Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2018 9:29:10 PM EDT
I kept asking questions in another person’s thread so I figured I should start one for mine.

Honestly one of those guns I don’t know a lot about. Friend needed money, bought it, and he never wanted it back. Hell, I even thought it was a polytech not a Norinco. Whoops.

Shoots ok with m80 ball. The chu wood stock sucks and almost blocks a third of the trigger.

I was going to swap it the stock for a GI one but the metal doesn’t swap over so I need a buttplate

So, here it. See anything out of place or unusual?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#2]
It shoots ok but looks well used.

I think its all Chinese, no parts swapped.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whats going on with the front sight and the trigger group? FS looks like it was heated and got tempered. The TG looks like it had a chunk cut and rewelded on?
View Quote
Not sure on the TG, will check when I get home

The front sight on the top is just reflecting on the light.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Whats going on with the front sight and the trigger group? FS looks like it was heated and got tempered. The TG looks like it had a chunk cut and rewelded on?
View Quote
Yeah, that’s a funky-looking trigger housing.  Could it have been one that was originally for F/A, but had the part cut out?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Trigger group looks fine.

Flashider has been changed  to a SA INC or GI  as it originally would have been a bobb'd or no slots chinese one. Gi flash hiders fit but you have to use the Chinese castle nut as its metric threads

Generally the only sucky quality parts are the rear sight assy, stock and bolts . TG, Op-rod, recvr, gas system  are pretty solid.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Trigger group looks fine.

Flashider has been changed  to a SA INC or GI  as it originally would have been a bobb'd or no slots chinese one. Gi flash hiders fit but you have to use the Chinese castle nut as its metric threads

Generally the only sucky quality parts are the rear sight assy, stock and bolts . TG, Op-rod, recvr, gas system  are pretty solid.
View Quote
Thanks! I have a GI stock for it. I need a buttplate though.

Is there any reason to keep the chu wood stock?
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks! I have a GI stock for it. I need a buttplate though.

Is there any reason to keep the chu wood stock?
View Quote
If you've got the GI stock, don't bother keeping the Norc one.

Really good looking rifle. Interesting to see the FA op rod though, I'd guess your rifle is from the 80's when they were still producing FA M14's. Later models in the 90's and on don't have the connector cut out near the charging handle.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#9]
The entire rear sight doesn't need to be changed.  However, the sight knobs do.  Many of the WCE marked Chinese made knobs won't hold zero, and should be replaced(the flat springs may be soft).  Garand  knobs will work, and may be easier and cheaper to find.  Just don't put on more WCE marked knobs as they may be off a Polytech/Norinco.
See if the trigger and hammer have numbers and letters on them.  The original Chinese made trigger and hammer will not be marked, and are often soft.  Replace with USGI parts, and again Garand parts will work. However, from the mix of colors in that TG, grey and black, I'm guessing that someone has already done that.

I've got 3 Polytechs, one is a heel marked.  I've done all of these modes to mine.  I had issues with some of them, so did all of them to prevent more problems.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The entire rear sight doesn't need to be changed.  However, the sight knobs do.  Many of the WCE marked Chinese made knobs won't hold zero, and should be replaced(the flat springs may be soft).  Garand  knobs will work, and may be easier and cheaper to find.  Just don't put on more WCE marked knobs as they may be off a Polytech/Norinco.
See if the trigger and hammer have numbers and letters on them.  The original Chinese made trigger and hammer will not be marked, and are often soft.  Replace with USGI parts, and again Garand parts will work. However, from the mix of colors in that TG, grey and black, I'm guessing that someone has already done that.

I've got 3 Polytechs, one is a heel marked.  I've done all of these modes to mine.  I had issues with some of them, so did all of them to prevent more problems.
View Quote
thanks for the info @sailormilan2!

I think you are right about parts being changed in the TG and I'll pick up some Garand sights knobs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top