Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:44:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Strange as I just swapped triggers and fps in my .300 BO's, put the original trigger in the carbine and it works fine with the s fps.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I had my carrier replaced about 2 months ago, I had a MBT in it so they replaced it with the Sig match trigger.

Anyone else get the following email a few days ago? Maybe I'm one of the lucky few...

Subject: Sig Sauer two stage trigger

Dear XXX,

I am reaching out to you regarding your receipt of a SIG SAUER two-stage match trigger. SIG SAUER has determined that a small quantity of hammers were shipped after having been improperly heat-treated. During testing these hammers had improper wear, which could cause the firearm to malfunction. This malfunction could cause a serious safety hazard. As a result, SIG is requiring all customers who received a match trigger group to return it, in exchange for a two-stage match trigger.

You might have purchased the match group trigger separately as a kit, had it sent to you as a courtesy upgrade, or had it installed by a SIG SAUER gunsmith.  Regardless, if you have a trigger assembly with a SIG logo on the hammer, stop using it immediately.

My #1 priority is to get this fixed at no cost to you. I can either swap out your trigger assembly (if you feel comfortable removing it from your rifle), or I can bring any complete SIG SAUER rifle back to our factory to exchange the components.

Here is my email address ([email protected]) and my phone number (603) 610-XXXX. Let me know which option you prefer.

I will send you a shipping label and box with instructions out to you within 24 business hours of you getting in touch with me. A new trigger kit or your rifle with new trigger will be returned to you within 7 - 10 working days from me getting it here in New Hampshire.

If I don’t hear from you I will follow-up with a phone call.  Thank you so much for your patience and cooperation.  We appreciate your patronage and want to ensure your SIG SAUER product meets the high standard the SIG brand delivers.
View Quote
**Edit**  I appreciate that they are fixing it, and I certainly appreciate the trigger upgrade (although it was forced), but damn...
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I had no idea about this issue until I discovered this thread. I called Sig a month ago, told them I had a Geiselle SSA and they sent me an RMA to send my carrier in and they’d send a replacement in 2 weeks. Now over a month later I call and they now say I have to send the rifle in to see if they can make it  work. If not they will put their own trigger in.

I’m so pissed at this bullshit. A week ago the rep said he’d send my a standard carrier with the pin seperately so I didn’t have to wait so long. Now I have to send the fucking rest of the rifle in.

Should I take my SSA out and install the 10lb shitty Sig trigger in or will I get my SSA back?

Fuck you sig, this hs been a CS nightmare! When I get my rifle back it.s going on the EE I won’t own a sig product ever again.

ETA  Just called back and talked to another CS guy who wasn’t an asshat and he said he’s sending me the carrier and pin separately 2 day air. I asked for an email confirming this and hopefully I’ll have a running MCX soon. He said he had the pin in his hand.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had no idea about this issue until I discovered this thread. I called Sig a month ago, told them I had a Geiselle SSA and they sent me an RMA to send my carrier in and they’d send a replacement in 2 weeks. Now over a month later I call and they now say I have to send the rifle in to see if they can make it  work. If not they will put their own trigger in.

I’m so pissed at this bullshit. A week ago the rep said he’d send my a standard carrier with the pin seperately so I didn’t have to wait so long. Now I have to send the fucking rest of the rifle in.

Should I take my SSA out and install the 10lb shitty Sig trigger in or will I get my SSA back?

Fuck you sig, this hs been a CS nightmare! When I get my rifle back it.s going on the EE I won’t own a sig product ever again.

ETA  Just called back and talked to another CS guy who wasn’t an asshat and he said he’s sending me the carrier and pin separately 2 day air. I asked for an email confirming this and hopefully I’ll have a running MCX soon. He said he had the pin in his hand.
View Quote
The second guy you talked to didn’t have a clue.  A Geissele trigger was about the only aftermarket trigger they wouldn’t replace.  They would simply send you the G marked carrier that worked with Geissele triggers.  I never sent my whole MCX in.  Told them on the phone that I had a SSA in mine, they said OK, and all I sent them was my old carrier and they sent me a new G marked one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have email confirmation the 2nd guy sent me the replacement carrier and the pin to make it work with my SSA.

ETA: Got the new carrier assy and the G marked firing pin lock and installed in the rifle. So clearly the 2nd non asshat CS dude knew what was what. Also got a $50 gift card for their web store.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody sent theirs in recently have a timeframe on turnaround? Mine has been over a month. Tried to call but got busy line yesterday. Will try again tomorrow. When I send my carrier in they sent me an upgraded CH the next week but I have heard nothing about my carrier since dropping off the prepaid box.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody sent theirs in recently have a timeframe on turnaround? Mine has been over a month. Tried to call but got busy line yesterday. Will try again tomorrow. When I send my carrier in they sent me an upgraded CH the next week but I have heard nothing about my carrier since dropping off the prepaid box.
View Quote
They’re probably too busy dicking with P320 recalls to worry much about the MCX. But don’t worry, Sigs recall department is surely bigger than their enginering department. Their top men are on it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#8]
SIG = Recall

I still have P320 with POS trigger system waiting for that fiasco to be resolved, what next?

I guess once the top men figure out the problem all issues will be resolved forever.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine arrived at sig on 1/29. So what you're saying I am in for a wait.

I don't see how it would be that hard to open the box, take the BCG out, put the new one in, and ship it back. For that matter why send the old one back at all? It isn't like they can use it again.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine showed up today so pretty much a month.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top