Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

So basically, no change vs regular LabRadar? Since the BT module is worthless.
View Quote

Bluetooth is fixed with the latest firmware update.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:04:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#2]
Originally Posted By ronemus:

Bluetooth is fixed with the latest firmware update.
View Quote

If I had a dime every time I've heard that.

I have latest update. No change. Still froggy.

Seemed to help some people though.

To Mac users, I'm not having much luck. I'll keep playing around with it but getting a MS program to read a Mac file system is proving fruitless this far.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:08:55 AM EDT
[#3]
So what's the best way to remove garbage/unwanted series, and keep the good stuff?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Tao:
So what's the best way to remove garbage/unwanted series, and keep the good stuff?
View Quote

Series, or shots?

If it is a series, just delete that folder from the file structure on the SD card. Or just delete that series tab when you are done.

If it is a single shot you want to delete, there is a delete button for that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Due to supply shortages, it sounds like LabRadar is going to release a “lite” version that doesn’t have Bluetooth.  

I’m guessing g it’s either Fo that or go out of business.

I’m curious to see if the “lite” version will cost less, the same or more.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
@-Obsessed-

Version 1.04 is crashing after importing the first record for me.

EditionWindows 11 Home
Version22H2
Installed on‎5/‎9/‎2022
OS build22616.1
ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22632.1000.0

Office 365, running from the root of the SD Card.  Ver 1.0 and 1.02 are importing just fine.

Let me know if you need more details.

VR
Pitt
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 4:32:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#7]
Originally Posted By Bandit432:
@-Obsessed-

Version 1.04 is crashing after importing the first record for me.

EditionWindows 11 Home
Version22H2
Installed on‎5/‎9/‎2022
OS build22616.1
ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22632.1000.0

Office 365, running from the root of the SD Card.  Ver 1.0 and 1.02 are importing just fine.

Let me know if you need more details.

VR
Pitt
View Quote

Thanks for the info. I'm digging into it now. I noticed that the BC calc crashes it under curtain circumstances.

You can jump back to 1.03 if need be for now until I can sort through it. Hope to have it straightened out this weekend.

To that point I may keep all versions linked and available to those that want/need it.

Sorry for the trouble and I appreciate the patience.

ETA: @Bandit432

Try This: LabRadar Data Consolidation Tool V1.0.4c

This fixed it for me.  It was just getting ahead of itself a bit, so slowed down the BC calculation routine by allowing DoEvents before merging ranges and that seemed to fix it on my end.

IM me if it doesn't fix it and we'll troubleshoot it together.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Thanks for the info. I'm digging into it now. I noticed that the BC calc crashes it under curtain circumstances.

You can jump back to 1.03 if need be for now until I can sort through it. Hope to have it straightened out this weekend.

To that point I may keep all versions linked and available to those that want/need it.

Sorry for the trouble and I appreciate the patience.

ETA: @Bandit432

Try This: LabRadar Data Consolidation Tool V1.0.4b

This fixed it for me.  It was just getting ahead of itself a bit, so slowed down the BC calculation routine by allowing DoEvents before merging ranges and that seemed to fix it on my end.

IM me if it doesn't fix it and we'll troubleshoot it together.
View Quote

You are a great asset Obsessed....
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:44:40 AM EDT
[#9]
@-Obsessed-

That fixed it!!  Most awesome!!!!  Thanks so much for developing this tool.  I know VBA can be a bit tedious at times.

Cheers!
Bandit432
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:51:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:

You are a great asset Obsessed....
View Quote

Thanks! There are a lot of great people here, happy to be considered among them.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:59:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#11]
New version released: 1.0.4c. Links throughout this thread have been updated.

Only change was a fixed bug where BC stats were corrupting when deleting a shot if it wasn't the first or last shot in a series. No other changes made.

If there are any other suggestions, or tweaks that you'd like to see, speak up. This is a tool for the people.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:27:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#12]
Okay, my old thread fell into archives, so reviving it as we've had a huge influx of LR owners in the past 3 years since I last did this.

So, what is this jazz you ask? It's a LabRadar Data Consolidation Tool!

For those that are uninitiated, the LabRadar is THE chronograph to have.  However, it is not perfect.  One of the more annoying things about the LR is the way in which it manages files.  Every series gets its own folder.  Within that folder, there is a summary file, and then a folder of shots.  When you enter that folder, you have individual shot files.  It literally writes a workbook for every shot.  Annoying!

Here is how it looks, as it comes from the SD Card:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/Tree-1_jpg-2299445.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/Tree-2_jpg-2299446.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/Tree-3_jpg-2299447.JPG

So, the tool I created is a VBA driven consolidation tool that takes all the data in ALL those spreadsheets, and consolidates it into a single workbook.  What's better, is the tool can pull series in at any time! So, you can just keep a "master" workbook that you just import new series into every time you get back from the range.

Here is what the tool looks like when you open it:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/LR-Welcome_jpg-2299448.JPG

It has instructions, and the disclaimer that I am in NO way affiliated with LR...I am just a happy customer that saw an opportunity to improve the process for myself. Then I told others about it and shared it.

You click import, and a status bar splash screen will appear to let you know that it is importing the data.

The end result is a single tab for each series.  Create a new series on the LR, and it will end up as its own tab, with each shot in that series all in the same tab.

Here is an example, instructional screen grab of what is included in this newly created tab:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/LR-Details_jpg-2299452.JPG

The top left has some administrative stuff: Device ID (Your LR ID), Series number, number of shots in series, and the units that the unit is set to for velocity, distance, kinetic energy, and bullet mass.  These are typically unchanged. Then below that are the stats of the series: Mean Velocity, STD Dev, ES, etc etc. Note these are formulas, and update in real time if you delete shots from the series (more on that later).

In the yellow section at the top, you enter in the recipe details: Load Description, Projectile, Powder, Primer, and Case info.  The projectile weight is then used to calculate the KE and PF in the chart below.

There are two charts shown, each with heat maps to show, visually, the different velocities, and can be used to QUICKLY identify shots that may have inaccurate readings. The velocity table is on the left, and the KE is on the right, each with their own color gradients.  To the right of each shot in the tables, there is a gray "Delete" button. Clicking this will remove that shot from the sheet.  The stats of that series will then be updated in real time to reflect the change.  This is NOT possible in the original data...if you wanted to delete a shot, you had to do it on the unit itself (or trough the app) before pulling it off the SD card.

At the bottom of the tab is the readings of the individual shots...this includes time, velocity, distance, and SNR.  This again allows you to quickly spot shots with inaccurate readings.  You can also use this data to calculate BCs if you like Calculus.

That pretty much sums it up!

Expecations:

• I expect you to tell me you're giving this a whirl.  I'm providing this free of charge...the least you can do is tell me you're using it. I want to know if my effort is actually being utilized/appreciated.

• I expect feedback.  If there is something that isn't working correctly, please tell me.  I'm not a professional programmer, and I'm only a sample size of 1, so there may be bugs. The goal is to fix bugs and also implement changes and improvements/capabilities that do not exist today in the tool.  I want this to be a tool for the people. So please tell me what you'd like to see in it.

• Please have a respectable, open discussion in this thread.  All responses in relation to the above two bullet points can be posted directly in this thread, via email, via private message, whatever. I don't care, but I'd prefer you at least help keep this an active discussion as I want this to be a living thread.  The last one fell into the archives pretty fast, and once that happens I can't update the link to the file, etc, and then I get emails asking for help on a file I haven't updated in ages for the rest of time.

So, now that you made it through this wall of text, here is the file! Let me know what you think!

LabRadar Data Consolidation Tool V1.0.4c

@lilMAC25
@arowneragain
@Redarts
@BuckeyeRifleman
@rob78
@DevilDog0402
@wildearp
@magnum_99
@montyw42
@MrEG
@RePp
@762SR25
@NFA-Joe
@popnfresh
@Kuraki
@AKSnowRider
@JQ66
@SeaDog951
@jakjakman
@AeroEngineer
@Haveme1
@MadCowRacer
@optoisolator
@Bubbatheredneck
@ppknut
View Quote

Cool!  Thanks for doing this, and I downloaded it, and will check it out.  Also, there is ChronoPlotter, which does analysis on LabRadar data and file structure as well - though with some different goals than I think OP's version.  
https://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthread.php?24267-ChronoPlotter-plots-your-chrono-data-also-Free&highlight=Labradar

How to plot powder velocity test data fast and easy with Chronoplotter!

https://chronoplotter.com/2021/10/13/chronoplotter-v2-2-0/
(no affiliation, and this is a .exe file from "some guy", so proceed accordingly!)

I like OP's version, as this lets me consolidate my files into something useful to work with.  Though, FWIW, when I open it up in Excel, I get this error message:

Excel was able to open the file repairing or removing the unreadable content"

Removed Part: /xl/styles.bin part.  (Styles)
Repaired Records: Cell information from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.bin part
Repaired Records: Cell information from /xl/worksheets/sheet2.bin part
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

I like OP's version, as this lets me consolidate my files into something useful to work with.  Though, FWIW, when I open it up in Excel, I get this error message:

View Quote

Odd.

Is anyone else getting this error with the latest version?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't see any errors using Excel 2010 on Win10x64.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:24:35 AM EDT
[#15]
To upgrade when a new version is released, I just remove the old one from the SD card and copy the new one in?

Or will that reset the changes I've made to the series in the spreadsheet?
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:08:47 AM EDT
[#16]
To upgrade when a new version is released, I just remove the old one from the SD card and copy the new one in?

Or will that reset the changes I've made to the series in the spreadsheet?
View Quote

That will reset the changes unfortunately.

That does provide a great piece of feedback though. Currently, when it deletes a shot from a series, it simply deletes it from the spreadsheet and NOT the LabRadar folder itself. Would it be helpful if it actually deleted the shot from the folder itself that way changes are persistent import to import?

Alternatively (or in addition to?) I can build upgrade functionality into the tool where it can update old versions of the sheet. I see that being more difficult, but possible, to pull off.

The ideal state would simply get to a stable release and call it good. But that never seems to work out!
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#17]
My technique is to rename, via Save As, the spreadsheet (original downloaded file) for each day/session that I import and then store it together with the original data files, the target pictures, and the On Target data on my One Drive account in a folder specific to that session.  I do the save as either right before or right after I do the import.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Would it be helpful if it actually deleted the shot from the folder itself that way changes are persistent import to import?

Alternatively (or in addition to?) I can build upgrade functionality into the tool where it can update old versions of the sheet. I see that being more difficult, but possible, to pull off.
View Quote

Absolutely, so long as the undo button works. I'd prefer this, because it just eliminates the garbage data altogether.

Being able to just update the whole thing would definitely also be great.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Absolutely, so long as the undo button works. I'd prefer this, because it just eliminates the garbage data altogether.

Being able to just update the whole thing would definitely also be great.
View Quote

No undo button. I'll put an "Are you sure Tao?" Prompt in there as a next best alternative.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:36:51 AM EDT
[#20]

No undo button. I'll put an "Are you sure Tao?" Prompt in there as a next best alternative.
View Quote

Do eeeet!
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m going to pull data later today.

Attachment Attached File

I’m so excited!  Data, data snd more data!
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Okay, my old thread fell into archives, so reviving it as we've had a huge influx of LR owners in the past 3 years since I last did this.

So, what is this jazz you ask? It's a LabRadar Data Consolidation Tool!

[snip]

Expecations:

• I expect you to tell me you're giving this a whirl.  I'm providing this free of charge...the least you can do is tell me you're using it. I want to know if my effort is actually being utilized/appreciated.

• I expect feedback.  If there is something that isn't working correctly, please tell me.  I'm not a professional programmer, and I'm only a sample size of 1, so there may be bugs. The goal is to fix bugs and also implement changes and improvements/capabilities that do not exist today in the tool.  I want this to be a tool for the people. So please tell me what you'd like to see in it.

• Please have a respectable, open discussion in this thread.  All responses in relation to the above two bullet points can be posted directly in this thread, via email, via private message, whatever. I don't care, but I'd prefer you at least help keep this an active discussion as I want this to be a living thread.  The last one fell into the archives pretty fast, and once that happens I can't update the link to the file, etc, and then I get emails asking for help on a file I haven't updated in ages for the rest of time.

So, now that you made it through this wall of text, here is the file! Let me know what you think!

View Quote

I downloaded version V.1.0.4 and just gave it a quick run.  Success at pulling in all my data.  I actually used the tool before even reading the instructions

Luckily for me this tool works just like the one's some of my smart engineers have developed to read in and process acoustic test data, so I just dumped the data and the tool into a folder and ran it without even thinking about it.  

First impressions: this is a slick, well made Excel tool.  

I'll dig into it some more and provide any additional comments.

As a note, I'm running the LabRadar Lite, which is supposed to be the same as a LabRadar minus Bluetooth, so clearly the output file is the same.  Not that I'd really expect this to be different, but you never know.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

As a note, I'm running the LabRadar Lite, which is supposed to be the same as a LabRadar minus Bluetooth, so clearly the output file is the same.  Not that I'd really expect this to be different, but you never know.
View Quote

It's good info, I'm sure at some point somebody would ask.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#24]

That makes sense. I didn't consider the fact I have to use external library references which do NOT exist on a Mac.  The file system structure is different, with different libraries.

Sorry.

On the plus side, 1.0.4 is ready.  It now has aggregated BC data at the top!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/unnamed_jpg-2362679.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Doug_A:

I can confirm that unfortunately it does not work in Excel for Mac...

The import fails with a "Can't Create Object" runtime error which debug shows to be the result of Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

It looks like an incredibly useful tool. I may have to dig out an old PC just to run this!

That makes sense. I didn't consider the fact I have to use external library references which do NOT exist on a Mac.  The file system structure is different, with different libraries.

Sorry.

On the plus side, 1.0.4 is ready.  It now has aggregated BC data at the top!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/unnamed_jpg-2362679.JPG

What do the color gradients in the cells relating to each shot string of data mean?

Trying to learn all the things this tool can do and is telling me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for putting in the work and sharing -Obsessed-!  I just got a new Lite today.  I'm not sure how long it will be before I can use it, but I've downloaded your spreadsheet and look forward to using it.  
Thanks!!
Gus
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:32:52 AM EDT
[#26]
So, I just imported data again from the last range trip, and it duplicated all the old stuff when it was done.

What's the best way to handle data going forward?

Save as individual sheets in a separate xcel file?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#27]
So, I just imported data again from the last range trip, and it duplicated all the old stuff when it was done.

What's the best way to handle data going forward?

Save as individual sheets in a separate xcel file?
View Quote

Generally I will save off a new version of the file for each range trip.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

That's what I do as well.  Also remember to delete your old strings from the SD Card.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Ah ok, I was in the mindset of using it as a standing database, but looks like it's ideally used as a duplicated template.

That means the updating to new versions question is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Anybody try this using LibreOffice Calc? I'm not having very much luck pulling in data. Made my own that works OK, but the BC calcs would come in handy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Think you could add a graph that auto populates?

Great for ladders.

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Think you could add a graph that auto populates?

Great for ladders.

https://i.imgur.com/ChwKUEm.jpg
View Quote

Only heathens shoot ladders in the same series.

I will look into that. Shouldn't be too hard to do. but for real though...you shoot different loads in the same series? Never heard of anyone doing that before. I certainly don't. I prefer them each their own series so I can see stats on that particular load.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:19:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tao] [#34]

Only heathens shoot ladders in the same series.

I will look into that. Shouldn't be too hard to do. but for real though...you shoot different loads in the same series? Never heard of anyone doing that before. I certainly don't. I prefer them each their own series so I can see stats on that particular load.
View Quote

If you're shooting more than one shot per loading/powder charge, then yeah. These were all a single shot of each load using an unknown powder to try and gauge where the safe zone was.

Since we're using it as a template, maybe have a separate version that includes charts, and one that doesn't?
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Finally got to spend some time with the labradar for the first time in almost 2 years.

Just requested access to download the tool, I'll let you know if I have any issues. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 4:08:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#36]
You did an awesome job on this @-Obsessed-

Very much appreciated.

Everything worked flawlessly, I just have one question...

Occasionally I'll see 1 BC calculation that is way off. For instance, the fourth shot/line calculated a BC of 0.191 while all the rest of them seem pretty close.

Any idea why I see this? Is it just from a misaligned Labradar that is missing data points in the calculation?

Attachment Attached File

I agree it would be really cool if there was a way to make a automatic plot. Could be something where if you have 5 series with each series being a different powder weight, it automatically grabs each weight and average from each series and creates a new tab with the plot. No idea how to do it, but it's a cool idea!

Regardless, thank you for your work on this. I'm extremely impressed with how easy it is to use.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 4:20:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#37]
Originally Posted By drfroglegs:
You did an awesome job on this @-Obsessed-

Very much appreciated.

Everything worked flawlessly, I just have one question...

Occasionally I'll see 1 BC calculation that is way off. For instance, the fourth shot/line calculated a BC of 0.191 while all the rest of them seem pretty close.

Any idea why I see this? Is it just from a misaligned Labradar that is missing data points in the calculation?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/322543/Capture_JPG-2437884.JPG

I agree it would be really cool if there was a way to make a automatic plot. Could be something where if you have 5 series with each series being a different powder weight, it automatically grabs each weight and average from each series and creates a new tab with the plot. No idea how to do it, but it's a cool idea!

Regardless, thank you for your work on this. I'm extremely impressed with how easy it is to use.
View Quote

Take a look at the shot data below the summary (where the green conditional formatting is) and look for wonky S/N ratio values on that shot. My guess is the LR glitched a bit. Feel free to shoot the series over to me and I'll take a peek. I can PM my email.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Just requested access and I look forward to trying this tool out.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By bigriver:
Anybody try this using LibreOffice Calc? I'm not having very much luck pulling in data. Made my own that works OK, but the BC calcs would come in handy.
View Quote

I’ve been impressed with LibreOffice and how well the various apps can import external documents, sheets, etc.

What’s “not working” when you try to import your data?  Are you starting with the file in the Labradar default format?

I fought the “Numbers versus Excel War” years ago and finally surrendered to needing to have Excel handy for some of the complex spreadsheets I developed using Excel.  But LibreOffice seems to have gone a long way to fix those issues.  So I’m interested in finding out what glitches you are encountering.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:

I've been impressed with LibreOffice and how well the various apps can import external documents, sheets, etc.

What's "not working" when you try to import your data?  Are you starting with the file in the Labradar default format?

I fought the "Numbers versus Excel War" years ago and finally surrendered to needing to have Excel handy for some of the complex spreadsheets I developed using Excel.  But LibreOffice seems to have gone a long way to fix those issues.  So I'm interested in finding out what glitches you are encountering.
View Quote
Yea I copy files from the SD to another folder, drop the spreadsheet file beside the LBR folder.

Stays on 0% for a long time. Escape out and this is noted:

BASIC runtime error.'51'
Internal error .

Looks to be having trouble with this section of the macro:

'Delete any defined names, to eliminate duplication
   If ActiveWorkbook.Names.Count > 0 Then
       On Error Resume Next
       Dim N As Variant
       For Each N In Actieworkbooks.Names
           N.Delete
       Next N
       Set N = Nothing
   End If

I have used calc for some of my spreadsheets made in excel, but I don't do macro's. This is above my paygrade.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bigriver:
Yea I copy files from the SD to another folder, drop the spreadsheet file beside the LBR folder.

Stays on 0% for a long time. Escape out and this is noted:

BASIC runtime error.'51'
Internal error .

Looks to be having trouble with this section of the macro:

'Delete any defined names, to eliminate duplication
   If ActiveWorkbook.Names.Count > 0 Then
       On Error Resume Next
       Dim N As Variant
       For Each N In Actieworkbooks.Names
           N.Delete
       Next N
       Set N = Nothing
   End If

I have used calc for some of my spreadsheets made in excel, but I don't do macro's. This is above my paygrade.
View Quote

Libre office doesn't use the same reference libraries as Excel. To put it plainly, it's a "rough approximation" of what VBA can do, but not nearly as powerful.

That said I don't have the time to learn a different programming language, but it does make me wonder if it is cross platform compatible with Mac without having to recode it. I doubt that's the case, but when I get time I'll look into it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:17:23 AM EDT
[#42]

Libre office doesn't use the same reference libraries as Excel. To put it plainly, it's a "rough approximation" of what VBA can do, but not nearly as powerful.

That said I don't have the time to learn a different programming language, but it does make me wonder if it is cross platform compatible with Mac without having to recode it. I doubt that's the case, but when I get time I'll look into it.
View Quote
Thanks for what you have done to date.

Not a problem for me. Thought someone may know more about calc and got it to work.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#44]
LibreOffice seems to have a well-built macro system that is based on BASIC.  In LibreOffice Calc, selecting Tools|Macros|Edit Macros opens an actual IDE for writing BASIC-flavored macros. Now I'm intrigued.

I'm considering requesting access to your tool so I can play with the LO macro system...
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 1:19:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TNC:
My club just got a labradar lite and they're renting it to members. I used it for an hour and got familiar with it. Next time I'll take an SD card so I can bring all the data home.

This was the second time I've had opportunity to compare results from a labradar and my magnetospeed.  The first time a friend and I checked a variety of rifle ammo and found the two instruments agree to within 1%.

I haven't worked up the data yet, but the differences between the two were 0 - 10 fps for loads going 1900-ish fps. The sample size is small, but it gives me more confidence both instruments are accurate.
View Quote

A member on this forum did a side by side some time ago and reported the LR and MS were very consistent with each other's readings. The optical chrony he used did not correlate very close.    

This test demonstrated an Oehler right in line with the LR and MS.
https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2019/11/chrono-test-labradar-vs-magnetospeed-vs-oehler-35p/
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Blowout:

A member on this forum did a side by side some time ago and reported the LR and MS were very consistent with each other's readings. The optical chrony he used did not correlate very close.    

https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2019/11/chrono-test-labradar-vs-magnetospeed-vs-oehler-35p/
View Quote

My data also supported that before I sold my MS.

I started with that before the labradar came out. Was pretty impressed with it but I couldnt get past it messing up my precision rifle groups as I was taking readings. Would see a constant poi shift when using it.

I think the data is just as good, but the labradar beats it at pretty much everything else with regards to compatibility, ease of setup, and actual use in the field without affecting groups/sighting in shots.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#47]

I started with that before the labradar came out. Was pretty impressed with it but I couldnt get past it messing up my precision rifle groups as I was taking readings. Would see a constant poi shift when using it.

I think the data is just as good, but the labradar beats it at pretty much everything else with regards to compatibility, ease of setup, and actual use in the field without affecting groups/sighting in shots.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blowout:

Following along in the FB LabRadar group, the only area where the MS seems better is for those shooters who can only shoot indoors.  A couple examples of shooters not being able to resolve indoor background scatter.  Pretty much as long as you can shoot in a LR friendly environment, LR all the way..
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Access requested to the file.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Not sure if anyone else has commented on this, but was able to import a total of 62 series in one operation.  It took a few minutes, but everything appears to have transferred over correctly.

Now to enter a few of the static data points in all of those files and see what I learn about my handloads

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Bumping this so I can find it when my LL shows up. Just ordered it. Looking forward to working with it.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top