Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2021 11:36:21 PM EDT
Anyone used moly resin on a rifle can?

Got a mount stuck on my Omega, had to use some heat (propane torch) and burned off a little bit of the factory cerakote.

I’ve used Norrels a bunch and have always been pleased, figured blasting off the old finish and applying Norrels is easier and cheaper than paying for new cerakote.

Just wasn’t sure how Norrels does with the heat from a rifle can.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 1:13:11 AM EDT
[#1]
My prediction is you will burn it off by the end of the 1st mag if it's on a semi-auto rifle.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:17:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I did a 556 can in 2006. Still holding up fairly good. Has seen full auto fire.

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My prediction is you will burn it off by the end of the 1st mag if it's on a semi-auto rifle.
View Quote

From their website:
"The original Moly Resin™ coating was initially developed in 1980 for aluminum AR-15/M-16 receivers and stainless steel sound suppressors."

Yes, I have first-hand experience spraying silencers w/ MR.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Ecco Machine uses it on his cans and mount replacements.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 1:04:00 AM EDT
[#5]
i have it on 3 of my cans.
it holds up
moly resin is amazing. im not sure why its not more [popular
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top