Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2023 8:21:48 PM EDT
I'm a lot more active over in GD than the tech boards, but anything with "NRA" in it is gonna go off the rails almost before it starts over there.

So, I have wanted one of these for my own since I first became aware of them. Simply because of the musket configuration. Got to shoot one belonging to someone else a little bit back around 1980. I wasn't in love with the loose slider on the rear sight ladder when it was in use, but it didn't do anything to dissuade me.

Looked into some of the reproduction levers in this configuration a little bit and it always seemed like they were never available when I was looking. About two and a half years ago, I stumbled across this one over on GunBroker, with a low starting price and somehow nobody else bid on it. Listed as NIB, but obviously it's been out of the box for the auction photos and at my transferring FFL, if not a whole bunch of other times before that.

Got it home and it's just sat. Until today.

I kept intending to take it to the range, do an unboxing, run a few patches down the bore and start shooting it. Never got to the point of wanting to drag stuff along to do all of that. So it's just not happened. Got frustrated after not getting it done this weekend and decided it's time to pull it out of the box and just get it ready to go shooting. Hopefully this post will be the first installment and next weekend will see me post part two from the range.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Hope that I didn't violate some CoC rule with all of the pictures, but I figured that there might be some interest in seeing this stuff from back then.

With any luck, next week, range pictures!
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Enjoy shooting it!
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool rifle!
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Snuck off to the range late this afternoon. Spent more time shooting at roots and leaves on the backstop than at paper, but I wanted an idea of where it was hitting.

Anyway:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And somehow it must've worked like a decoy, because there was another musket-y thing that showed up:

Attachment Attached File

Yeah, I just got hold of this sad Model 1878 Sharps Borchardt military rifle and wanted to run a few through it, too.

Attachment Attached File

Best I did with the Winchester at 100. I'm not upset, because the target wasn't very high-definition in terms of visibility or contrast and the light was already starting to fade a bit at 5:00, when I finally quit playing around and settled in to shoot one group each with the two loads I had with.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice looking M94 Musket.  I always liked the full length musket wood - I wished the M95 replicas would be made in a Musket model similar to the Russian variant.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:40:02 AM EDT
[#9]
That's a beaut, nice score! The musket variants aren't seen too often.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice, I'm sure it's a good shooter too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#11]
That’s pretty neat. Thanks for sharing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top