Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2018 2:16:11 PM EDT
Hello all,
New to the Night Vision section as I just picked up my first NOD, a PVS14. Currently riding in a aka2 mount with a norotos dual dovetail adapter.

The aka2 seems like a really solid mount but I seem to have some slop in the dovertail mount which allows the pvs just enough movement to be annoying when I’m moving around.

Is this to be expected? Or is there some trick to tightening up the dovetail clearances?

Link Posted: 9/6/2018 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Bungees are the easiest solution to get rid of any slop.

There is no single standard for dovetails and thus some new designs have adjustable receptacles and dovetails, an example is the Cadex low profile mount where you can move one side of the receptacle to adjust for slop.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I added alittle piece of cloth tape to mine and it tightened up the socket fit. I also use a bungee.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought the bungee would help but it seems the ops core oem one doesn't provide any tension on the NOD when it's in the down position. I may try to a sliver of electrical tape or something.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#4]
My slop is in the actual mount on the ops core and not ddt.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#5]
What about these pads in the dovetail of the aka2, Is there some way to remove the roll-pin and push these into the dovetail tightening the mount?

Link Posted: 9/7/2018 12:33:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Those are spring loaded on my Norotos. Are yours not?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those are spring loaded on my Norotos. Are yours not?
View Quote
Damn how did I not notice that.

It seems the rear pad extends out further and actually has good spring tension while the front one doesn’t really compress and spring back out. Guess I’m disassembling it and seeing what’s up. Maybe can o-ring mod it like a extractor or something.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Give any thought to trying a Wilcox mount and shoe? Costly but if you want to remove slop, I feel it's hard to beat Wilcox.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top