Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2021 1:31:22 PM EDT
These have been around for awhile, but I cannot find any user reviews or YouTube videos others than the company’s promotional ones. I assume the high price makes it less common in the collector community, but I am contemplating one, and would like to know what the pros and cons are. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw one at the range years ago.  Beautiful beast.  Looked like it ran fine.  Didn't get to shoot as I didn't know the guys, but did visit with them and watch.  They said it had been great for them, but my sample of experience is one owner I know nothing about.

Have never found any writeup either.  Would love to own, but will never have that kind of coin.

Doc
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one, would keep it over all my other semi belt feds.  Going on around 4000+ rounds now and have not had a jam, not one.  Have fed it brass and both brown bear and wolf, even mixed belts and no issues.  On the tripod with a 249/240 soft mount it will double tap a man torso steel at 300 in under a second.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one, would keep it over all my other semi belt feds.  Going on around 4000+ rounds now and have not had a jam, not one.  Have fed it brass and both brown bear and wolf, even mixed belts and no issues.  On the tripod with a 249/240 soft mount it will double tap a man torso steel at 300 in under a second.
View Quote

i have had the same experience with the 2 i have shot.   very accurate, very reliable.   if you can find one for less then 12k i think thats a good deal these days
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting one a little after I started this thread. Have not done too much with it yet, as it has been too hot to enjoy it. I did put about 40 rounds through it for a test fire. I also got the larger acog for it, but have not used it yet. Does anyone know if standard USGI surplus barrels will work, or would there be headspace issues?  OOW did not seem to want to answer that, but did say I could but an extra barrel from them for $1200.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#5]
The Army was adamant we keep barrels married to each 240 when we drew the barrel bags. I'd wager you can buy a new barrel, but be sure to check headspace.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I used a new in wrap lightweight barrel with mine  for at least 600 rnds and ran fine with no headspace issues or signs of stress on the cases.  Guessing if you bought a well used one and married up to the newer gun it might have some issues.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 7:17:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats on the pickup! The OOW M240 looks great on top of any coffee table so that's definitely a pro.  Some may balk at the idea of paying $14k for a semi belt fed, but the platform is so stable you can stay on target pretty easily while laying down a string of shots with unending capacity.  I wanted something different, always been fascinated by belt feds, and I've added 2 other platforms since.  They seem to retain their value pretty well so while I don't personally buy guns as investments, it's easier to justify such a purchase knowing you aren't tossing your money away. Mine's been reliable as well so that's a plus.  Only con is it's a heavy beast to lug around but it is what it is.

I have one of those Predator Pack setups for it too, something about those feed chutes aha but have yet to try it out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 2:54:14 AM EDT
[#8]
So has anyone bought the bandolier hanger adapter for their gun?  There are some for sale on gunbroker, and I tried to look up some user information on them, but am not sure if OOW made these guns to allow to use them. Seems like the instructions I found talk about a slot that the adapter clips into, but I am not sure if the gun allows it, or if I am just not understanding it.  I was going to just buy one and see, but did not want to get stuck with something I cannot use or re sell.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Have used one on mine for M60 bandos and an experimental m60 hard box I have.  May have a second adapter, if you can wait a day let me know and I will go down to the conex and look for it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#10]
This thread needs pictures.

These would be totally awesome if you could design a forced reset/rare breed type trigger for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top