Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 10/16/2018 7:32:37 PM EDT
I ran across this one today and I really can't find out much about them. The sheath/handle shows lots of field use but the blade was never sharpened.

How do they compare with the M-9?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC Ontario made a great number of our Bayonets. GTG
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never held one of those, but it looks like you can sharpen it a hell of a lot better than the m9. They were kind of thick bastards.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as collecting goes they are a bit more expensive than the M9.  But a well made bayonet/combat knife.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the best bayonet by far. Actually useful as a knife, and razor sharp, plus a great bayonet.  M9 sucks by comparison. As do all other us  bayonets.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:41:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's the best bayonet by far. Actually useful as a knife, and razor sharp, plus a great bayonet.  M9 sucks by comparison. As do all other us  bayonets.
View Quote
There is what looks like a ceramic sharpening rod built into the back side of the sheath.....Kind of wishful thinking except maybe on the serrations.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Must have if you own an A2
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:46:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Some infos about your OKC, end of this link : http://www.m9m4.com/index.cfm?currentpage=41
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:55:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Must have if you own an A2
View Quote
For sure, it's a great bayonet and knife to boot!
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#9]
This is the best bayonet:
Attachment Attached File

The USMC had selected the Eickhorn Bayonet 2000 in 2001, but some people pitched a fit and they ended up going with the Ontario (which is a modified SP6 Fighter from the 1990's with a new scabbard).

The OKC3S is alright, but because the pommel is peened in place, it's the only US bayonet that cannot be disassembled and cleaned. If rust develops under the grip, it's doomed.

The OKC3S is longer than the M9 but feels better in the hand. I find it handles better than the M9. The only things the M9 has on it are the scabbard with a flat sharpening stone and the little pouch that holds a pistol mag, but those features are only found on early (Desert Storm era) examples.

The M9 can be disassembled, but its tang is weaker due to the way it was designed. (There were some prototypes with a full tang, but they're very rare now.)

The M7 is actually really good and usually underrated due to its simple appearance. It's lightweight, handles great (on the rifle too), and features a full tang.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I saw one of the FIRST RUN, only 5000 made :
View Quote
It says in the description the webbing was reversed on the first 5,000.
Attachment Attached File

That doesn't make me want it more than a correct one.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#12]
uncle sams retail sold some used ones for $60 not too long ago

wish I could get my hands on a new one
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top