Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2018 11:40:49 AM EDT
One is BNIB and never fired. The other has no box but is about a mint as one could be that’s sat in a safe for about 20 years. May pick up both if the price is right.

Can someone give me some insight on each of their value in today’s market?

Mods, my apologize if this isn’t the place to ask for a price check. I can delete if necessary. Thanks.

*UPDATE*

Just got a call and these are still for sale. The owner wants them gone and she just dropped the price to $1300 for both, so $650 each. I think we are at the price that I need to consider picking up both of them and flipping one once the paperwork is done. Any opinions from folks in the know would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#1]
What brand and model.  Parts kits or NFA registered?  Barrels cut to 12 inches or left at 16.  12 gauge or 410?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#2]
nvm
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What brand and model.  Parts kits or NFA registered?  Barrels cut to 12 inches or left at 16.  12 gauge or 410?
View Quote
They’re NFA registered. I’ll report back later today with answers to the rest when I see them in person.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just took a look at them. Both 12 gauge and barrels are 16”. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been watching them regularly on GunBroker. The only ones I've seen have been $800-$1000. Anything higher and they sit. Even parts kit go for over $500 many times.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:14:36 AM EDT
[#7]
A regular SWD manufactured StreetSweeper (LNIB) isnt much more than a $1000 gun and they take some time to move at that level or more.

A good deal for one in my mind would be in the $800 range. (especially if you are buying two of them)

The Sentinel Arms Striker-12s are worth a bit more and $900 to $1000 is a good price for the standard 18" version as they seem to sit at $1200 or more unless they have the factory short barrel already installed. (Strikers can't just have the 18" barrel cut down like street sweepers can)

The most expensive variants are the Sentinel Striker-12s with the self eject feature and can bring as high as $1500 or more for the 18" version and $2000 for an SE version with a factory short barrel given they were not made for long before being effectively banned via NFA reclassification, then the 94 AWB  banned them again later that year.  Once the AWB was gone Penn Arms who took over Sentinel wouldnt sell to the civ market as DDs post 2004.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:21:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
(Strikers can't just have the 18" barrel cut down like street sweepers can)
View Quote
Why not?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why not?
View Quote
It’s the difference between the two guns as to how ”ventilated shroud/foreward grip/ejector-rod” assembly is held onto the barrel/receiver.

On a SWD Streetsweeper the barrel nut (that holds the ventilated shroud assembly up tight against the receiver) is located right up against the shroud itself and the barrel is externally threaded right behind where you would traditionally cut.  You can see the bare barrel past the barrel nut on a SWD Streetsweeper.

So you chop the barrel right in front of the existing barrel nut and the barrel nut will stay on the threaded portion of the barrel and continue to hold the ventilated shroud assembly in place.

On an Sentinel Striker-12 the ventilated shroud is held in place via a threaded “tube” that acts like a barrel nut does on the SWD Streetsweeper.    The tube completely covers the barrel from the end of the ventilated handguard all the way to the tip of the barrel and even has a “faux” knurled barrel nut toward the rear of the tube.

The big difference is the location of the actual threads on the Striker-12 barrel that hold this tube/extension on the barrel.  On a Striker-12 the “barrel nut/tube” piece's corresponding external threads are at the very tip/end  of the barrel.  So if you unthread the tube/barrel-nut part off the gun and then cut the barrel off in front of the ventilated shroud, you just cut the threads off the barrel that hold the tube/barrel-nut in place and which in turn hold the ventilated handguard assembly in place against the receiver.

So while you can technically cut back the 18” barrel on a Striker the ventilated-shroud/foregrip/ejector-rod assembly will slide/fall-off the front of the gun as there is no way to add a barrel nut to hold it on.   (I have seen some strikers where they were cut down and then the steel shroud was welded/glued in a pretty ugly fashion to the aluminum barrel)

To make matters more complicated....unfortunately, the spot on the 18" barrel where the threads would be located on the factory 12” barrel is turned down too far in diameter to thread for the factory 12” Striker barrel nut to function even if you tried to externally re-thread the factory 18” barrel right in front of the shroud.

So on a Sentinel Striker-12 you can either cut it back, thread the barrel in front of the shroud and have a proprietary knurled barrel nut made to hold the shroud assembly in place or you buy the factory short barrel and barrel nut and swap them out.

On my personal Striker I replaced the barrel with a factory 12” barrel from the secondary market and then got Combined Systems to sell me the factory knurled short barrel barrel nut.

Overall the Sentinel Strikers are better guns vs. Streetsweepers but come with a larger commitment if you plan to cut down the formerly 18” Title 1 versions

Attachment Attached File

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#10]
That helps greatly!
Thank you for explaining.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info.

I can probably get both for $1800, but my intention would be to flip one and have the other as a conversation piece more than a practical shooter. Doesn’t seem like there would be enough meat on the bone to make the amount of money back for a conversation piece.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.

I can probably get both for $1800, but my intention would be to flip one and have the other as a conversation piece more than a practical shooter. Doesn’t seem like there would be enough meat on the bone to make the amount of money back for a conversation piece.
View Quote
Not only that , but it's also close enough to market price that you're not really gaining anything other than having a better idea on condition/history than you would by buying over the internet.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I’d just offer something low like $13-1400 for both and let them know why.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I’d just offer something low like $13-1400 for both and let them know why.
View Quote
I agree with this advice/suggestion above.

At $1800 you are basically paying close to if not full "market value" for the guns at $900 each...of which are notoriously difficult to resell.  (Especially if you are not a Type 10 FFL/SOT and could hope to ever sell one off out of state on a F3 without a double $200 tax and a multiple month wait)

If you are paying $1800 for two guns and planning to  flip one and eat an inbound transfer tax in the process you would be much better served just buying one for market rate at $900 to $1000, paying one NFA tax and calling it a day.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks to everyone for all the info. I ended up passing on them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks to everyone for all the info. I ended up passing on them.
View Quote
Probably for the best. You'll find just one at a decent price, if you keep your eyes open.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Probably for the best. You'll find just one at a decent price, if you keep your eyes open.
View Quote
That’s the thing, I never wanted one and I still don’t. Lol. Just thought if I could get a decent enough deal on them I would make the leap. Thanks to the info everyone provided I decided this wasn’t the opportunity to do so.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Updated price in the OP.

Need some guidance to see if it's worth jumping on them. Thanks fellas.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
*UPDATE*

Just got a call and these are still for sale. The owner wants them gone and she just dropped the price to $1300 for both, so $650 each. I think we are at the price that I need to consider picking up both of them and flipping one once the paperwork is done. Any opinions from folks in the know would be appreciated.
View Quote
Is having one worth $1300 to you? In the worst case, you'll be stuck with both.

If you answered yes, then there you go. If not... well, what's your worst case price on selling one? Remember, as DDs they sell slowly. Very few dealers, very little interest.

ETA: I should say, is having one that you want (in however many months the F4s take) worth $1700 to you? Can't forget the stamps.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Is having one worth $1300 to you? In the worst case, you'll be stuck with both.

If you answered yes, then there you go. If not... well, what's your worst case price on selling one? Remember, as DDs they sell slowly. Very few dealers, very little interest.

ETA: I should say, is having one that you want (in however many months the F4s take) worth $1700 to you? Can't forget the stamps.
View Quote
That’s my only issue- being stuck with both of them. No idea how/if these things move once they go up for sale. Stamps are only $5 each being DD’s, so at least there’s that. Lol
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#21]
DD stamps are $200, not $5. You're thinking AOW.

So... that enters the equation. Would you be pissed off with two 12ga curiosities for $1700 total invested? If so... pass.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
DD stamps are $200, not $5. You're thinking AOW.

So... that enters the equation. Would you be pissed off with two 12ga curiosities for $1700 total invested? If so... pass.
View Quote
You're correct. Not sure why I was thinking that.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You're correct. Not sure why I was thinking that.  
View Quote
Wishful thinking?

I'd sure have a whole hell of a lot more DDs if the stamps were $5 each... at that cost, it would be practical to launch HE often.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I watch them on GB all the time. The ones that have sold have been 850 - 975. Anything over $1k sits.

If you could get them both for $1k, id do it. I would try to point out the fact that the wait would be about 12 months and you have to pay $400 in taxes,  paperwork, pics and prints.

You could just sell the receiver off one and keep all the parts for spares. Just an idea...
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Updates?

@SERVED_USMC
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Updates?

@SERVED_USMC
View Quote
Not as of yet. Will have an idea of what I'll probably do next week after some more conversation.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I've always wanted a street sweeper. Never fired one, but I know I want it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've always wanted a street sweeper. Never fired one, but I know I want it.
View Quote
It may not meet your expectations.

They feel kinda weird when you fire them, due to the long heavy DA trigger and all the gas that's blown out around the cylinder (impulse hits your hand).

They're slow to reload too. The ones that don't auto-eject (which is most of them) are even slower.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It may not meet your expectations.

They feel kinda weird when you fire them, due to the long heavy DA trigger and all the gas that's blown out around the cylinder (impulse hits your hand).

They're slow to reload too. The ones that don't auto-eject (which is most of them) are even slower.
View Quote
Still want so bad. I've been really working on my double action pull and it's getting to be money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top