Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2022 11:13:55 AM EDT
The sleeve for my Omega 300 came loose following Saturday’s range trip.  This doesn’t seem be something that affects performance.  I’ll be reaching out to SiCo later today but was curious how others have felt with this.  I vaguely remember seeing past posts that had similar issues, but can’t find them now.

I am tempted to put some rocksett on and call it a day

-Mike
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one that is quite old, I slathered it in rockset a long time ago and haven't given it a second thought.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Not the prettiest welds now that I get a look at it.

-Mike
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
If it were me I would just clean up the tube and core, apply  rocksett, and reset the tube sleeve back on the core.

Personally I wouldn't risk shipping a suppressor back and forth to the manufacturer over a simple repair I could do myself at almost no cost and maybe 30 minutes of my time.    Especially in todays current shipping environment where both Fedex and UPS have changed their rules to dis-allow unlicensed individuals to ship firearms/suppressors so if it gets lost they most likely won't pay out any insurance claim.

Just my nickles worth anyway.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine came loose also. Solved with rocksett.  Silencerco will probably ship you some.  No need to send can in for that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one that is quite old, I slathered it in rockset a long time ago and haven't given it a second thought.
View Quote

Exactly. I have done it too, and that’s all they will do when you send it back. So just save time by degreasing it with carb cleaner, slather on rockset and thread it back on.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats on your new tubeless omega!
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Rockset it and be done
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Talked to SiCo customer service they recommended blue loctite over rockset because it has a little flex and may last longer.  But said either is a valid course.

-Mike
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Congrats on your new tubeless omega!
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Talked to SiCo customer service they recommended blue loctite over rockset because it has a little flex and may last longer.  But said either is a valid course.

-Mike
View Quote

The heat will break down Loctite 242. I'd go with Rocksett or Vibra-tite Hot Lock.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Just out of curiosity, do you even need to put the tube back on? Does it hold/include the end cap or something?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, do you even need to put the tube back on? Does it hold/include the end cap or something?
View Quote

Nope. If you wanted to, you could run it without the tube before doing things like FA and mag dumps for funsies. That way if something catastrophic happened you would still have a nice, undamaged serialized tube for warranty purposes.

But, that's probably illegal, so don't do that
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nope. If you wanted to, you could run it without the tube before doing things like FA and mag dumps for funsies. That way if something catastrophic happened you would still have a nice, undamaged serialized tube for warranty purposes.
View Quote

Which is why I'd use blue thread locker as the manufacturer suggested, or maybe red. Why make it a bigger pain in the butt to remove later on down the road. That way you don't risk destroying the sleeve that has all the information if it needs to be removed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:41:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Loctite 272 says it's good for 450F, heat to 480 to remove. Might work if you don't do mag dumps.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Which is why I'd use blue thread locker as the manufacturer suggested, or maybe red. Why make it a bigger pain in the butt to remove later on down the road. That way you don't risk destroying the sleeve that has all the information if it needs to be removed.
View Quote

While not as easy as something like 242, removing something with Rocksett on it isn't complicated. If it were that permanent, nobody would ever be able to get their suppressor mounts off.

242 wouldn't last 10-12 rounds fired in quick succession before eclipsing 480 degrees.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

While not as easy as something like 242, removing something with Rocksett on it isn't complicated. If it were that permanent, nobody would ever be able to get their suppressor mounts off.

242 wouldn't last 10-12 rounds fired in quick succession before eclipsing 480 degrees.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top