Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2018 5:39:49 AM EDT
Can I get get to cut and threaded 1/2x28?
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 6:34:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for morning crew
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 9:18:57 AM EDT
[#2]
if there's enough meat on the end of the barrel, there's no reason a good gunsmith couldn't cut and thread.  might be cost prohibitive though.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like there is enough barrel past the front sight to make it happen...but it might be close. If not, you could loose the front sight entirely or the gun smith could replicate it further back. Looking at about $100-$250, depending on the amount of work.

Or, you could use this as a convenient excuse to buy a newer rifle! (That’s what I would do)
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Same rifle as the FVSR.  I would get the FV and use that as an open sight. After you pay for a thread you are on your way to a new rifle price. Or get the TRR and have that threaded and avoid having to buy the boyds tacticool stock and DIP bottom metal
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241110#/topics/241110?page=1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top