Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2018 10:24:41 PM EDT
I made a quick purchase of an Omega 45K during the "BOGO" sale this summer.  The dealer suggested the 45K for versatility.  I currently have a 9MM SBR, .38/.357 Lever Rifle, threaded, and soon to get a Ruger PC Carbine.  All threaded 1/2X28.  Eventually threaded barrels for my Glock 17 and Glock 21, the 21 being the main reason to go with the 45K.  Sound specs for the 45K in 9mm were pretty good.

I obviously did not ask all the right questions.

I assume the direct thread adapter on the 45K is a 5/8 thread.  I do see available 1/2 to 5/8 adapters.  Multiple suppressors is just not in the budget.  So, will be swapping from gun to gun, generally only shooting one in any given range session.

Is there a 45K direct thread adapter available in 1/2X28?

Would I just need one thread adapter on the 45K assuming that there is not a 1/2X28 direct thread adapter that is mounted to the Omega?

What are my other options for things like 3 lug mounts or perhaps the Cherry Bomb by Q I see referenced in another thread.

I know I am asking a lot, but just wanting to be prepared when the Omega gets out of jail.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I made a quick purchase of an Omega 45K during the "BOGO" sale this summer.  The dealer suggested the 45K for versatility.  I currently have a 9MM SBR, .38/.357 Lever Rifle, threaded, and soon to get a Ruger PC Carbine.  All threaded 1/2X28.  Eventually threaded barrels for my Glock 17 and Glock 21, the 21 being the main reason to go with the 45K.  Sound specs for the 45K in 9mm were pretty good.

I obviously did not ask all the right questions.

I assume the direct thread adapter on the 45K is a 5/8 thread.  I do see available 1/2 to 5/8 adapters.  Multiple suppressors is just not in the budget.  So, will be swapping from gun to gun, generally only shooting one in any given range session.

Is there a 45K direct thread adapter available in 1/2X28?

Would I just need one thread adapter on the 45K assuming that there is not a 1/2X28 direct thread adapter that is mounted to the Omega?

What are my other options for things like 3 lug mounts or perhaps the Cherry Bomb by Q I see referenced in another thread.

I know I am asking a lot, but just wanting to be prepared when the Omega gets out of jail.
View Quote
You will need a 1/2x28 piston plus a piston for any other thread size you are considering.  If you are using it on a fixed barrel, like the PC Carbine or lever action, then you will also need an AC22 fixed barrel spacer that replaces the spring in the Neilson device and prevents movement.  If you are using Glock OEM barrels on the 17 and 21, then you will need a M13.5x1LH and a M16x1LH respectively and you would have the spring installed as designed.  YMMV with aftermarket barrels.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
3lug the PCC, lever action and Ruger.

Buy the appropriate pistons for the handguns.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:19:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Three all the things (except the pistols).  
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like the vote is three lug the rifles, then pistons on the pistols.  I knew I would have to do the pistons on the pistols, just looking at best options for the rifles.

What brands do most of you like?  I can start buying now while waiting for the can.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like the vote is three lug the rifles, then pistons on the pistols.  I knew I would have to do the pistons on the pistols, just looking at best options for the rifles.

What brands do most of you like?  I can start buying now while waiting for the can.
View Quote
I've been getting Rugged pistons and plan on getting their 3-lug for my Omega 9k. Haven't decided on what 3-lug muzzle devices to get yet.

SiCo pistons have a notch that lets more blowback through, and I keep hearing about issues with their new 3-lug mount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top