now it has a rh ak style lever and actually gets used, have to move it to fire to even get your finger on the trigger if you’re right handed.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Handled one of these at the last gun show. Pretty slick
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
B&T USW A1 has no external safety, it has a decocker. I have the A1, its hammer fired but there is a striker fired model out as well, I'm fairly certain it doesn't have an external safety as well. I also have the B&T Kh9, it's striker fired and has no external safety, but it does have a de-cocker. I love the Gear Head Works/B&T  Telescopic Brace.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an SBR Glock 34. Use a endo stock adapter and Magpul CTR. Striker fired, no external safety, and no Roni.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is it called?
View Quote
https://firecontrolunit.com/product/exo-one-320-grip-module/
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a SITES Specter that was real weird.
Cant remember what it was, other than double action.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm genuinely curious on why you don't want an external safety.

With handguns it's because a holster that covers the trigger IS a forget of positive manual safety. With a rifle, there's nothing to stop environmentally induced accidental discharges.

Short of removing a safety from another carbine, I don't see any reputable companies taking on the liability of offering a long gun without an external manual safety.
View Quote
I have a lady friend who's been brainwashed into believing that she's too feeble minded to use a modern firearm that has a magazine and a safety, slidelock, etc. She's been told the old line about, "Just get a nice .38 little lady, that's all you're going to need..." yada yada. She has a BS in accounting, has passed all of her CPA exams and can knit and sew and all that other stuff, but she is afraid she lacks the mental acuity and manual dexterity required to run a gun. If only she knew how stupid Marines are, right?

I kid, my crayon eating friends, I kid.

So, I was looking for something for her for home defense that would be better than just a handgun but not as unwieldy as a carbine. A braced Scorpion seemed like a good starting point for the exploration, but oh my gosh, it has a safety. I think maybe a G17 or a G19 in a RONI with a red dot and a drum might be an option, since as we all know Glocks NEVER EVER EVER JAM, and with a drum she could just shoot at bad guys until she either got bored or the cops showed up.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like she needs some instruction and  range time behind any setup. That more than anything will help her self confidence.  I don't know if a "Roni with a drum" is the answer in this particular situation. Just my opinion.
I have a gun safe full of tactical style weapons and my wife was scared to death to touch any of it until, over the course of a few range trips she learned how to use automatic pistols i.e. insert loaded magazines, chamber a round, aim etc..etc..She's no GI Jane but she knows how to operate one safely in my absence, should the need arise.
For adults who've never been introduced to proper gun safety and instruction, guns are intimidating, but so are chain saws until you've been shown how to properly use one. Just my .02 YMMV
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I have g32 in a Roni stab, the safety is solid with a positive engagement.
And it’s featherweight compared to my braced Evo.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#12]
The Uzi, while having a safety which most people leave off, is striker fired on the semi-auto models.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Just bought a Roni for my 17. Got it for one reason....

Cost. I am not shelling out A grand or more for a carbine that shoots a pistol cartridge.. just me.

I wanted a fun little toy I could play with. I think this will fit the bill nicely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top