Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2020 7:35:36 PM EDT
I am looking to sell the folding 870 I bought, I am never going to shoot it because the stock is so uncomfortable and I would rather have more free room in my safe.  I have seen places selling it from $900-$1600 in the last 3 months but I would like some input on here as to what to list it for.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#1]
We’ll they’ve made millions of them so they are not rare. Looks like your is an older police version in blue. Chrome bolt and folding stock. You can buy the stocks separately. Or you can take it off and put a regular stock on it. Around here you might get $500-$700 for it. Never seen one go for as high as you expect, but ya never know. If you extend the stock and shoot it you won’t want to do it again.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The ONG connection will command a premium because it is a well documented factory M870 “riot” version of the Mark 1 (not a put together). Less than 1300 of these are out in the wild. The folders made up about half of those. While it may be uncomfortable to shoot, they are collectible.

We all paid ~$250+Xfer from Sportsman’s Warehouse a couple years ago. They sold out in just a few hours. Since then, I have seen these guns flipped for anywhere from $500 to $1200 and everywhere in between.

If you left it in the original condition you received it from Sportsman’s Warehouse (hopefully you did) it will all depend on how fast you want to sell it. I think $750-$900 is realistic if you are willing to market it properly and wait for the right buyer. The problem is that everybody knows what you actually paid just a couple years ago and will want to start negotiating from there.

ETA- Honestly, if you are willing to hold onto it and wait for the man at the end of the rainbow, I’m sure you could get $1,000+
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I would not sell the ONG folder for less than 1k.

I've seen a folder go for 1600 already
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Look at Gunbroker and look at sold auctions with multiple bids. This is a solid indicator. remember the seller had fees involved and cleared a little less than the final price
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a beaut. If I didn't hate everything about Ohio, I'd make you an offer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m holding on to mine for now. If the right Garand came along, I might trade for it but who knows.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:34:43 AM EDT
[#7]
There’s a folder on Ohio Armslist for $900. It’s been for sale for several weeks now.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I paid $700 for the fixes stock version, and it was in similar condition to yours. Missed out on the Sportsmans sale; but being from Ohio, I was willing to,pay the premium.

For your folder, $850 would be a quick sell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top