Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/28/2023 3:42:18 PM EDT
I can change the description of a mod can if this gains steam. I did a small search on Google, and this is what I could best come up with to link to:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Minuteman-bag-assault-pack-thread/5-2568911/?page=1&anc=bottom#bottom

What are you guys using for packs, add on things, contents of? Are you using bandoliers and what type? Looking for ideas really for modern things because it's not about the money saved but the technology being used meaning function over form.

I'd like to have a lightweight but durable, to store a bandolier, MRE's, water, more first aid, a poncho, a poncho liner, smoke grenades, bungee cords, chem lights, extra batteries, etc.

However as a picture thread, show them all off, old and new
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Nvm
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have some good stuff to add to this later this week
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a lot of assault packs, it's probably the thing I am most picky about both professionally and personally.  I've found that my assault pack probably makes the most difference in my job as to how I can comfortably carry stuff, how it's laid out, the size of objects I can put in it, etc.

Here's 3, the Eberlestock gunslinger II was issued but I dont like it, it wears horribly over armor, isnt compartmentalized, etc. The tan SORD bag is awesome for short stuff or as a vehicle bag, I forgot the name of the other one, its a good sized bag for a smaller type with a decent layout but the shoulder straps are atrocious.  I typically use that for a work range bag now.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

These are two ive been issued, Mystery Range trizip and SATL, Trizip is a great smaller assault pack but doesn't meet a lot of the specialized criteria I need, like modularity.
Attachment Attached File

This is one im currently using, a Platatac Echo large, I absolutely love this bag. Its a great size with a large beavertail and plenty of compartments along with open space.
Attachment Attached File

I used the Eberlestock lodrag for a long time, its comfortable over armor and has a scabbard to carry large items, it's interior space is kind of funky. I keep it around though and use it once in a while
Attachment Attached File

Kelty I use for a home bugout bag, havent spent much time carrying it though.

I have a mystery ranch RATs, Rip zip 24, and a few others I dont have pictures of here.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a lot of assault packs, it's probably the thing I am most picky about both professionally and personally.  I've found that my assault pack probably makes the most difference in my job as to how I can comfortably carry stuff, how it's laid out, the size of objects I can put in it, etc.

Here's 3, the Eberlestock gunslinger II was issued but I dont like it, it wears horribly over armor, isnt compartmentalized, etc. The tan SORD bag is awesome for short stuff or as a vehicle bag, I forgot the name of the other one, its a good sized bag for a smaller type with a decent layout but the shoulder straps are atrocious.  I typically use that for a work range bag now.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45449/IMG_20160216_210903_jpg-2832573.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45449/cd_png-2832580.JPG

These are two ive been issued, Mystery Range trizip and SATL, Trizip is a great smaller assault pack but doesn't meet a lot of the specialized criteria I need, like modularity.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45449/trhr6_png-2832577.JPG

This is one im currently using, a Platatac Echo large, I absolutely love this bag. Its a great size with a large beavertail and plenty of compartments along with open space.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45449/20230430_164737_jpg-2801530_png-2832578.JPG

I used the Eberlestock lodrag for a long time, its comfortable over armor and has a scabbard to carry large items, it's interior space is kind of funky. I keep it around though and use it once in a while
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45449/IMG_20160216_211317_jpg-2832585.JPG

Kelty I use for a home bugout bag, havent spent much time carrying it though.

I have a mystery ranch RATs, Rip zip 24, and a few others I dont have pictures of here.
View Quote

I just picked up a Platatac Echo MkIII and like it a fair bit so far. It wears beautifully over a JPC, but I wish the sternum strap could tighten up more, since I'm a manlet.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Need to get some pics but I have the Eberlestock Gunslinger II, Eberlestock Slingblade and two of the Agilite AMP III's
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope it's related to the user-accessible PC pack you were working on, that could greatly influences some future purchases.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Mystery Ranch RATs

Eberlestock Lodrag

Kelty
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I hope it's related to the user-accessible PC pack you were working on, that could greatly influences some future purchases.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@DDS87

I actually had/have it up and running. Right now it's disassembled as I'm playing around with my loadout as a whole. Basically it's flatpack or fp plus with a qore bladder pouch mounted internally, then additional pouches mounted inside the qore(towards the body). I've played with a few ways to anchor it and had a range day with it. The tough part is integrating it with the pack I've designated for the loadout. I have a suuuuper low profile way to attach it, but then it's not quick release. I also have qd buckles I can use but they are slightly more obtrusive. The hardest part for me is the cummerbund attachment method. It makes a large portion of the cummerbund unusable (this is common with almost all self accessible back panels)
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45449/cd_png-2832580.JPG
View Quote

That looks like either the Ares Combat XII or the Arbor Arms Tradesman.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Need to get some pics but I have the Eberlestock Gunslinger II, Eberlestock Slingblade and two of the Agilite AMP III's
View Quote

I used the Slingblade last year for a weekend training session. I was happy with it. It and the Rush 24 are the only ones I use that doesn’t have a waist belt.

Attachment Attached File

The other packs I use are the Eberlestock FacTrac and the Eberlestock Terminator. I don’t know if I consider them assault packs though.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:04:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I always wanted to give that on a try; never could find one in stock.
View Quote

Ive had that thing since about 2010, used to use it as a small HAF bag with the fastex clips, but decided I wanted to be able to take it on and off easier so I switched the straps, but they are probably the worst shoulder straps ive ever used.  It's never been used for anything other than range use since about 2012 or so.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#13]
While I don't do a lot of assaults, I've been really enjoying this mini pack as a daily grab and go.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I’ve been using a CountyComm bag and 5.11 RUSH24 for sometime.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’ve been using a CountyComm bag and 5.11 RUSH24 for sometime.
View Quote

The Rush 24 is a damn good pack and near indestructible.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The Rush 24 is a damn good pack and near indestructible.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/196752/IMG_3478_jpeg-2834167.JPG
View Quote

Where is that being made? I like so far what I am seeing in the options to choose from.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#17]
La police gear multicam pack
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#18]
@daemon734

When you rig up an assault pack directly to your carrier, do you find that it pulls down on your rear plate and chokes you with your front plate?

Is there a way to fix that? I have it really bad with my Platatac bag when I direct mount it with some 1" clips.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@daemon734

When you rig up an assault pack directly to your carrier, do you find that it pulls down on your rear plate and chokes you with your front plate?

Is there a way to fix that? I have it really bad with my Platatac bag when I direct mount it with some 1" clips.
View Quote

The ares clips went over the shoulder and clipped at the upper chest, so it didnt pull so much. You have to keep it real light though, like 20lbs.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I always wanted to give that on a try; never could find one in stock.
View Quote

Ares went out of business years ago AFAIK, that's why.

The Tradesman is a very similar design and quite good. I have both.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:08:42 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm using an Eagle Zip-On Modular Assault Pack modified to be carried piggyback on my plate carrier.  

My only negatives to it are that it doesn't have hook and loop on the front or back (only small strips along the side) and the PRC117 strap inside it, which is something I'm probably just going to cut out eventually since I'll never carry a radio in it.

My philosophy of us is that the Assault Pack is really a 12 hour bag in terms of food and water primarily for carrying night vision, additional ammunition, smokes, and the odds and ends I don't need quick access to on my plate carrier.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Like everyone else, I collect packs for some reason - the "Assault" variety are a Rush24 loaded for leaving/getting back. A Yote for wear with a Chest Rig, a MilspecMonkey ADAPT Pack, Removable, on a PC, and a MilspecMonkey BossBeaver laying empty right now. Mains are a Crossfire DG16, Eberlestock G4 Operator, and a Rush72.

In Iraq, I had a Blackhawk 3 Day Assault Pack, that was used as a Truck Bag.

Even that ^ was leaps and bounds over the Late 80's - Regiment only had the Lid of the Lowe-Alpine "Mountain Ruck" to use as an Assault Pack - I still have it, LOL.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Is assault pack a bad title for this thread? Should I change the header to 12 hour pack or something else? Leave as is?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is assault pack a bad title for this thread? Should I change the header to 12 hour pack or something else? Leave as is?
View Quote

Leave as is
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#25]
I am a recovering packaholic. Currently in relapse

I've lately gotten a Mystery ranch 2 day assault pack that I really like. In the past I've used the Rush 12, Vertx gamut, HPG umlindi, Direct action Dragon egg and ghost, and many many more. I really liked the HPG umlindi as an uncoventional battle pack because the way the harness works makes it really comfy for use with a plate carrier. But it's pack -bucket style makes it hard to get to stuff efficiently.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#26]
I have used a Sord Hydration Helmet Carrier for several years now off of a recommendation @daemon734 made in a thread. The main compartment will fit a standard 3L water bladder and enough stripped-down MREs for 1.5 days plus some other stuff like an issued poncho. Albeit I usually just have a single 1L Nalgene, water bladder filter, poncho or gortex, single stripped MRE, and clip-on thermal or pair of binos.  It's got two built-in pockets, a smaller velcro one on the inside of the main that I keep a slightly larger weapons cleaning kit with punch rods and bore snake to augment the one on my belt. The larger zippered pocket is on the beaver tail. I usually keep quick reference material, 9line cards, Call for Fire, radio log, headlamp, etc stuff that usually ends up in my cargo pockets otherwise. The beaver tail as you may have guessed will easily fit helmet-sized stuff (pictured below). If I'm carrying extra belt-fed ammo or anything with weight it usually will end up inside the main compartment and my warming layers/rain protection will go in the beaver tail. I have on occasion carried extra linked 7.62 in the beaver tail but I leave it in the bandoliers to limit wear on the mesh. You can attach pouches on the sides on the top inside the beaver tail and side of the pack which is nice for extra admin, mags, smokes, etc. Ultimately I like this assault pack over larger packs like my Mystery Ranch 3-day assault pack because over 20ish pounds packs without frames hurt my back while wearing a plate carrier.  This sits nicely inside the top of my ruck and has all my important mission essential gear. Pictured below is a short movement to the range with my helmet in the beaver tail.
https://www.sordusa.com/hydration-helmet-carrier

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have used a Sord Hydration Helmet Carrier for several years now off of a recommendation @daemon734 made in a thread. The main compartment will fit a standard 3L water bladder and enough stripped-down MREs for 1.5 days plus some other stuff like an issued poncho. Albeit I usually just have a single 1L Nalgene, water bladder filter, poncho or gortex, single stripped MRE, and clip-on thermal or pair of binos.  It's got two built-in pockets, a smaller velcro one on the inside of the main that I keep a slightly larger weapons cleaning kit with punch rods and bore snake to augment the one on my belt. The larger zippered pocket is on the beaver tail. I usually keep quick reference material, 9line cards, Call for Fire, radio log, headlamp, etc stuff that usually ends up in my cargo pockets otherwise. The beaver tail as you may have guessed will easily fit helmet-sized stuff (pictured below). If I'm carrying extra belt-fed ammo or anything with weight it usually will end up inside the main compartment and my warming layers/rain protection will go in the beaver tail. I have on occasion carried extra linked 7.62 in the beaver tail but I leave it in the bandoliers to limit wear on the mesh. You can attach pouches on the sides on the top inside the beaver tail and side of the pack which is nice for extra admin, mags, smokes, etc. Ultimately I like this assault pack over larger packs like my Mystery Ranch 3-day assault pack because over 20ish pounds packs without frames hurt my back while wearing a plate carrier.  This sits nicely inside the top of my ruck and has all my important mission essential gear. Pictured below is a short movement to the range with my helmet in the beaver tail.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q70/924/MIm5mk.png
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q70/924/4M1nzt.jpg
View Quote

I’ve never saw this one before. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q70/924/MIm5mk.png
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q70/924/4M1nzt.jpg
View Quote

I like that one, thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#29]
@Diz. No one knows packs more than this guy. He does it for a living!
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#30]
I’ve not had great success combining an assault pack and a plate carrier.
Anybody have good
Suggestions.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anybody have good
Suggestions.
View Quote

What do you mean combining?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anybody have good
Suggestions.
View Quote

Ive tried a few times, starting with the Tactical Tailor pack in the pic below, which actually sat way too low.  Then with the Ares pack I pictured above, which felt good because the clips were over the shoulders to the front of my vest, except they took up chest real estate on my carrier.  Ive also direct molle mounted my SORD pack to a separate panel that zips to my JPC.

In the end I never can really keep the weight of the pack low enough to not be extremely uncomfortable and I always switch back to conventional straps.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody have good
Suggestions.

I’ve tried running an Eberlestock dagger hydration pack with my plate carrier. It’s always felt pretty uncomfortable. It doesn’t help I’m fat and out of shape.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm assuming you mean attached on the rear then?

Being out of shape will make it harder regardless of how you choose to integrate it.

If it's attached, the comfort/sagging/awkwardness has more to do with the pc itself than the pack.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Working on a self accessible assault panel that can be attached to the larger pack for movement.

I have the front figured out pretty well. The side clips are the hardest part as if they are too far forward the cummerbund is useless and too far rearward is a PITA to attach by yourself

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Anybody have good
Suggestions.
View Quote

Platatac Echo Bullock mk IV - its right sized for plate carriers or Crossfire DG1 a little larger.  Technically both are beaver tail hydration carriers but easily double as small "assault" packs.

Like most here, I have multiple packs - the reality is, as we all know, different conditions and scenarios require different solutions.

From smallest to largest

(1) Platatac Echo Bullock IV - fits on PC or with shoulder straps, is a "hydration" style beaver tail with a small amount of storage capacity, very neat pack - v.good fit with belt kit (about 10L).
(2) Crossfire DG1 - larger than the Bullock Echo, fits on PC or with excellent shoulder straps, again "hydration" style beaver tail with storage space, neat, strong pack with comfortable back support insert - v.good fit with belt kit (about 15L)
(3) SORD "day" assault pack - classic design but with top that seals tight, dry bag style (great in wet and dusty environments) has metal D ring to attach to outside of vehicles, lots of molle for additional pouches, basic, strong, ugly, but good.(about 30L without additional pouches)
(4) Mystery Ranch 3 day assault pack with BVS, fully adjustable back with plate carrier support - excellent pack, very comfortable - 35L but I have two GP pouches that bring that up to about 40 L. (40L)
(5) Mystery Ranch Blackjack 50 with BVS, again fully adjustable back with palte carrier support - excellent comfortable and easily a 3 day plus pack. (50L)
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:44:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Are Kelty bags like the Redwing good enough for military use?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:40:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Are Kelty bags like the Redwing good enough for military use?
View Quote

Personally I would say no. Things like buckles are real weak and absurdly small for some reason.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#39]
I customized an Eagle Zip-On Assault Pack (MAP III) to use Haley Strategic Piggyback straps with the VXV Concepts Adapters for using the Haley Strategic Piggyback straps on my Ferro Concepts FCPC V5.  Since I customized the whole set-up it sits up high enough on my back to actually ride even higher than it would if I was just using conventional straps with it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Personally I would say no. Things like buckles are real weak and absurdly small for some reason.
View Quote

Dang. I have a 45 and 65L Redwing that have been good for my uses but was hoping they could be handle hard use in a pinch.

I have a surplus assault pack and an LBT 30L pack as well but really wanting something extremely durable in the 55-65L range under $200.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Ugh. A true money pit.

I’ve had:
Blackhawk 3 day pack. Comfortable, built like a tank.
Maxpedition vulture that had neat features but not for my needs…
2x mystery ranch 3DAP. I want to like them but I don’t. They’re an awkward size.
Mystery ranch SATL. Decent, but again the size wasn’t right for my needs.
Tactical tailor mini pack that I stupidly sold…
A few others that I can’t remember.
I’m currently using a kifaru urban ruck with a kifaru beaver tail added. Seems to be the right combo of size/access/storage for my needs right now.

I like the looks of that sord helmet/hydration bag tho.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Have a HPG tarahumara that I really wanted to like.  I think it works best as an add on to their larger packs for various reasons.  

Have the AWS knockoff of the eagle yote. Works great for the loads it’s intended for and maybe more than that. But just pony up and get the real Eagle version, AWS quality isn’t equal if anyone is weighing those two options.

Flat pack plus, it’s pretty self explanatory and also works well for its type of intended loads.  

I even have one of those OAF “96” packs.  Don’t judge me too harshly, that was before Ernie got outed etc.  it’s not a ruck but it’s certainly not a daypack either.  Decent for loading way too much and tossing in the trunk.

I use a GWA Citadel daily for work/personal use.  I wouldn’t consider it a tactical type of assault pack by any means but it’s quite useful.

Money pit for me too here.  If anyone would like pictures of any of these I’ll oblige.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Mine is a LBT 3Day V3.

Don't like it really at all. Doesn't carry well.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So here's a question for the masses. You get a small pack to EDC and or leave in your car, just in case. What do you put in it?
View Quote

This is an important question for this type of thread because it highlights the mis-understanding of what an assault pack is.

The assault pack wasn't originally designed to be a day pack like conventional forces bastardized it to. The assault pack was a small pack dedicated to short term direct action missions (later on evolved into the back panels you see today) tasked with carrying weird items such as breaching tools, medical gear, explosives, comm gear, pryo, and ammo. If room was left over you would see water thrown into the mix and maaaaaybe a snack if it was going to be a 'longer' DA style mission. When GWOT rolled around and we began doing shorter ranged security patrols the conventional forces wanted a smaller pack, saw the 'assault pack' and said "me too!" and basically turned the assault pack into a day pack revolving around short term sustainment.

@Lancelot for a day pack style thing, I keep food (mre and ration), water, signaling, clean wipes, medical, emergency blankets, illumination (candles, flashlights, and chemlights), laminated emergency cards (phone numbers, blood types, etc) some 550 cord, writing gear, and signalling panels in my wifes pack. The chances of her getting into a gun fight are much smaller than her losing control in a snow storm, sliding off the road, and getting stuck in a ditch with a disabled vehicle for extended periods.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So here's a question for the masses. You get a small pack to EDC and or leave in your car, just in case. What do you put in it?
View Quote

Just understand what you can leave in your car due to temperatures, hot or cold.  MREs do not store well in extreme hot or cold, and will not last very long in most cars.

I keep a temperature resistant food like freeze dried mountain house, which just needs water.  If i'm eating out of my car emergency bag I wont care if its cold.

I also keep a substantial first aid kit, which has to be checked periodically because things like seals and glues are temperature sensitive.  I keep a water filter and a 48oz nalgene of water, some dehydration salts, an emergency blanket, some chemlights, a rain jacket, some extra socks, a pair of gloves, and a headlamp with extra batteries.  I toss in a couple extra mags for my carry gun and a box or two of ammo as well.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This is an important question for this type of thread because it highlights the mis-understanding of what an assault pack is.

The assault pack wasn't originally designed to be a day pack like conventional forces bastardized it to. The assault pack was a small pack dedicated to short term direct action missions (later on evolved into the back panels you see today) tasked with carrying weird items such as breaching tools, medical gear, explosives, comm gear, pryo, and ammo. If room was left over you would see water thrown into the mix and maaaaaybe a snack if it was going to be a 'longer' DA style mission. When GWOT rolled around and we began doing shorter ranged security patrols the conventional forces wanted a smaller pack, saw the 'assault pack' and said "me too!" and basically turned the assault pack into a day pack revolving around short term sustainment.

@Lancelot for a day pack style thing, I keep food (mre and ration), water, signaling, clean wipes, medical, emergency blankets, illumination (candles, flashlights, and chemlights), laminated emergency cards (phone numbers, blood types, etc) some 550 cord, writing gear, and signalling panels in my wifes pack. The chances of her getting into a gun fight are much smaller than her losing control in a snow storm, sliding off the road, and getting stuck in a ditch with a disabled vehicle for extended periods.
View Quote

Really the assault pack was always a 24 hour pack, which the GWOT essentially stole and applied the term towards a HAF pack or E&E bag.  When we line out our team kits and provide input on replacements the assault pack is the 1500-3000ci 24 hour pack.  The smaller yote-sized bags are HAF bags.  The SPEAR assault packs (SATL and now the Blackjack 50) have been around 3000ci since the mid-2000's at least.  It's a bag that is capable of going with you on an assault versus having to establish an ORP and dump rucks.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#49]
I think folks need a smaller back panel style set-up (1 Liter of Water, Maybe a place for NODs and a couple of extra magazine) that fits within the footprint of your rear plate bag. I think folks also need the ability to set-up to a 24 hour pack.  I think folks need a three day pack after that and then you're getting into larger sustainment ruck.  If you had those three categories  covered I'd think you'd have the Holy Trinity of assault packs.  

I hate MOLLE attached back panels or zip-ons.  I think the Haley Strategic and Shaw Concepts piggyback style packs are the best attachment methods and then I think having packs that have interiors with velcro or that are set-up to hold in the contents as flat to the individual's back as possible is critical to keep everything from just falling to the bottom and sagging down, because the closer into the body and higher up on the back you can get that weight the easier it is to carry IMO.  How you pack the pack also makes a difference as well.

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone use the new-ish Mystery Ranch Raid 32. Thinking of picking one up when I get back into town. Kinda weighing my options as it isn't cheap. Then again what is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top