Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2021 2:14:47 AM EDT
Sightmark 1-6x24 pinnacle, UTG Accu-Sync 50mm offset 30mm ring scope medium height mount, XS Sights full rail with peep rear sight and front white stripe black outline blade.

Craptacular pic showing 'see through' view of front sight through rear peep and scope mount

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:25:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems like your scope is kind of far to the rear?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Black eye?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#3]
No scope eye. Eye relief is a constant 4" throughout magnification and it's perfect for my cheekweld and never having to move while working the action. I shoot squared up and replaced the stock with a youth one with reduced LOP, if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Makes sense. I like it.

30-30?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#5]
damm...I want one of those
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
The end of the ocular bell should normally be well past the tang . Looks to me like it's where it should be. Push it forward and you have to crane your neck forward. I'd even look to push it back another half inch because the pistol grip on that rifle is so bloody long.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Makes sense. I like it.

30-30?
View Quote

Yes, 30-30.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The end of the ocular bell should normally be well past the tang . Looks to me like it's where it should be. Push it forward and you have to crane your neck forward. I'd even look to push it back another half inch because the pistol grip on that rifle is so bloody long.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cheated and put a youth stock on it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I guess that's pretty tight.

The ultimate way to mount a scope low on the Marlin is a custom arrangement that places the bottom of the eyepiece below the top of the receiver. This is accomplished by making a clearance cut for the eyepiece to the maximum depth that the builder feels is prudent, and then custom modified rings are mounted, with one on the receiver and one on the barrel. To my knowledge, the first Marlin so modified was an 1894 in .44 Mag, shown below, that I built for my wife over 20 years ago (this was my on-ramp for the Highway to Hell).
View Quote

https://ashleyperformance.com/pages/scopesandleverguns
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I cheated and put a youth stock on it.
View Quote

I like a really short stock, too, for offhand shooting.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks good!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top