Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2018 2:11:10 PM EDT
About a week ago I rented go and no-go headspace gauges from ReamerRentals.com for $25 including shipping both ways. They immediately took my money. When several days went by with no notice of shipment I went to the website and saw the order was "backordered." Several days later I sent an email inquiry referencing my order number and asking the timetable for the backorder/shipment. No response. A few days later another email, no response. Another day or two, left a voice mail. No response. Second voice mail - no response.

So, we have here a company with a nice business plan, i.e., renting reamers and gauges, that will NOT ship, answer emails, or return voice mails, for many days in a row. I got so frustrated (and eager to move forward with my project) that I ordered new gauges for something like $70. No refund yet from ReamerRentals.

Seems like this company needs (1) to be sued; and (2) some competition. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
OP, I have used 4D Reamer Rentals several times, they always got the tools out quickly, always in perfect condition.

Cheaper too I think.

ETA: I think they are the copy cats 4D has been around for years.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#2]
hmmm. 504 gateway time out, then double post.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#3]
4D Reamers for reamer rentals, I second that.

For the purchase of standard (or custom) dies, gauges,, or reamers, use someone like CH4D (oddly, unaffiliated with 4D Reamers), or if you're in more of a hurry, try Manson Reamers. There are a lot of well-established, reputable companies out there to buy and/or rent from, to the point that I don't bother trying out any of the newer offerings. I suppose eventually I'll have to, but no time soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top