Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2022 11:20:06 AM EDT
I'm looking to put a decent rimfire scope on a CZ 455 that has irons without having to move the irons or get super high rings.

I've kicked around the idea of just going to a LVPO type optic in lieu of a traditional larger objective, too.

Has anyone added a scope that either clears the irons or is short enough not to contact them? I suppose this would be applicable (generally) to the 452 and 457 too. I don't want to use the irons as a backup or anything, just don't want to take them off.

I wouldn't shoot past 100 yards (probably) and most shooting would be 25-50. I'm not really interested in a 1x red dot for now, but I could be swayed. Really I'm looking to milk some accuracy out of it and I've already got a 22 with a red dot on it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged for info as well.

I have a 455 full Stock that is a great shooter with irons, but I have been thinking of putting an optic on it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:19:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I put a Weaver Classic 3-9x32 A/O in CZ rings and it just cleared the rear sight.
CZ rings #19001
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Just as an update to this, one other consideration that I haven't ever really had to worry about before is the rear objective and variable magnification ring.

I ordered a scope (newer Burris) that should have worked lengthwise, but it was so wide in the back compared to the skinny CZ mounting surface/action that the bolt handle contacted the rear mag adjustment.

I have a Leupold 1.5-4x20 on the way which should be about the smallest quality production variable scope out there and I can report back. It has no bell so length shouldn't be a problem, but the diameter in the back is the new problem to solve.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just as an update to this, one other consideration that I haven't ever really had to worry about before is the rear objective and variable magnification ring.

I ordered a scope (newer Burris) that should have worked lengthwise, but it was so wide in the back compared to the skinny CZ mounting surface/action that the bolt handle contacted the rear mag adjustment.

I have a Leupold 1.5-4x20 on the way which should be about the smallest quality production variable scope out there and I can report back. It has no bell so length shouldn't be a problem, but the diameter in the back is the new problem to solve.
View Quote

Next higher rings, higher mount (ie, use a dovetail -> weaver/pic adapter), or recontour/bend the bolt handle.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Alrighty, so, I have a VX Freedom 1.5-4x20 coming tomorrow, but I got impatient because I want to shoot tomorrow and put my VX-3 1.5-5x20 on it. It works perfectly. I'll hit the range tomorrow to confirm.

Tomorrow when the VX Freedom arrives it'll go on a 375 H&H that this VX-3 came off of. We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Pictures of the clearances with the bolt and irons?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tagged for info as well.

I have a 455 full Stock that is a great shooter with irons, but I have been thinking of putting an optic on it.
View Quote
I have a discontinued Nikon ProStaff Rimfire on my FS
As you can see the scope juuuuussssst clears the sight.
Mounted on a DIP rail and quick release rings.
Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top