Link Posted: 2/12/2019 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Dude.

A- I haven't seen you around in years

B- this is my favorite build I've seen of yours. So sick.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:31:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#6]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Dude.

A- I haven't seen you around in years

B- this is my favorite build I've seen of yours. So sick.
View Quote
Knowing him, this rifle will be completely cannibalized and all parts will be sold or be swapped to different rifles within the week

JK, that's a very slick setup! Looks like it works well, just needs more LMT

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 9:36:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Augee] [#7]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#8]
@TNVC_Augee

What is behind your sights (gold)?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Untitled by T B, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 1:57:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#13]
What unit is that? Just curious.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the pic. I feel like a school kid waiting on Christmas, for my perst-4 to get here
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By carmodyh:
Perst-4
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Family photo. L to R: PERST-3, MAWL, LS420, ATPIAL

Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:42:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 556NAT0:

http://i64.tinypic.com/9zuiiq.jpg
View Quote
How do you like the perst 3?
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Honda4828:
View Quote
Just got it and haven't been able to shoot with it yet, but thus far I like it a lot. Construction is definitely not cheap, it appears very well built to me. 4 modes, the selector clicks into place pretty crisp; vis laser, storage, ir laser, ir illum, and dual ir. Nice and simple. Intensity can be adjusted on any mode on the LAM itself or on the pressure switch. Fire button on top and rear I really like. Oddly the top button feels and clicks like a button, the rear doesn't click and feels more like a pressure switch but they both have the same dual function. Dual function meaning quick press and release is constant on, press and hold is momentary. The pressure switch reminds me of a coax cable for a TV, attach to the outlet and tighten down the nut to lock it in place, pretty darn secure. I was initially worried about the intensity dial on the pressure switch being too easy to knock around but it is positive clicks to set positions, personally I wish it would be tighter but it does click into place. It is mounted behind a fat Diamondhead front sight and both IR laser and illum clear the sight, the sight does partially obscure the vis laser but it is still very usable. And it does have an indicator light for when a laser and/or illuminator is on.

Thus far I see no reason why it should be discounted. At this point, based on handling, specs and the presumption that it will perform, I'd recommend it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got it and haven't been able to shoot with it yet, but thus far I like it a lot. Construction is definitely not cheap, it appears very well built to me. 4 modes, the selector clicks into place pretty crisp; vis laser, storage, ir laser, ir illum, and dual ir. Nice and simple. Intensity can be adjusted on any mode on the LAM itself or on the pressure switch. Fire button on top and rear I really like. Oddly the top button feels and clicks like a button, the rear doesn't click and feels more like a pressure switch but they both have the same dual function. Dual function meaning quick press and release is constant on, press and hold is momentary. The pressure switch reminds me of a coax cable for a TV, attach to the outlet and tighten down the nut to lock it in place, pretty darn secure. I was initially worried about the intensity dial on the pressure switch being too easy to knock around but it is positive clicks to set positions, personally I wish it would be tighter but it does click into place. It is mounted behind a fat Diamondhead front sight and both IR laser and illum clear the sight, the sight does partially obscure the vis laser but it is still very usable. And it does have an indicator light for when a laser and/or illuminator is on.

Thus far I see no reason why it should be discounted. At this point, based on handling, specs and the presumption that it will perform, I'd recommend it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Honda4828:

Thanks for that. I’d be really interested on how the Illum performs.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 1:46:22 AM EDT
[#21]
On mine its awesome.  Compared to a PEQ15, the diffuser cap is world's better.  Much cleaner and it spills the light wider.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 2:09:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556NAT0] [#22]
Took the PERST and MAWL out back tonight to play with it. I don't have a lot of room to work with but I was more than pleased with the PERST and will say performance wise it appears to be able to hang with a MAWL or a PEQ. If I can get to a place with a greater range and a "target" at 100 yards I'll definitely take pictures. I'll try taking some tonight but I kind of worry about distance, I'll have to check it in the morning and post em then.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Soich:
On mine its awesome.  Compared to a PEQ15, the diffuser cap is world's better.  Much cleaner and it spills the light wider.
View Quote
Took the PERST and MAWL out back tonight to play with it. I don't have a lot of room to work with but I was more than pleased with the PERST and will say performance wise it appears to be able to hang with a MAWL or a PEQ. If I can get to a place with a greater range and a "target" at 100 yards I'll definitely take pictures. I'll try taking some tonight but I kind of worry about distance, I'll have to check it in the morning and post em then.
View Quote
That’s what I wanted to hear.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#24]
@carterbrunelle How’s the comparison going?
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 5:45:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carterbrunelle] [#25]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#26]

http://i64.tinypic.com/9zuiiq.jpg
View Quote
How's the LS420? Generally when I think Holosun I think meh. So curious how their LAM performs lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 7:57:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556NAT0] [#27]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

How's the LS420? Generally when I think Holosun I think meh. So curious how their LAM performs lol
View Quote
It is on my ARX100, that alone should tell you something. Okay I kid, I like my ARX100 a lot but I shoot it significantly less than my ARs.

Speaking to the LS420 model specifically I have a few issues; I am not crazy about having an on-LAM white light, it is actually a decent white light... when it works (Holosun quickly offered me an RMA to their credit that I haven't used), 10 different modes is too many (why do I need vis laser high, vis laser low and those same two separate options with white light?) and the modes don't appear to be in any particular order. The remote pressure pad rail mount is very strange, it would not fit any of the (metal) pic rails on my AR15s, but it fit my (plastic) pic rail on my ARX100 decently (secured with zip tie). It does appear to accept an ATPIAL pressure pad if you trim some plastic. It wouldn't say it is bad, I'd say it is a commercial unit with it's own nuances. I think the LS321 or LS221 provides good competition to the I2 or A3, particularly for those who don't plan on running a pressure pad or are on a shoestring budget. The LS420 I wouldn't suggest, I'd say to take the cash you save and parlay it into something else.

Bear in mind that it is a commercial laser so I would expect output to be in the same avenue as the ATPIAL-C or DBAL I2/A3, but I haven't used either of those to actually compare. From what I am able to gather it appears there are two tiers of LAMs and the higher tiers are going to be your MAWL, PERST, D2, A4, and used grey-market full power PEQs. The Holosun clearly doesn't hold up to those higher end models. If they do come out with a LAM with an LED illuminator like the D2, it could definitely be competitive with the D2, it would get my attention and I see no reason why Holosun couldn't do it.

Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:20:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Perst-1, CQBL-1 & Perst-4

Link Posted: 3/30/2019 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 4/24/2019 7:24:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#33]
Attachment Attached File

Full power LDI DBAL I2
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Boom!
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#35]
@carterbrunelle Any updates yet?
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#36]
My small contribution. Laser Devices DBAL I2 and Surefire M952v. Rifle is a CMMG upper and LMT lower. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By DM1975:
My small contribution.
View Quote
Very classy carpet slatwall system there - I dig the look of that. Is that a retail product or something you put together yourself?
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By jwramp:

Very classy carpet slatwall system there - I dig the look of that. Is that a retail product or something you put together yourself?
View Quote
Thanks, it’s just regular slat wall I carpeted with outdoor carpeting. I have three walls in my gun room done like that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:55:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: carterbrunelle] [#39]
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 1:20:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: darkspector] [#43]
I need dual lead hot button on my life!

Link Posted: 6/5/2019 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Perst-1 on my 16" beater gun.  Just got the switch in today

Link Posted: 6/8/2019 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By HK94dude:
Perst-1 on my 16" beater gun.  Just got the switch in today

https://i.imgur.com/I0rkziL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kPAAGw8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9wlojkH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hI7MGq2.jpg
View Quote
That's an awesome setup for simple platforms. Can you tell me how much distance is between the front sight tower and the muzzle device? Would that mount/setup work on a 10.5 pistol? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 7:39:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top