User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ftierson:

Well, yes, but... 

For an AR, you slap on a new upper with the optic/sights already sighted in...

For the ARX100, well, not...

'Remembering' earlier settings will help (somewhat), but we're not talking the same thing...

Forrest

View Quote

The difference is between carrying 1.8 rifles vs 1.  The single concession is mounted optics don't need to be rezero'ed with 2 distinct, outfitted uppers.  But otherwise, I'm GTG with irons.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

What is superior is quote objective...just like optics...really any thing in this world...
View Quote

I wouldn't go that far. An ARX is superior to a Brown Bess. A Nightforce is superior to an NCStar. In terms of switching calibers, an AR is superior to an ARX; an ARX barrel costs more than an entire AR upper. Unless you plan on keeping the optic and "adjusting", you're still going to need two optics.

Outside of switching calibers, how much does an AR bolt carrier cost vs. an ARX bolt carrier?

I love my ARX, but if I had the choice of one, it would definitely be an AR.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I want something OTHER than an AR15!

Spoilers: ARX100, CZ Bren2, SIG MCX, GALIL Ace. Picks the SIG overall.
I think the ARX100 is the only one (currently) under $1500?

Of course, an AR15 at $500 is enough for most folks, but we're not limited to one gun so keep buying!
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NightOwl:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mMrfSEWURI

Spoilers: ARX100, CZ Bren2, SIG MCX, GALIL Ace. Picks the SIG overall.
I think the ARX100 is the only one (currently) under $1500?

Of course, an AR15 at $500 is enough for most folks, but we're not limited to one gun so keep buying!
View Quote

The whole reason I got an ARX was wanting a non-AR that I didn't have to buy different ammo or mags for and didn't cost an arm and a leg. No brainer.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 1:02:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Uys] [#5]
The whole reason I SBR'd my ARX was that it was like an AR, insofar that my dumb a$$ can be the maker and change it out.  It's easy to swap out an upper on an AR or swap out the barrel and gas system on the ARX.  Between my SBR'd ARX and my SBR'd AR I prefer the ARX since it is a smaller package with the stock folded.  My AR can be taken down into two smaller parts for storage or transport, I like that too.  
I have a set of sights and optic sighted in for my 16 in ARX barrel and a set of sights and optic on the ARX with the 10.5 barrel installed.  I have my 16 in AR upper with the sights and optics ready to go too.  It would take me an extra few minutes to get the ARX back in action with a barrel swap.  What they both have in common is that neither has gotten used since I got the stamps back.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

The whole reason I got an ARX was wanting a non-AR that I didn't have to buy different ammo or mags for and didn't cost an arm and a leg. No brainer.
View Quote

Hard to argue with that...

Well, after you already have 'enough' ARs, of course, but I'm sure that goes without saying...

Forrest

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
$1k off MSRP made a believer out of me, love it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Of course, an AR15 at $500 is enough for most folks, but we're not limited to one gun so keep buying!
View Quote

lol

“I want something other than an AR”

Picks an AR
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Frost7:

lol

“I want something other than an AR”

Picks an AR
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Frost7:

lol

“I want something other than an AR”

Picks an AR

Basically. IIRC the sig upper will work on a standard AR lower, it just looks weird.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HellioN:

Basically. IIRC the sig upper will work on a standard AR lower, it just looks weird. 
View Quote

They had some hybrids, the upper works on the lower with the assistance of a little lug thingee that fits on the back via the buffer tube. I got one in 300blk for my already SBR'd AR15 in 300blk that had more gas blowback than I liked. Then I tried it, and the damn MCX has even more gas in face than an AR15!

The main problem with SIG is they're constantly changing things, so the MCX you get might be discontinued and replaced before they even finish accessories for it.

The problem with the Beretta ARX100 of course, is that they never change anything and still don't make any of the accessories for it...

I guess maybe try CZ for actual supported guns? :-p
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#11]

The whole reason I got an ARX was wanting a non-AR that I didn't have to buy different ammo or mags for and didn't cost an arm and a leg. No brainer.
View All Quotes

I got an ARX, but am considering selling it now...……….its a nice gun, but my interests are elsewhere
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#12]
is the arx extinct from the gun store the next FS2000?
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#13]
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867974569

Beretta manual for the .22 lr ARX160 rifle - must be very sought after.  I have seen a used rifle for that price.  It is original.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By nmichlig:
is the arx extinct from the gun store the next FS2000?
View Quote

Reminds me of the demise of the CX4, Beretta says they didn't stop making it but if you live in the US you are SOL.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:47:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#15]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:

Reminds me of the demise of the CX4, Beretta says they didn't stop making it but if you live in the US you are SOL.
View Quote

Yeah but they haven't stopped making it. It appears they just do a run here and there rather than continuous production.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 3:23:03 AM EDT
[#16]
i think its done . . . .
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 5:16:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

Yeah but they haven't stopped making it. It appears they just do a run here and there rather than continuous production.
View Quote

I know, that's why I specified "US"
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:21:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#18]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:

I know, that's why I specified "US"
View Quote

The ARX is 100% built in the US.

Hell, they just released a batch last month through multiple retailers and distributors and they were gone fast.

Beretta seems to be getting the message that their prices are too high and that they're the outsider trying to work their way back in. Dropping the price on the ARX and doing aggressive pricing on the APX has helped them move those guns. The APX at $329 is the best deal for a new non-blue label combat handgun on the market, and it's a hell of a pistol.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#19]

The ARX is 100% built in the US.

Hell, they just released a batch last month through multiple retailers and distributors and they were gone fast. 

Beretta seems to be getting the message that their prices are too high and that they're the outsider trying to work their way back in. Dropping the price on the ARX and doing aggressive pricing on the APX has helped them move those guns. The APX at $329 is the best deal for a new non-blue label combat handgun on the market, and it's a hell of a pistol.
View Quote

True...

And if you get the Italian made full-size APX, you'll have a hell of a gun...

Forrest

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ftierson:

True...

And if you get the Italian made full-size APX, you'll have a hell of a gun... 

Forrest

View Quote

Blue Label/Retail Employee pricing on the base APX is 40% off the MSRP of $399...$240.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Kind of off-topic, but has Beretta ever made any mention about bringing their PMX submachinegun over for civilian sales?  I figure at this point we won't see the ARX200, but was wondering if they've ever talked about the PMX?

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Beretta has never said anything, but then they generally don't say anything about anything really. I wouldn't hold my breath since they seem happy with the CX4, but I'd love them to do it as like a ACX9 to match my APX and ARX. :)
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:43:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#24]
Didn't Beretta license the design from B&T?  I bet the royalties on it are probably priced like most other Swiss things, and they may have chucked usage limitations into the contract, like stipulating it was only to be sold to LE/MIL buyers.  I wouldn't count on it.  Plus the fudds that drive Beretta USA try really hard to pretend the non-fudd stuff doesn't exist and smother the things that are too tacti-cool like the ARX.

It also looks like a Tec-9 gussied up in an ATI stock.  I just can't get past that in my head.

I'd rather see more regular availability of the Cx4.  Focus on the 92/96-series versions for 9 and .40, and give us a .45 ACP version that takes mag that isn't limited to 8 rounds.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
Plus the fudds that drive Beretta USA try really hard to pretend the non-fudd stuff doesn't exist and smother the things that are too tacti-cool like the ARX.
View Quote

They marketed the M9A3 well enough that you couldn't find one on a shelf for several years, and even though it hasn't really picked up a lot of steam, they devoted a lot of marketing to the APX.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#26]

They marketed the M9A3 well enough that you couldn't find one on a shelf for several years, and even though it hasn't really picked up a lot of steam, they devoted a lot of marketing to the APX.
View All Quotes
Plus the fudds that drive Beretta USA try really hard to pretend the non-fudd stuff doesn't exist and smother the things that are too tacti-cool like the ARX.

They marketed the M9A3 well enough that you couldn't find one on a shelf for several years, and even though it hasn't really picked up a lot of steam, they devoted a lot of marketing to the APX.

Yes, I should have qualified that a bit more.

The 92-series is the feather in their cap and basically the reason we have a Beretta USA to complain about.  Even then, the launch of the M9A3 seemed to be full of “we aren’t shipping those yet” denials from BUSA when they were in dealers’ hands.

I was speaking more towards the tactical longarms like the ARX, Cx4, or even the 1301 Tactical series shotguns.  So much wasted potential with those lines while they endlessly iterate on hunting shotguns.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
Kind of off-topic, but has Beretta ever made any mention about bringing their PMX submachinegun over for civilian sales?  I figure at this point we won't see the ARX200, but was wondering if they've ever talked about the PMX?

https://www.berettadefensetechnologies.com/sites/default/files/styles/product_large_horizontal/public/content/products/pmx-smg-4.png
View Quote

Looks like a Beretta M12 with a facelift, which would be awesome. I’ve always liked the 12.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Yes, I should have qualified that a bit more. 

The 92-series is the feather in their cap and basically the reason we have a Beretta USA to complain about.  Even then, the launch of the M9A3 seemed to be full of “we aren’t shipping those yet” denials from BUSA when they were in dealers’ hands.

I was speaking more towards the tactical longarms like the ARX, Cx4, or even the 1301 Tactical series shotguns.  So much wasted potential with those lines while they endlessly iterate on hunting shotguns.
View Quote

I mean there's not much more to do with the 1301 - they have the 21" iron sights, 21" vent rib, and 24" vent rib. Pretty much covers it all. CX4 saw its heyday back when Battlestar Galactica was on TV.

The ARX seems to sell really well at the 800-900 price mark, I suspect we will see batches of them every few months. But no matter how much they spend Americanizing that gun, people won't buy it because either it's not an AR-15 or because it looks like a pregnant guppy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:07:44 AM EDT
[#29]

I mean there's not much more to do with the 1301 - they have the 21" iron sights, 21" vent rib, and 24" vent rib. Pretty much covers it all. CX4 saw its heyday back when Battlestar Galactica was on TV. 

The ARX seems to sell really well at the 800-900 price mark, I suspect we will see batches of them every few months. But no matter how much they spend Americanizing that gun, people won't buy it because either it's not an AR-15 or because it looks like a pregnant guppy.
View Quote

The ARX is one of those guns where you just have to shoot it to realize how good it is.  It's ugly as hell but the ergonomics are pretty good, it's fully ambi, and it shoots really good.  I always compare it to the Benelli Vinci.  The Vinci is ugly as hell but it has exceptional ergonomics and shoots almost as smooth as my Beretta autoloaders.  The in-line inertia system in the Vinci has a totally different feel than Benelli's standard inertia operation.  It's much smoother shooting which is strange for an inertia gun, and the action just feels nicer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#30]

The ARX is one of those guns where you just have to shoot it to realize how good it is.  It's ugly as hell but the ergonomics are pretty good, it's fully ambi, and it shoots really good.  I always compare it to the Benelli Vinci.  The Vinci is ugly as hell but it has exceptional ergonomics and shoots almost as smooth as my Beretta autoloaders.  The in-line inertia system in the Vinci has a totally different feel than Benelli's standard inertia operation.  It's much smoother shooting which is strange for an inertia gun, and the action just feels nicer.
View Quote

I think your statement summarizes just about every Beretta product that's not a sporting shotgun.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Kind of off-topic, but has Beretta ever made any mention about bringing their PMX submachinegun over for civilian sales?  I figure at this point we won't see the ARX200, but was wondering if they've ever talked about the PMX?

https://www.berettadefensetechnologies.com/sites/default/files/styles/product_large_horizontal/public/content/products/pmx-smg-4.png
View Quote

My guess is Beretta isn't doing the math that people want PCCs/Pistols.  I do like the PM12 lines of that and would buy one if it came out.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 7:34:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cherenkov] [#32]

The ARX is one of those guns where you just have to shoot it to realize how good it is.  It's ugly as hell but the ergonomics are pretty good, it's fully ambi, and it shoots really good.  I always compare it to the Benelli Vinci.  The Vinci is ugly as hell but it has exceptional ergonomics and shoots almost as smooth as my Beretta autoloaders.  The in-line inertia system in the Vinci has a totally different feel than Benelli's standard inertia operation.  It's much smoother shooting which is strange for an inertia gun, and the action just feels nicer.
View Quote

It does have exceptional ergonomics - Except they distorted that by making those two irremovable rails in the forearm that disrupt the smooth comfortable lines that seem to be the original chassis.  They need to make those as removable.  To me and my preferred hold (without a vertical fore grip) would be to hold where those two Catfish-Pectoral-Spikes they call rail sections.  

Inspiration for the ARX Lines was a Channel Catfish (Not Guppie) which is why we have the stinging side rails.  Still love my ARX.  It doesn't get the respect it deserves which is why I think its I'm r buying more of them for the collection

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

My guess is Beretta isn't doing the math that people want PCCs/Pistols.  I do like the PM12 lines of that and would buy one if it came out.
View Quote

Anything cool is going to have to be set up to manufactured stateside to get around the 89 import law. So unless Beretta has plans to sell SMGs to PDs here, probably not going to happen.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:44:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Didn't Beretta license the design from B&T?  I bet the royalties on it are probably priced like most other Swiss things, and they may have chucked usage limitations into the contract, like stipulating it was only to be sold to LE/MIL buyers. 
View All Quotes
Didn't Beretta license the design from B&T?  I bet the royalties on it are probably priced like most other Swiss things, and they may have chucked usage limitations into the contract, like stipulating it was only to be sold to LE/MIL buyers. 

From what I recall, Beretta bought the B&T 26 design outright, so B&T doesn't make them anymore and Beretta can make all they want. But, since that was internet-info, it could be wildly wrong. :)

It also looks like a Tec-9 gussied up in an ATI stock.

Well, I mean, to be fair it IS... The B&T is an evolution of the KG9, which separately became the KG99, then Tec9, then AB10. Of course, like many things, quality went to hell when America made it cheaper.
I always thought it interesting that Kelgren, from Grendel/ Keltec, was the KG9 designer.

More important, how the fuck does Beretta need to buy/ license a blowback operated SMG design!!!

I could design one! They even already had some! The idea still confuses me. I can only assume the Italian military wanted the B&T but wanted to buy it from Beretta, but even then why get the cheapest design they could find?

Originally Posted By glklvr:
Anything cool is going to have to be set up to manufactured stateside to get around the 89 import law. So unless Beretta has plans to sell SMGs to PDs here, probably not going to happen.

They could import it as a pistol if they wanted.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Anything cool is going to have to be set up to manufactured stateside to get around the 89 import law. So unless Beretta has plans to sell SMGs to PDs here, probably not going to happen.
View Quote

There's plenty of pistols being imported without problems.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 1888mustang:
https://i.imgur.com/Cbocl6e.jpg
View Quote
Did you have trouble mounting the silencer on the barrel?Did the barrel have enough of a shoulder? if not did you use the spacer from the original flash hider?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:57:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Stamp came back.

Now I have two spare 16” barrels lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 5:14:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
Stamp came back.

Now I have two spare 16" barrels lol

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/147241/429FA76C-77E4-403F-844D-D6CD90F7D551_jpe-1423178.JPG
View Quote
Cut one to 14.5 and another to 12.5 maybe
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
Stamp came back.

Now I have two spare 16" barrels lol

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/147241/429FA76C-77E4-403F-844D-D6CD90F7D551_jpe-1423178.JPG
View Quote
Thats Titty sprinkles!!

I have been watching for an FDE rifle for a while now, all that seems to show up are the SBR's.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ak47Dennis:
Thats Titty sprinkles!! 

I have been watching for an FDE rifle for a while now, all that seems to show up are the SBR's.
View Quote

Yeah. I am so not wanting to wait on a form 4 to come back. Form 1's seem to go through pretty smoothly.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Nothing earth shattering in ARX world, but I recently had the Shooting Sight ARX 2 stage trigger installed.  It makes it a lot more fun to shoot.  It was OK before, but I just couldn't get used to the stock trigger.  I know it's been discussed here, but if someone has an ARX and hasn't gotten the trigger upgrade, I'd recommend it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:49:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By tripleoption:
Nothing earth shattering in ARX world, but I recently had the Shooting Sight ARX 2 stage trigger installed.  It makes it a lot more fun to shoot.  It was OK before, but I just couldn't get used to the stock trigger.  I know it's been discussed here, but if someone has an ARX and hasn't gotten the trigger upgrade, I'd recommend it.
View Quote

How difficult is the Shooting Sight trigger to install compared to an AR15 trigger?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:48:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Lowflight:

How difficult is the Shooting Sight trigger to install compared to an AR15 trigger?
View Quote

I had a gunsmith at a local shop do it.  I didn't have any good tools to use, and really didn't trust myself anyways.  The guy that did it for me had never done an ARX trigger before, but said it was fairly easy, a bit tricky in places, and that he only had to curse a couple times while putting it in.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#44]
I've done two, they're not hard.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#45]
I put one in, sitting on my basement floor, with poor lighting. Took me about 25 minutes. I've worked on worse, I've worked on easier. The online videos help.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Where's the best place to get an ARX Nowadays?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:10:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#47]
Originally Posted By tripleoption:

I had a gunsmith at a local shop do it.  I didn't have any good tools to use, and really didn't trust myself anyways.  The guy that did it for me had never done an ARX trigger before, but said it was fairly easy, a bit tricky in places, and that he only had to curse a couple times while putting it in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tripleoption:
Originally Posted By Lowflight:

How difficult is the Shooting Sight trigger to install compared to an AR15 trigger?

It’s easy as pie if you’ve installed triggers before. If you’ve never worked on a trigger, which was me when I did my ARX, it can be a bit difficult but it’s honestly not that bad. Once I’d done it once it was extremely easy to do again.

One thing though: FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS, BUY THIS TOOL FIRST

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/rifle-tools/bolt-tools/dissassembly-tools/bolt-catch-pin-punch-prod26484.aspx

The safety roll pin is located so close to the body of the receiver it’s a bitch to get out without marring anything with a regular punch. I scratched the shit out of my ARX the first time I installed the SS trigger.

That Brownells bolt catch pin punch is flattened out exactly where it needs to be to be perfect for the safety’s roll pin. My second install using that punch, you’d never know the factory didn’t do it from looking inside.

EDIT: Fuck’s sake, changed the link to code since the site’s autolink keeps destroying the link.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Finally got out to range with my FDE SBR and the Helix 556, holy shit this thing is the real deal, I did not get even the slightest whiff of gas, buddy was about 10 feet away said he saw all the gas go downrange. I love this can.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Finally got out to range with my FDE SBR and the Helix 556, holy shit this thing is the real deal, I did not get even the slightest whiff of gas, buddy was about 10 feet away said he saw all the gas go downrange. I love this can.
View Quote

Good to hear! I was thinking that OSS suppressors would be the way to go!
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Good to hear that.  I have been wanting to hear what people thought of the OSS line on rifles like the ARX.  Wish the didn't use proprietary muzzle devices though.  I have a 16" and 10.5".   I got one because I really like Beretta stuff and it was on sale at Academy.  After shooting the 16" I found it fit me well.  I have a SS trigger but have not installed it yet hopefully it will let me shoot it better.  I also like the fact that I can switch out the barrel easy.  Too bad spare parts are so dang expensive.  Beretta is really falling down on that part.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top