Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2020 12:57:51 PM EDT
I scored a deal on a Springfield Armory ART IV optic that I couldn't pass on.  It came with a free-bee bonus mount... what I finaly determined to be made by ProMag.  It looks just like the old ARMS mount I had back in the day... except there's no "mounting block" that slides into the stripper guide bridge.  Just a hex "jamb screw".

So.... while I'm contemplating which Bassett mount I'm wanting...
...is this thing worth a damn?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I would shoot it and see if it is stable. Why spend money on a new mount if that one works?
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve heard they suck, soft screws or something. I think they’ve stopped making them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#3]
After about 30 yrs of trying different brands I’ve accepted the fact that anything promag sucks ass!! Every mag I’ve tried had issues I’m sure a scope mount that takes a beating would loose it’s zero . Get yourself a known quality mount , arms , sadlak, bassett I’m sure there are others but promag surely isn’t one
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After about 30 yrs of trying different brands I’ve accepted the fact that anything promag sucks ass!! Every mag I’ve tried had issues I’m sure a scope mount that takes a beating would loose it’s zero . Get yourself a known quality mount , arms , sadlak, bassett I’m sure there are others but promag surely isn’t one
View Quote

That's kinda my thought.  For giggles, I properly mounted and torqued everything down... and I'm going to try to sight it in.  We'll see if it holds zero... or is even CAPABLE of being zeroed.
Either way... a Bassett and better rings is in my future
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#5]
In most cases, anything Pro-Mag makes sucks ass. In the case of this mount, however....it's pretty damn good. I've had one on my M1a for 8 years now. I also have an ARMS 18 on another M1A and it's great, too....but mo' pricey.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top