Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2019 7:26:27 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

I was thinking something in the 1-4X zone since it will most likely not be shot much beyond 100-150 yds.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/38430/3E7259EC-DC55-4742-BC42-FE666AEAA520_jpeg-1004352.JPG

I was thinking something in the 1-4X zone since it will most likely not be shot much beyond 100-150 yds.
View Quote
Illuminated (full reticle or center dot) or not?  There are options for both, but it's a big question to ask first.  Without it, there are many more lightweight options out there.  However, illumination was not something that I was willing to forgo, which has made things a bit tougher.

Another question would be: rear-mounted or scout-mounted?

Edit: this mount appears to be pretty popular for rear-mounted 1" tube scopes and it's on sale in silver/medium for $30.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I am thinking Vortex Strike Eagle with illumination.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I wanted old school, so I found a Burris Fixed 4x power.  I think the irons are way more fun, but anything past 50 yards the optic shines.

I used a low mount Picatinny rail and low rings of some sort.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought the Strike Eagle today
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 1:35:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I was going to suggest something as small and light as possible. with as small a rear ocular bell as possible. I have a leupold fxii 2.5x20 on my suppressed marlin, and a burris timberline 2-7x26 on the 30/30. You will want to mount the scope as low as possible because the stock really has too much drop in the comb to run optics well (kind of like the m1a) Complicating things is the hammer. you will want the spur unless you can get away with mounting the scope forward of the hammer. It just so happened for me that the long eye relief of the fxii was enough to get the scope forward of the hammer.

I have a leupold 1-4x20 vx freedom on an sbr upper for my AR, and a primary arms 1-6x30 illuminated on another. The primary arms is significantly larger and heavier than the leupold. You might find the extra 8oz and 1.25" length of the strike eagle is too much for that little carbine. I don't actually like leupold scopes much, at least the low end stuff I can afford, but they sure are nice and small for my carbines.....

for what it's worth, I'm using the leupold vertical split rings and a warne base on my scoped marlins. the warne bases sit about 1/8" lower than the competition, and the vertical splits seem sleeker to me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

I have not not tried this combo out on the range yet but so far I am quite happy!
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#7]
While I think mine is bare at the moment, I had a Burris MTAC 1.5-6 on it.  I moved that scope to a 45-70 but had issues with the peep hitting the scope...  So put a Leupold Hog on it.  I really like the hogs - I think they are under 10oz.  Of course if coin does not matter, it would look great with a Trigicon ACOG.

In all fairness, I am on this board looking for bullets that the Marlin might like.  So far the accuracy has been pretty bad - 50 yards would be stretching it.  In a perfect world, I would have a thermal and an IR laser on it.  Have not figured out a good laser mount though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top