Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2020 1:07:49 PM EDT
My buddy came across this press and wants to get started reloading. He has been doing a few sessions now on my LNL and thinks he would be into doing it himself. Its in surprisingly smooth operating condition despite appearance. Curious to know before i tear it down and clean it up for him. Thanks.

1. I believe so, but would like to confirm this accepts modern dies and shell holders?

2. That little lever on the front that engages the ram is some sort of primer seater I assume? The little doohickey sticking off the top.It appears to be bent and in bad shape over all. Which i guess doesent matter because that can be removed and cases hand primed.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#2]
never seen a press, even old ones that don't standard shell holders and dies.  You have a LNL so should be easy to see if a die screws in.
The dohickey looks bent and even so, primers come in large and small size so you'll be missing one of those sizes.

Depends how much clean up you want to do, but the thing would look awesome sandblasted and freshly powder coated
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Flash, will do... he is excited to get started.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
never seen a press, even old ones that don't standard shell holders and dies.  You have a LNL so should be easy to see if a die screws in.
The dohickey looks bent and even so, primers come in large and small size so you'll be missing one of those sizes.

Depends how much clean up you want to do, but the thing would look awesome sandblasted and freshly powder coated
View Quote

Yeah, all my dies are in bushings and only had maybe 3 threads exposed on one. I was pretty confident but wanted to be sure before I told him to order dies. Im going to get it torn down today, soaking in some mineral spirits and give it a good brushing. I agree on the new coating but I think it will clean up pretty decent.    I'll post some pics when I get it all back together.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
That's actually a later model Pacific press and does(edit:should) take modern shell holders.
Some Earlier model Pacific press had caliber specific rams.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I was given one last year and passed it on to a friend. He is loading Grendel and BO with it now. It looked about as bad as that one but worked fine.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#6]
What shape is the press handle in?
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top