Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2023 10:57:49 PM EDT
When I bought my house the basement was a horrible layout. It had a large pantry and a "kitchen" that was just a sink and fridge, a half bath and a bunch of rooms no windows at all. I tore out a bunch of it that made no sense and kind of planned to a do a new lay out that made much more sense. The good thing is it has a full 8 foot ceiling height.

Below is the layout now. The gray room on the top left is the mech room and work shop, the L shaped thing top center is the steps to the basement ( with a closet under the steps ), and the wall going left to right across most of the way ( bottom wall of the mech room ) is where the steel beam and columns are. The skinny tall room center bottom to the steel beam is closets. The top right is where I plan on putting a full bath, the wall is not there yet and the old half bath plumbing is there but the floor has to come up to redo the plumbing.

My plan is to cut the room down on the bottom left where the brown floor stops and make the left part storage, it is also where the electric panels are. The large room on the right will be another living room. I plan on putting an egress window in the big right side room and in the right side of the left bottom room. That way the right side of the left room can be a bedroom, with a closet.

My decisions are do I take the tall closet ( center bottom ) and harden it and make it a gun room that would measure 5x15 feet, but it could still be used as a closet for the bedroom if I sell the house.

Do I take the left bottom area ( will be 13x12 or so ) and make it a gun room and just live with the under step closet and the tall center closet for storage. If I ever sell it could still be used for storage.

I also thought about taking half the center closet and making it the bathroom and taking the top right area and making it the gun room, but its only 6x10.

I want to be able to put my reloading stuff in there, so 6x10 with guns and a bench for reloading gets kind of small.

so 3 options
center bottom to middle 5x15 gun room
bottom left 13x12 gun room
top right 6x12 gun room.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 3:19:44 AM EDT
[#1]
13x12 considering you will be reloading.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top