Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2021 11:41:33 AM EDT
Looks like the archives are still down so I can’t search for the answer. Is there a way to disable the auto shut off using a DDA and my PVS14? It’s annoying to have to cycle the power switch to turn it back on.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Believe you can place some electrical tape over the detents.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I wasn’t sure. I had heard of guys removing the wire from some of the J-arms in order to disable the feature on them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Tape is correct answer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tape is correct answer.
View Quote

One of the few cheap NV solutions.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for asking this, I’m gonna get on it. The dda is awesome but it seems to be super sensitive on the auto shut off. Even leaning my head/body too far turns the unit off.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Not positive about the DDA, but on standard bayonet mounts I remove the magnet from the rhino arm. This eliminates the auto function and removes some grams from hanging off the front of my head. I have a pvs14 that acts more like an auto-on than auto-off
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top