Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2018 8:40:37 PM EDT
I'm bored. I was thinking of offering up my 106fr and my unfired 107fr both with triangle up for trade to maybe snag a scar.

What's the hive think?
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Do it, then form 1 the SCAR!
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 7:36:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Just wish I new someone with a scar to give me some feedback
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I would be hesitant to get rid of those unless you think you really won’t miss them, or have other AKs. But which scar are you looking at?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#5]
The SCAR is cool, to be sure. But it's not much different than an AR, much less a piston AR. The round is the same, controls are basically AR with the only real difference being the charging handle. Then there's the stock, and although folding is handy for packing it in a smaller case, you're never gonna fire it folded (well, once just to say you did it).

My point is, the SCAR isn't some magic unicorn. Find a shop that has a rental and get the idea out of your system.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The SCAR is cool, to be sure. But it's not much different than an AR, much less a piston AR. The round is the same, controls are basically AR with the only real difference being the charging handle. Then there's the stock, and although folding is handy for packing it in a smaller case, you're never gonna fire it folded (well, once just to say you did it).

My point is, the SCAR isn't some magic unicorn. Find a shop that has a rental and get the idea out of your system.
View Quote
I agree, but would still rather have 1 SCAR vs 2 AKs no matter how nice.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I agree, but would still rather have 1 SCAR vs 2 AKs no matter how nice.
View Quote
I am with Ken.  I'd sell the AKs and start working towards a SCAR....and I am not even that big of a SCAR fan.....

...but those who own them sure are.  Pretty much across the board.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top