Posted: 2/20/2018 4:29:55 PM EDT
Quick video of my experience with the Norotos LoSto FTO

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Photo cred “Dammit Bobby”
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool review. I will have a push button model in my hands tomorrow to mess with. I am looking forward to moving away from the old rhino mount.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#2]
You mention that you're flipping up constantly as a hunter, is that to use a thermal scope or cnvd?

I constantly find myself swearing at my l4g24 because of the noise and the stupid button.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You mention that you're flipping up constantly as a hunter, is that to use a thermal scope or cnvd?

I constantly find myself swearing at my l4g24 because of the noise and the stupid button.
View Quote
Yeah, I flip up to go to whatever thermal I have on the gun. (MK3 right now)  It seems like the noise/spring/button spooks yotes right at the moment I’m about to shoot. It’s been nice this mount is so quiet.
Now if my huntin partner would get one also.....haha
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah, I flip up to go to whatever thermal I have on the gun. (MK3 right now)  It seems like the noise/spring/button spooks yotes right at the moment I’m about to shoot. It’s been nice this mount is so quiet.
Now if my huntin partner would get one also.....haha
View Quote
K. I'm sold.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you shake the helmet enough to make the FTO version flip your NODs down from the flipped up position? Can dynamic movement cause it to move up or down at all? From the video it looks like very little force is required to overcome the mechanism.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can you shake the helmet enough to make the FTO version flip your NODs down from the flipped up position? Can dynamic movement cause it to move up or down at all? From the video it looks like very little force is required to overcome the mechanism.
View Quote
Dynamic movement?

Like tripping on a tree branch on the ground?
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool. I’ve considered buying one for the backup/loaner. Might have to go ahead and do that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dynamic movement?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dynamic movement?

Stepping into a depression that you never saw because you were focused on the hogs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
I had never had the mount come down. But I just tried and if you really try I can get it to come down. Hasn’t happened in real use yet tho.
And please people be careful while navigating with thermal.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks that's what I was looking for. Yes so dynamic situations would be like jumping off a log or yes, stepping into a depression. Conceivable as you are effectively looking through toilet paper tubes when using helmet-mounted NVGs or Thermal (especially dual setups), so you're walking/running around without good left/right/up/down peripheral vision.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks really cool. I’m seeing retail prices in the $480 range, is that right? I’ll have to wait until they hit the used market before I trade up from the rhino 2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top