Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2018 1:54:27 PM EDT
I have a lot of Remington and Hornady rifle brass in 30-06 and 223.  Been thinking about getting some better brass to reload with and looking at Norma ammo.  Is the Norma brass better quality and more consistent?  I’ve never shot any and have no experience with it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a lot of Remington and Hornady rifle brass in 30-06 and 223.  Been thinking about getting some better brass to reload with and looking at Norma ammo.  Is the Norma brass better quality and more consistent?  I’ve never shot any and have no experience with it.
View Quote
NORMA brass blows away common US brass.  It is highly consistent, has very uniform primer holes, and drilled rather than punched flash holes.  I shoot better, when I shoot NORMA brass casings.  In my experience, it is a little thicker.  Basically there are two thickness specs to .223 brass.  There is
LC/WolfGold/PMC/FC/RP/ other US Spec brass thickness (light)

and European thickness of
PPU/NORMA/MEN/GECO/Lapua

With some variability in there of course.  The European brass is thicker, which I guess is nice; but more importantly just better made brass, with better flash holes and better case-to-case consistency.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Lapua is what you want. cheaper Norma 223 is not the same brass as the more premium brass (Geco 223 IIRC).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top