Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dump1567:
I put 56 rounds of Wolf Gold through the "Tactical Tuna" today (are we calling it that?).  Being a lefty, I had it set-up for left ejection.  But soon realized I was ejecting into a mesquite bush that would make brass recovery difficult.  A quick push of the button, and I was ejecting to the right.  No issue with brass ejecting to the right as a lefty & was getting a 1 to 2 o'clock ejection pattern.  Recoil was a little more than expected.  I had one failure to eject with a brass case getting stuck between the bolt face and the front of the left side ejection port.  This left a permanent brass burn mark in the plastic (see pic).  Overall I like the rifle and appreciate the ambidextrousness of it as a lefty.

https://i.imgur.com/AocaGnT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vxnBqeW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/eod9zyq.jpg
View Quote

Did you have it set on the standard or non-standard gas setting when that happened?

The Italian ARX-160A3 is actually flared out in that area on both sides to somewhat prevent those types of hang ups.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By samuelsmithbeer:
Well hopefully someone here can help me out. Bought one in April thanks to this thread. I've maybe put 3-4 magazines through it. Decided to change to a different optic and was sighting it in today. While doing so I had what seems like a out of battery round go off. I've never had this in the 30+ years I've been shooting, it really woke me up. Face is cut up from the brass flying apart. ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GLASSES. I got home and disassembled the gun. The bolt just doesn't seem right but I can't find any detailed pictures online. Hopefully someone here can post some close ups of their bolt. I can't even get the bolt apart now, just seems odd it could get damaged where it is. Also the 2 rear springs, one is bent which doesn't seem right either. Not a fun day at the range.
View Quote

Sheesh, I haven't heard of something like this happing at all yet on any ARXs... I'd definitely be sending it in to get checked out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

Did you have it set on the standard or non-standard gas setting when that happened?

The Italian ARX-160A3 is actually flared out in that area on both sides to somewhat prevent those types of hang ups.
View Quote

I just checked.  It was in the "N" position.  What's recommended for Wolf .223?  I've heard MAC make reference to Wolf Gold actually being closer to 5.56 velocity.  Gun worked fine with the rest of the ammo, but with the distance of ejection, it might have been over gassed on this setting?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:21:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#4]

I just checked.  It was in the "N" position.  What's recommended for Wolf .223?  I've heard MAC make reference to Wolf Gold actually being closer to 5.56 velocity.  Gun worked fine with the rest of the ammo, but with the distance of ejection, it might have been over gassed on this setting?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yep, I'm thinking it was too over gassed in that setting and it cycled faster than it could kick out the spent shell casing.

Did the gas setting come set in that position? I noticed they started coming shipped that way back in 2018, where previously they came set to the "standard" setting out of the box.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Yep, I'm thinking it was too over gassed in that setting and it cycled faster than it could kick out the spent shell casing.

Did the gas setting come set in that position? I noticed they started coming shipped that way back in 2018, where previously they came set to the "standard" setting out of the box.
View Quote

Yep, mine came set at "N".  The manual states they're set at "S".  But mine sat on the gun shop wall for a few weeks.  Who knows how many people handled & played with it before I bought it.  I put it to S and will try that next time I take it out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one come from the dealer on "N" and he got it from BOTACH. It actually came with the two mags listed on the side of the box too.  I have only needed to set it to N for steel-cased Russian ammo, I believe it was Tula.  Same ammo worked just fine in the SBR set at the "S" setting.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Beretta ARX100 (ARX160) + TA31 ACOG (ACSS Aurora) to 500yds: Practical Accuracy
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFlINVe4U7M
View Quote

Dang! You beat me! I just came here to post this.

I was surprised by their review actually... I didn't think the ARX would make it past 100 yards.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#9]

I was surprised by their review actually... I didn't think the ARX would make it past 100 yards.
View All Quotes

Exactly why I try not to get hung up on group sizes, 2-3 moa is still the accepted mil standard more or less, and this proved it could easily make the hits if the trigger puller does their part. Not to mention he was using the factory...gross...trigger lol.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:13:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Exactly why I try not to get hung up on group sizes, 2-3 moa is still the accepted mil standard more or less, and this proved it could easily make the hits if the trigger puller does their part. Not to mention he was using the factory...gross...trigger lol.
View All Quotes

Did I miss what ammo he was using?

I'm mainly surprised because it's basically the same exact set up I have my 2nd ARX in (with the ACOG), and the best I could do was around 6 to 8 inches at best at 100 meters... I wasn't even able to get a decent sight in on the ACOG.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#11]

I'm mainly surprised because it's basically the same exact set up I have my 2nd ARX in (with the ACOG), and the best I could do was around 6 to 8 inches at best at 100 meters... I wasn't even able to get a decent sight in on the ACOG.
View All Quotes

55 grain Magtech.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By wreckless:

55 grain Magtech.

View Quote

Thanks! I hadn't gone back to watch the video a 2nd time yet to find out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Have you got any pictures to see the differences?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Firecop203:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Firecop203:

This is the best image of the flair at the front edge of the ejection port that I could find on a quick search.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice bayonet mount on the LEO Model
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Can't decide between this and the Keltec RDB. Those two are now on my shortlist, with the HK33K being a long term goal. I can't get both right now but having trouble deciding.

I know I know Keltec, but it's a good suppressor host and overall has proven to be worthy. On the other hand, the ARX is more or less battle proven but I would want to SBR it.

I was thinking though, if someone was handy with a 3D printer, a longer handguard wouldn't be all that difficult I don't think. Make the handguard slide/attach on the lower mounting part of the stock handguard. Make longer picatinny rails to "bridge the gap" on the sides. Maybe build a full length top rail (just punch out the old pins and remove old rail) to bridge the top gap. Sure you would probably lose access to gas settings, but with the barrel easily removed, I don't see this being an issue.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:53:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HellioN] [#17]
Got my parts from Beretta today.
Little disappointed with the oversized charging handle. It's polymer, for $20 I was hoping it would have been made out of metal.
The positive is that it just pops right on and is quite comfortable.
You do have to remove it to swap handed ness or to field strip the rifle. I could see it getting lost.
The bottom rail just slips right on and is held in place with a simple captured cross pin.

Now the question of the the .22 end cap.
First thing I notice is the package straight up says for the .22lr 160 only.
Haven't tried to actually install it yet, but I feel that I can confidentiality say it will fit.
The hinges look to be the same size and line up perfect.
The locking fingers also appear to be in the same spot.
The cap has a loop on the back for a sling.
The only difference I can see on the inside is the stock side has a pin that sticks out and the cap does not.
I don't think it will make any difference because you can fire the ARX with the stock folded.
Least far as I know, I've never actually tried it!

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:21:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HellioN] [#18]
Can't decide between this and the Keltec RDB. Those two are now on my shortlist, with the HK33K being a long term goal. I can't get both right now but having trouble deciding.
l easily removed, I don't see this being an issue.
View Quote

I actually have an RDB as well.
If you forced me to only have one it would be the ARX.
Don't get me wrong, the RDB is hekken sweet and I have zero regrets buying it.
Plus it seems the RDB actually has a small aftermarket for it whereas the ARX has a trigger, cheek rest, and what ever Beretta is making for it.
The ARX just comes off as more practical I guess.
That might just be that it's a more familiar shape and feel.
The obvious answer is get both!
But get the ARX first, mostly because they are currently harder to find and Kel-Tec is making RDBs as fast as they can sell them.
Beretta seems to just be pushing the ARX out in batches.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HellioN:

Plus it seems the RDB actually has a small aftermarket for it whereas the ARX has a trigger, cheek rest, and what ever Beretta is making for it.
But get the ARX first, mostly because they are currently harder to find and Kel-Tec is making RDBs as fast as they can sell them.
View All Quotes

@HellioN, that's a good way to look at it. Stupid me should have jumped at both when you get get both of them for around $1600 total....smh. Glad to hear you have an RDB and you enjoy it. Maybe I'll get the ARX first then and go ahead and F1 it and while I wait, pick up the RDB. But your reasoning or logic out things into perspective.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#20]
@HellioN, that's a good way to look at it. Stupid me should have jumped at both when you get get both of them for around $1600 total....smh. Glad to hear you have an RDB and you enjoy it. Maybe I'll get the ARX first then and go ahead and F1 it and while I wait, pick up the RDB. But your reasoning or logic out things into perspective.
View All Quotes

That's pretty much how I ended up with both.
Academy dumping the ARX at $799 then CDNN (iirc) dropped a load of RDBs for about the same price.
I ended up with a 40% coupon from Beretta and managed to score the sbr kit under $400, otherwise I wouldn't have done that.
Just to slide a little further OT I also managed to grab an NIB IWI Galil ACE in .308 for just under $1k because it had a blemish on it I still can't find to this day.
Anyway, that's my bragging quota for the month complete.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I hear ya, my brags this year are a $140 Colt Socom barrel (14.5), case of 9mm blazer brass for $180, and a KAC URX II 10.75" railed Stag upper with a battlecomp, bcg and ch for $675 shipped. That rail is probably worth closer to the price of the whole thing than it isn't. And truth be told, I only bought the upper to get the rail. I haven't really been looking for deals this year with the panic and still dealing with my divorce. With that said, I'll probably swoop up the ARX with Biden bux and then grab an RDB in the interim. I'm set on AR's, AK's, and just got my MP5 fix in. Wish I would have held onto my ACR, but it is what it is. Divorce required me to sell to pay my lawyer. It was worth it though in that regard. Slowly building my collection back up, but couldn't have came at a worse time with the panic and COVID.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:39:44 AM EDT
[#22]

This is the best image of the flair at the front edge of the ejection port that I could find on a quick search.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/IMAG0340.jpg
View Quote

With precision, that fwd bevel could be milled out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/IMAG0340.jpg

Well if you can manage to do the A3 large vent holes, I don't see why not.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#24]
On a manual machine?!? I don’t see how it could be done manually, but I’m no expert. Maybe clamp the front of the receiver with the tail up at an angle and using a ball end mill left to right?

I spent 10 hours cutting A3 vents in mine (I’m picky) and I almost wish I didn’t see that pic.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:29:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#25]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
On a manual machine?!? I don’t see how it could be done manually, but I’m no expert. Maybe clamp the front of the receiver with the tail up at an angle and using a ball end mill left to right?

I spent 10 hours cutting A3 vents in mine (I’m picky) and I almost wish I didn’t see that pic.
View Quote

The most interesting thing about the ARX-160A3 to me is the rippled bolt face... I'm not sure what that's about.

Go scroll down in this link until you see it. > Link. For some reason I can't copy and paste the image.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I have both also, and I’ve SBR’d my ARX100.  The ARX is a cool gun, but it it terrible to shoot suppressed, and I rarely shoot anything unsuppressed now. For that reason, my ARX mostly sits in my safe, and that’s the same reason I’d go with the RDB. It is a pleasure to shoot suppressed. I bought my RDB from Palmetto State Armory a couple of years ago when they were blowing them out for $700. Got my ARX from Academy st $799. The good ole days.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#27]

The most interesting thing about the ARX-160A3 to me is the rippled bolt face... I'm not sure what that's about.

Go scroll down in this link until you see it. > Link. For some reason I can't copy and paste the image.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

This image?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14121/boltface_jpg-1846164.JPG

This image?

That's the one... Not sure why it wouldn't copy and paste for me?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By funkeruski:

I have both also, and I’ve SBR’d my ARX100.  The ARX is a cool gun, but it it terrible to shoot suppressed, and I rarely shoot anything unsuppressed now. For that reason, my ARX mostly sits in my safe, and that’s the same reason I’d go with the RDB. It is a pleasure to shoot suppressed. I bought my RDB from Palmetto State Armory a couple of years ago when they were blowing them out for $700. Got my ARX from Academy st $799. The good ole days.
View Quote

I had a RDB, and while it was certainly not unpleasant suppressed, the standard one didn't do much for me. It worked fine, but I want to handle one of the Survival models to see how it feels. No one stocks it locally though!

I did give up on silencing my ARX100, but I do find it quite fun to shoot so it gets more range time than otherwise. I'm shooting it at an indoor range with other shooters around, so it's not as important that it's not silent.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:43:58 PM EDT
[#30]
My FDE SBR was approved today! Appx. 300 days since the check was cashed.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By sdrake100:
My FDE SBR was approved today! Appx. 300 days since the check was cashed.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/274532/PXL_20210327_022232111_3_jpg-1881368.JPG

View Quote
That's awesome! Congrats on finally being told you can exercise your 2A.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:
Beretta has the SBR kit in stock for $560, the guys that bought the 10.5" barrels at Botach for $799 are gonna shit kittens if they see that.
Still too steep for me, $760 to sbr a $900 gun isn't going to happen for me.
View Quote

It’s not a $900 gun, it’s a $1600 gun that got put on deep discount for a while.

Also, even over the last year Beretta dropped coupon codes. Get on their mailing list and you’ll eventually get the barrel under $400
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I’m not sure why the gun has this rep of being terrible suppressed. I have no issues with mine suppressed using a YHM ULT
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

It’s not a $900 gun, it’s a $1600 gun that got put on deep discount for a while.

Also, even over the last year Beretta dropped coupon codes. Get on their mailing list and you’ll eventually get the barrel under $400
View Quote

I am on the mailing list and it is not a $1600 gun if I paid $900, it's a $900 gun until I sell it for more, and paying $800 for a barrel just to SBR it is stupid.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#35]

I’m not sure why the gun has this rep of being terrible suppressed. I have no issues with mine suppressed using a YHM ULT
View Quote

SBR or 16 inch barrel?  I guess I could put the regular barrel back on and that would make it more tolerable suppressed, but this gun looks retarded with the 16 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#36]

SBR or 16 inch barrel?  I guess I could put the regular barrel back on and that would make it more tolerable suppressed, but this gun looks retarded with the 16 inch barrel.
View Quote

Cut it down to 14.5".

Reduces barrel whip also.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Any place still have a cheek riser available for the ARX 100?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:40:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By jtb33:
View Quote

You could try getting hold of arxcheekrisers on ebay.
Dude is the only one making them far as I know.
It's where I got mine.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:47:31 AM EDT
[#39]
I put 56 rounds of Wolf Gold through the "Tactical Tuna" today (are we calling it that?).
View Quote

I call it that sometimes.
Other times I call it the "combat carp".
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:52:19 AM EDT
[#40]

It's where I got mine.
View All Quotes

It's where I got mine.
I found him here.  Username "LOS".  
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:03:10 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes

It's where I got mine.

I'm pretty sure it's the same dude.
Cool either way.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#42]

Cool either way.
View All Quotes

It's where I got mine.

Cool either way.

Affirmative. I am that dude. :).
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#43]
ARX 100 owners - can you chime in on my question here...  just want to know if this is normal, or if I have a problem:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Bought-a-used-Beretta-ARX100-and-have-a-couple-questions--barrel-not-symmetrical-/2-523871/?page=1
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I have two SBRs and two standards.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:42:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Beretta ARX 100 In stock here:

https://grabagun.com/beretta-jxr11600-arx100-223-rfl-30rd.html
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Subject
Availability of Beretta ARX100 5.56mm 10.25” SBR Kit

It looks like that kit is not available currently, and we do not have an ETA as to when or if it will be offered on our website.

We thank you for choosing Beretta.

The above is what Beretta USA sent when I asked about the 10.25 in barrels for the ARX.  The barrels and magazines for the ARX are off of their website.  Only the lower rail and enlarged charging handle show up.  
"when or if" does not give me much faith in Beretta USA
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Uys:
Subject

It looks like that kit is not available currently, and we do not have an ETA as to when or if it will be offered on our website.

The above is what Beretta USA sent when I asked about the 10.25 in barrels for the ARX.  The barrels and magazines for the ARX are off of their website.  Only the lower rail and enlarged charging handle show up.  
View Quote

They only do a few runs a year.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Uys:
Subject

Yeah.
I'd say of you find it, just buy it.
I don't think it's dead-dead, but it's starting to feel like it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Found some
View Quote

Not interested at that price point.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top