Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2021 12:10:56 AM EDT
I ordered the aforementioned helmet in carbon composite and I have 3M Peltor ComTac V single comms. I've got 16 weeks to kill while I wait for the helmet to be built and shipped. In the meantime, I am curious about the additional space created for ear pro due to the higher cut of the helmet.

1. One option is to remove padding from the recessed area inside the helmet and run your headband mounted ear pro under the helmet. Can anyone comment on whether this is actually comfortable? Seems like it would create hotspots by putting pressure on the headband. Please chime in with your experience.

2. A second option--which I'm leaning towards--is to get the 3M Arc rail adapters or Unity Mark 2.0 adapters. Again, please chime in with any hands-on experience you have with either adapter set and Peltor ComTacs or similar. I'm curious about where it positions the ear cup in relation to your ear. From photos, it appears that there is enough space to run your ear pro cups at the height you normally would. Note: I do not plan to spring for the AXL adapters/Ops-Core AMP helmet rail mount adapter combo, so I'm only looking for input on the 3M or Unity adapters.

Thanks

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the Ops-Core AMP arms and AXL adapters. They are far superior to the 3M Peltor ARC adapters.

Forced to chose between 3M Peltor ARC adaptors and running the earpro under the helmet, I chose running under the helmet. I never experienced hot spots. The only annoying thing was weaving the earcups through the chin strap.

Basically, the 3M Peltor ARC adapters don't provide enough tension and they pop out far too easily.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely is cool. It looks like your helmet is the high cut and not the super high cut, correct? Do your ear cups sit where you want them (i.e. would normally run them if just wearing them on the original headband)?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:25:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Super high cut. The cups fit better than with the headband because they are able to rotate while pressed to your ears. Instead of moving (rotating) a headband to get a perfect fit (and thus causing a hotspot), you just rotate the earcups independent of the AMP Arms.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Great to know. Thanks buddy!
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#5]
This thread has me wondering if Peltor Comtac ear pro will work with the Ops Core FAST bump helmet?  Since it isn’t high cut, is there ample room to use ear pro mounted with the Ops Core Amp arms?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread has me wondering if Peltor Comtac ear pro will work with the Ops Core FAST bump helmet?  Since it isn’t high cut, is there ample room to use ear pro mounted with the Ops Core Amp arms?
View Quote

I have this combo (with the 3M ARC mounts). They sit a little low on me, but useable. Probably dependent on head shape and size.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Super high cut carbon Ops-Core you ordered, and even with the super high cut, there's not much room between the "lip" of the helmet and the top of my AMPs on their own proprietary arms when I'm wearing them.

Due to that, I imagine it wouldn't be comfortable at all if they were on a headband, but the new 2.0 MARK might help. I didn't have any luck with the MARKs and Peltors on mine. But maybe my head is just shaped weird.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ll let you play with mine. See the group chat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top