Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2022 9:47:05 AM EDT
I’m building a Cetme C and trying to figure an optic. I like the reticule/simpleness of the PA SLx 5x w/ aurora reticule, but could also see the benefits of having a 1-6x LPVO on it as well. Shooting out to about 300 yds or so.

Side note, I may or may not start a thread when I start this build. Seems to not be a ton of info out on how to build them and hopefully I learn some stuff/tips I can pass on.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the weight savings  of a fixed  optic.  however for the battle  rifle role,  I would either recommend a LPVO.
or if you do go fixed, consider  adding a offset / piggyback  RMR
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the eotech Vudu 1-6ffp

At 1 power it's the standard eotech reticle and above that becomes a nice BDC reticle.

Link Posted: 3/28/2022 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're able to step up to the GLx series of PA optics I think you'll be very happy. The new GLx 1-6 is a significant improvement from the previous version and the SLx models.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd go with a Vortex LPVO.

Primary's warranty sucks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I have settled on the simplicity side of this topic.  Many good reasons for something more complex, no doubt.

The SIG Bravo 5 is what I ended up with and have found that to be ideal.  Heavy for sure, but rugged and I like the reticle.  Being lit is nice, but honestly I don't use the light much, the glass quality is great and provides plenty of light for me. I do 90% of my shooting in the woods.  Lots of shade.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#7]
A heavy LPVO on a heavy rifle,......pass.  

My choice would be one of the PA GLX 3X prisms that just came out. If 300 yards is your intended engagement distance, a 6X LPVO won't make a huge difference on man sized targets at that range.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would prefer a LPVO that is illuminated.

I also rarely us the illumination, but there might come a time I wish I had it.

Better to have it available, than not.
View Quote

Ain't using it at 1x like a dot?
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 12:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]
1-6 SFP is my favorite optic.

Delta Stryker is my go to. Crazy good optic for the price. The Kahles k16i if you want to step up a notch.

Those are two of the lightest LPVOs on the market. Pair with a good lightweight mount to keep the weight off.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 11:37:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a vortex gen ii spitfire in both 3x and 5x.  My favorite budget prism optics by far.  I had gen ii and gen III primary arms prisms in 3x and 5x.  I have a 5x with the aurora reticle.  The vortex has brighter clearer glass by far, they are super light weight, and the illumination is better than primary arms prisms.  I shoot steel out to 500 yards with 5.56 with them.  That distance is pretty much the limit for the ammo I am using.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is the 5x gen ii spitfire.  I forgot to also mention I prefer the reticle over a chevron reticle as well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top