Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Also FYI,

Don't be tempted by this guy on GB below.  Spend the money with Ken at Specialized Armament (even though he isn't the easiest to buy from, cheapest vendor, and not the fastest to ship)

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=1600002

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/759683105

I bought from him, they were obviously not Colt parts (as confirmed by multiple folks here in a thread last year).  The seller then charged me a sizeable restocking fee to take his non-Colt parts back ($50ish) and was slow to refund my money.

I gave him an honest "D" rating on gunbroker and then he retaliated and gave me an "F" rating, because I had the gall to return his crappy mix-master non-Colt part (that were clearly not the ones in the picture of the auction)  and eat a huge restocking fee to return them.

Link Posted: 4/2/2018 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Substituting parts for Colt seems to be a fad these days. I paid good money for an all Colt upper & the taper pins were 0.068” shorter than the real Colt pins I had.

The swivel I paid to have installed wasn’t installed. The dumbass sent me a Palmetto State swivel and used rivet.

Used rivet tells me this dumbass doesn’t know squat about guns as rivets are “once-use” items, unless they’re re-heat treated.

He dismissed the Paletto State swivel ( a $3 part when I paid $30 for Colt OEM) as “Colt buys parts from other vendors all the time...”

I’m sure the short taper pins were real Colt, too.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top