Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2018 6:04:32 PM EDT
Title says it all. I bought one of the last run OD green pc w/cb profuced from eagle industries years ago. Seems almost everyone has switched over to ranger green. Does anyone still make OD green gear readily available?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Tactical Tailor
Safariland
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
In addition to the above Beez Combat Systems also makes OD green gear.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Surplus stores still have tons of it. Something new and rare, most production goes to active duty so preferred colorways are who they cater to.

Woodland is still official and considered "jungle" appropriate so there remain some applications for OD to match.

Some items pop up on Soldier Systems or Kit Up! who report overruns from some manufacturers. For the most part, tho, coyote is the new OD.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ll look into those. If I’m not mistaken, they used to offer the shellback tactical banshee in OD. Do they offer the new one in OD?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Blue Force Gear. Which baffles my mind that they readily stock OD, but have no plans for Ranger Green.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Blue Force Gear. Which baffles my mind that they readily stock OD, but have no plans for Ranger Green.
View Quote
Same.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Ranger green is best green.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got some ranger green ten-speeds. Does BFG no longer produce them?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess those were just a limited run. When I emailed a few months ago, they say they would send my ideas to Product Development or something like that.

I told them they could be missing out on a lot of business from LE customers....
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Just curious, why OD green over Ranger Green?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
It works better in some places and some guys like the look. I don't go with either since every company's green is slightly diffrent. The BFG green especially is pretty funky compared to other guys green.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I had just seen ranger green available when I ordered years ago. Always looked more grey in photos. My AO is always pretty green, even in winter. I use woodland stil because it works well here. I could have went with coyote tan also but decided to go with OD at the time. I could go a whole different direction but already have so much gear in the OD.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Gotcha, just wondering.  I too had a shit-load of gear in legacy OD; it just was replaced as new stuff came out with better features, etc.

And I get it, there are lots pf places where Green is a better base than coyote brown.

Maybe it's just me, but I love Ranger Green.  All that gray you mentioned really blends that stuff in, especially at dawn and twilight.  And it really looks good under Near IR too.  The OD Green just looks too bright to my eyes now.  And it is a lot brighter under NIR.  I don't know for sure, but I suspect RG was designed to replace OD for this reason.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the old OG107.  Not sure if that is considered the "OG" or ranger green though.

Basically the color of the jungle fatigues I used to wear.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gotcha, just wondering.  I too had a shit-load of gear in legacy OD; it just was replaced as new stuff came out with better features, etc.

And I get it, there are lots pf places where Green is a better base than coyote brown.

Maybe it's just me, but I love Ranger Green.  All that gray you mentioned really blends that stuff in, especially at dawn and twilight.  And it really looks good under Near IR too.  The OD Green just looks too bright to my eyes now.  And it is a lot brighter under NIR.  I don't know for sure, but I suspect RG was designed to replace OD for this reason.
View Quote
At the time I didn’t think OD green was in danger of ppl pulling away from. Everyone was making stuff in it. I guess times change. I believe Blackhawk still makes some things in OD. May jus have to piece together another setup from a few places
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Love me some OD green.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree that RG blends in more environments then OD.  It goes well with woodland and multicam
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok, I’ve been looking around at tactical tailor and first spear carriers and cannot find nothing available in OD. Idk if I’m looking in the wrong places or what but I have yet to find anything. Where would be the best places to look?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#19]
What exactly are you looking for? Ie radio pouches, ammo pouches, etc.

Ebay usually has a decent amount of OD stuff from Eagle Industries and London Bridge Trading. Eagle made some OD kit for the DFLCS contract and they pop up time to time.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#20]
First spear does not make anything in OD, I don't think TT does either
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#21]
OP are you looking for a armor carrier?

TT has some pouches in OD but a carrier will probably be a special order and yes they do special orders all the time. They used to make a lot of their gear in OD and still make a bit of it. Custom order LOWVIS LOW Profile Scroll down on the drop down color menu and look for OD.

5.11 has a plate carrier in OD they currently make. TACTEC

Also look at High Speed Gear Inc they make some in OD.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I have to agree I prefer the OD green . I have mostly Tactical Tailor OD green gear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top