Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2020 7:07:10 PM EDT
Hey looking for advice from you guys.

My head measures 22 and 3/4".  Ops core sizing chart has me in a size large...but:

- I currently have an ops core bump in the old sizing in a L/XL which fits great, and it has enough room that I can wear a pair of comtac iiis under the helmet (after adjusting the pads of course).

- I also have a MSA ACH size large with the ops core occ dial upgrade in large.... it fits but i am ALL the way out on the chinstrap adjustments and almost all the way put on the dial...and thats using the thinner pads and none on the side, with comtacs underneath its very tight and not great for wearing more then a short time.

- Also I live in Ohio... so several months out of the year it is nice to wear an extra layer on the head due to cold.

All this makes me think I need to size up to the extra large.... guys with experiance with the newer ops core sizing, what say you?

edit:
found this on TNVC
Ops-Core Sizing Guide:
S/M (Old) = Medium
M/L (Old) = Large
L/XL (Old) = X-Large

makes me again think XL.

Anyone know if you order from ops core direct and it doesnt fit, are you able to swap out for a differnt size?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Augee.

What was really confusing me is...the sticker in my L/XL fast bump helmet even says "fits 56-59cm" which converts to 22-23 1/8 inches... which corresponds to what they now call a size large.... that is what was tripping me up and making me second guess myself...also prob what tripped a lot of people up as you said

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top