BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 12:37:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GR00VYJERRY:
I have a couple questions about this rifle. Is the stock removable? Second, are there metal or aluminum inserts in the upper for the bcg to slide along?
View Quote
The stock is removable but probably not easily, it is held to the hinge on the upper receiver by a very long roll pin. The rails that the bolt carrier rides along are polymer and I don't think that they contain any metal inserts.

Someone really needs to do an x-ray of the ARX upper receiver.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 4:12:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Anybody know if Battlefield Vegas or anyone similar has put really high round counts on one yet?

@HendersonDefense
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MiG-21:
Anybody know if Battlefield Vegas or anyone similar has put really high round counts on one yet?

@HendersonDefense
View Quote
+1

Would also like to know.  We know the actual Italian military guns have been evaluated for durability and higher round counts to satisfy a modern military, however this is made on a different US production line.  One would expect manufacturing to be very similar, but you never know.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#4]

@HendersonDefense
View Quote
I know MAC has stated he has thousands of rounds through his ARX100...most of it through suppressed use without a single issue...and he has yet to clean it.

The fact that it made it so far into the French rifle bid (and was the favorite among soldiers) was a good testament of its durability...HK mostly won that bid because HK needs revenue bad right now and the EU can't afford an iconic brand like HK to go bankrupt.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 2:59:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sjoerdvan] [#5]
Shooting sight has the trigger available as of now. Just received an email that they are up. Just ordered 1
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Good deal. I was going to as well but this factory 2-stage trigger will do just fine for me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 3:41:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Good deal. I was going to as well but this factory 2-stage trigger will do just fine for me.
View Quote
I too like the stock trigger (bought in May, 2018)- heard some of the earlier ones were rough though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BrotherPitbull:
Email from Beretta today, saying my bottom rail has been shipped and is on the way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BrotherPitbull:
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Originally Posted By MMcCall:
Originally Posted By mdavis:

My guess is they had about 10 of them. Ridiculous.
I tried to order within an hour of getting the email, and I was denied as well.
I just ordered 2 ea. of the rail & CH extension today, so they're restocking them.
Email from Beretta today, saying my bottom rail has been shipped and is on the way.
Still in stock-just ordered one, CH, a holster for the APX, and a bobcat magazine.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know how much longer they are on sale for at Academy?
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I know MAC has stated he has thousands of rounds through his ARX100...most of it through suppressed use without a single issue...and he has yet to clean it.

The fact that it made it so far into the French rifle bid (and was the favorite among soldiers) was a good testament of its durability...HK mostly won that bid because HK needs revenue bad right now and the EU can't afford an iconic brand like HK to go bankrupt.
View All Quotes

@HendersonDefense

Link? Everything I've been able to find on the French rifle tests is written like "Hurr derp! HK, HK,HK is the best thing ever!"
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#11]
They were on sale through August 12. However, on the 13th they were price dropped to $799. It looks like their new regular price.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Benched my ARX100 the other day. Shooting PPU 75 grain HPBT match ammo. Average of three 5-shot groups came out to 2.5"
Not great. Not bad. I think the bigger issue holding the gun back from being more accurate was that I was using a 2MOA Aimpoint PRO red dot at 100 yards lol.

Need to get a real scope on there to actually measure groups.

On another topic, has anyone noticed any rotational play or wiggle between the barrel and the upper receiver?
Mine seems to rotate/wiggle. Should I be concerned?

Also has anyone checked the return to zero of the quick change barrel system?

Any news on 300blk kits?
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Link? Everything I've been able to find on the French rifle tests is written like "Hurr derp! HK, HK,HK is the best thing ever!"
View Quote
Google it. You can find some bits here and there if you can read between the lines.

HK has been in huge financial problems...French award was a big saving grace. If you don’t think there was German mega EU influence on it...they have fooled you good.

I am not discrediting the 416...it is a heck of a setup.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By precisionphilosophy:
Benched my ARX100 the other day. Shooting PPU 75 grain HPBT match ammo. Average of three 5-shot groups came out to 2.5"
Not great. Not bad. I think the bigger issue holding the gun back from being more accurate was that I was using a 2MOA Aimpoint PRO red dot at 100 yards lol.

Need to get a real scope on there to actually measure groups.

On another topic, has anyone noticed any rotational play or wiggle between the barrel and the upper receiver?
Mine seems to rotate/wiggle. Should I be concerned?

Also has anyone checked the return to zero of the quick change barrel system?

Any news on 300blk kits?
View Quote
The wiggle is inherent to the QD barrel and it’s ok.

2.5” out of PPU 75gr ammo is not bad. Try 69gr. I’ve see these guns favor 70gr or less and they do decent with 62gr.

My rule of thumb on non match guns is 4 MOA. As long as I am within that...I am happy. For semi 308, my rule is 3 MOA.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad to hear the wiggle isn't a problem!

Now that I'm confident on that I'm getting more excited for the barrel chop.

I'll definitely try a broader range of ammunition, but I really want to do group testing with a magnified optic first.

Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By treasurediver:
They were on sale through August 12. However, on the 13th they were price dropped to $799. It looks like their new regular price.
View Quote
Awesome!
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine has some rotational wiggle as well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I asked Beretta about that when I bought my first ARX100 back in 2015...they stated it was normal and no need to worry...they allow some "play" in the QD system.

Now they did advise me NOT to install/remove muzzle devices in the gun...which made sense since we don't have a ARX100 compatible "reaction rod"...they advised to take the barrel out, vise and do the work.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#19]
I think if someone came out with an aftermarket magwell that was flared, and would take other grips it would be a huge seller...
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Just file down the A2 finger nub and there is no need for an aftermarket grip.

I sanded mine down to a small hump and also sanded the side aggressive checkering...very comfy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#21]

I sanded mine down to a small hump and also sanded the side aggressive checkering...very comfy.
View Quote
Bigger magwell would be nice too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
Is the 'nub' hollow inside? I hate it and want to sand it down as well, but I'm worried about hitting a void.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:47:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#23]

Is the 'nub' hollow inside? I hate it and want to sand it down as well, but I'm worried about hitting a void.
View Quote
I have it sanded where there is a slight curved nub...like an ergo suregrip....I have not hit anything hollow....but if you leave 1/8 of the nub...like I did...its ticket...perfect fit.

Here is a pic of my rig:

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Previous owner of mine sanded the nub. There is no void!

Originally Posted By storminnorman:
I think if someone came out with an aftermarket magwell that was flared, and would take other grips it would be a huge seller...
View Quote
Yeah an aftermarket lower with better aesthetics, that could take AR grips, and that had a slight magwell flare would be well received!

I asked Beretta about that when I bought my first ARX100 back in 2015...they stated it was normal and no need to worry...they allow some "play" in the QD system.

Now they did advise me NOT to install/remove muzzle devices in the gun...which made sense since we don't have a ARX100 compatible "reaction rod"...they advised to take the barrel out, vise and do the work.
View Quote
Originally Posted By drjaydvm:
Mine has some rotational wiggle as well.
View Quote
Thanks for the input guys. Good to know that the rotational play in the QD system is not a problem!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#25]

I have it sanded where there is a slight curved nub...like an ergo suregrip....I have not hit anything hollow....but if you leave 1/8 of the nub...like I did...its ticket...perfect fit.

Here is a pic of my rig:

https://i.imgur.com/GSHXhge.jpg
View Quote
Thanks for posting the pic. Definitely looks more comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Google it. You can find some bits here and there if you can read between the lines.

HK has been in huge financial problems...French award was a big saving grace. If you don’t think there was German mega EU influence on it...they have fooled you good.

I am not discrediting the 416...it is a heck of a setup.
View Quote
I've "Googled it" & not located a single reference WRT Francais troop preference for the ARX.  In fact, the 2 remaining submissions after the last downselect were from FN & HK.  Where are you getting your info from?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:55:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cherenkov] [#27]
I am toying around with the idea of chopping my ARX100 to 12.75" and use a HK G28 flash hider or 13.7" with a BE Meyers 249F
View Quote
I ordered a G28 Flash hider and will try the 12.75"+G28 before an SBR.

I can always cut  it again if I decide to SBR at 10.5"

Will post pics of how it looks
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Nice. Let me know. That is what I want to do as well...you can now be the guinea pig....let me us know how it also functions. Excited to see this.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 9:01:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Can't wait to see it, but I'm curious: What's the goal of using the G28 vs the BE Meyers? You're giving up an inch of barrel for the same overall length. And in either case it's not like you are trying to move the mount base for a suppressor further down.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 10:28:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AKDoc] [#30]
Definitely want to see how this turns out. I am doing form 1 on my FDE ARX and just got my botach factory sbr sent to my dealer. Might be cool to pin and weld my other one if this works out. Would take some weight off the end ofthe barrel and maybe help make gun even lighter. I did notice the SBR barrels are fairly thick and actually feel almost as heavy as 16 inch thinner barrels to me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

@HendersonDefense

You wouldn’t know it to look at their stock price. HK is fucking German NVIDIA... from 5 Euros per share to 195 Euros in two years. If you put an MR556 worth into HK stock two years ago it’d be over $100,000 now.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 3:34:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#32]
HK is neck deep in debt...just like Tesla...the French contract was their saving grace...hence why I said...you have to come full circle and understand why HK was chosen. It was not purely based on performance alone.

But their stock is extremely limited in release...I do not think its even 1% issued...their credit rating has been downgraded from B to C recently as well.

Here is a good read on the situation with HK: Click Me and Click Here

However, if we need to talk about HK...we need to do in another thread in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#33]
HK is neck deep in debt...just like Tesla...the French contract was their saving grace...hence why I said...you have to come full circle and understand why HK was chosen. It was not purely based on performance alone.

But their stock is extremely limited in release...I do not think its even 1% issued...their credit rating has been downgraded from B to C recently as well.

However, if we need to talk about HK...we need to do in another thread in my opinion.
View Quote
maybe Ron Cohen can pull HK out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Is the correct way with Bayonet mount above or below?  Sees like google search for images yeilds two configs?

I found a Chi-Talian Bayonet
" />
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Went to pick one up tonight at Academy but it was far to marked up from all the morons handling it for me. I'll have to check another store...
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
Too bad, the make some cool guns. If they would just release them to the public. I would be down for a few g36 variants
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 2:46:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Extrema Ratio makes badass knives.  I want both the Fulcrum full size & folding tanto versions so bad, but they charge mucho dinero lira.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 4:46:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Extrema Ratio makes badass knives.  I want both the Fulcrum full size & folding tanto versions so bad, but they charge mucho dinero lira.
View Quote
Yes - they look great.  I'm curious if the migration to a Tanto blade bayonet was due to some perceived need or purpose?  For example better penetration through thicker uniforms, gear and body armor?  Or probably just  a cool fashion statement.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 5:12:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

Yes - they look great.  I'm curious if the migration to a Tanto blade bayonet was due to some perceived need or purpose?  For example better penetration through thicker uniforms, gear and body armor?  Or probably just  a cool fashion statement.
View Quote
I'd guess for the stronger point.  I do, however, question the cutting/slicing ability of the edge, given the relatively wide & shallow grind angle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:33:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By treasurediver:
View Quote
These are on sale at academy???

I’ll go buy one right now
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:25:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#41]
Still shows $799...but even at $879 its a steal at Academy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#42]
How gassy are the factory 10" with a suppressor? I'm interested in the factory 10" barrel but I shoot a lot suppressed. Any experiences from you guys?

Originally Posted By cherenkov:

I ordered a G28 Flash hider and will try the 12.75"+G28 before an SBR.

I can always cut  it again if I decide to SBR at 10.5"

Will post pics of how it looks
View Quote
Who are you sending it to for the chop? Are they going to be doing any gas work to it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#43]
How gassy are the factory 10" with a suppressor? I'm interested in the factory 10" barrel but I shoot a lot suppressed. Any experiences from you guys?

Who are you sending it to for the chop? Are they going to be doing any gas work to it?
View Quote
Factory gas tuning should be good down to 12.5" from what we've gathered.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#44]
799- is the new normal price at Academy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
I am doing the work myself.  Cut, crown and thread - I have done my ow barrel threading for myself before.  I am waiting for the arrival of the flash hider to be certain of measurements of barrel before cutting is determined.

I will leave the gas ports alone initially and try it - if it doesn't work I plan on opening them up

Receiver side port: .075"
Muzzle side port: .042"

These are the sizes other reported that the gun functions well in both modes for 10.5 and not overgassed.  The gas block is held on the barrel with a roll pin Punching that off then drill ports only if needed.  We will see if roughly 12.75 and leaving ports as is acceptable or not.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I am pumped to hear about your results...you should video it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Opened a support request with Beretta not long ago about the trigger variation, and the finally responded and said there hasn't been a change.  Nothing to sell, nothing to upgrade.

Odds are Beretta is just being Beretta and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

If you have one of the newer ARXs (ARXes?) with the "2-stage" trigger, I'd be interested in seeing pics of the trigger/hammer/disconnector or even a top-down shot into your lower.  Or if you've ordered trigger parts from Brownells lately.

I'm half-tempted to go buy a new one from Academy, but I've got other irons in the fire so it will remain half-temptation.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 4:24:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#48]
I took a couple of videos for you...IM your email to me and I'll send it.

@Findsman
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Hmm torn between this and a nicer ar ,the price is quite attractive, now if only there was a pistol version
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By storminnorman:
799- is the new normal price at Academy.
View Quote
Too bad its only in stores. I don’t have an academy near me.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top